+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how can i apply for a work permit after I get the first letter from Imm office

Lavenderyyt

Mar 29, 2011
I got the first letter from immigration office yesterday. The two letters indicated both my husband and I have meet the eligibility for applying for the permernant resident as a sponsor and spouse. However, the letter did not indicate that I can apply for my work permit now. Can I just apply for the work permit or should I wait for another letter?

Please give accurate information, I am looking forward to this for a long time now. Thanks

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
What does your letter say?

My first stage letter mentions it in the third paragraph down:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident.....

You may now apply for an open work permint..."

Lavenderyyt

Mar 29, 2011
Thank you. My letter said I have meet the eligibility to apply for the pr under spouse in Canada Class. However, the final decision has....

It did not mention about any open work permit. I called the call centre today and they sent me the application form for applying for the open work permit. This is the first time I got a really nice and sure anwser from them. :)

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on your sponsor approval letter, you can be eligible apply for work permit
if only your application was file in-land. If your application was file out-land, then
you may not be eligible for work permit so it will be a waste of time and money.
But, you can still apply for a work permit if you have a positive LMO from an employer
who is ready to hire you. Goodluck!!