+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hope for International Students

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
mead said:
absolutely true and hence EE should consider NOC or profession in its points system. cook get its but a nurse cannot get one seems wrong . and also there r agents who r now charging to arrange for employment and LMIA for a fee. EE has left too many doors open for fraud
Why don't you report such agency? It's illegal for employee to pay for LMIA.

randomly

Oct 2, 2015
Alexios07 said:
A typical international undergraduate with a bachelor degree, and clb level 8 or 9, with one-year working experience will only have a CRS score ranging from 415 ~ 435. How can (s)he competes with foreign candidates who can earn Two or more degrees / certificates (easier and cheaper)? Not to mention that those students MUST find a job within the first year of their PGWP, in order to have a chance to get 2 year experiences, and one year left for all the paperwork and waiting.
Welcome to my life. I'm on a PGWP with a Canadian degree in civil eng., English scores of 12 across the board, two years of work experience and wound up with a score of 447. After doing some digging, I realized I made a small mistake and have now updated my score to 469 (after the last draw unfortunately). However, the cost to international students is outrageous yet we've literally paid our due and are given no prominence. Just as a bonus gripe, they don't even give me points for the 4 (coming up on 5) years of paid Canadian taxes to our lovely CRA. Good luck to you all, but inland graduated international students are really screwed with EE. But as all immigrants do, we suck it up and keep on truckin'! Good luck to everyone, from any background - we all deserve the chance at a better life.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a great win for all immigrants! You can see the full liberal immigration platform <a href="https://www.liberal.ca/files/2015/09/A-new-plan-for-Canadian-immigration-and-economic-opportunity.pdf">here</a>. Basically, there's changes coming to family sponsorship mostly. Canadian Experience Class applications will definitely improve. Everything else should stay the same. They are also gonna give CRS points for canadian siblings apparently.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
randomly said:
Welcome to my life. I'm on a PGWP with a Canadian degree in civil eng., English scores of 12 across the board, two years of work experience and wound up with a score of 447. After doing some digging, I realized I made a small mistake and have now updated my score to 469 (after the last draw unfortunately). However, the cost to international students is outrageous yet we've literally paid our due and are given no prominence. Just as a bonus gripe, they don't even give me points for the 4 (coming up on 5) years of paid Canadian taxes to our lovely CRA. Good luck to you all, but inland graduated international students are really screwed with EE. But as all immigrants do, we suck it up and keep on truckin'! Good luck to everyone, from any background - we all deserve the chance at a better life.
You don't get points for paying taxes because Canadian Citizenship is not for sale.

It seems odd for someone to complain that EE discriminates against students, yet they have 469 points as a student.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mead said:
ur crazy if u think there r canadians who dont get tim hortons jobs.
They hire TFWs.

I havent seen any canadian out of college/university not getting a job unless they r not is STEM filed or not in accounting or such. a few unemployed canadians with arts degree may be there. SO what i am trying to say is there r no canadians who want tim hortons jobs.
It's not that simple. TFWs are often willing to work for cheaper than Citizens are. I was one of them.

My Canadian employer offered a $85,000 salary. To hire someone with my skills in the states would cost CAD $150,000 plus. He didn't have the money, and was paying in the top 90% of wages, and couldn't afford that, but if he could, he would have been able to hire someone.

Tim Hortons is not the same situation.

I say this because I just saw it. the tim hortons near us is struggling to find employees as all the students have gone back to school and now they r giving extra hours to those TW's . it looks good on paper to say those jobs would go to canadians but fact is canadians dont want/need those jobs. SO the other alternative would be for tim to close down which will deprive ur canadians of their much needed coffee. even with 7% unemployment canada needs TW's.
No. The alternative is for Tim's to raise wages enough to actually hire someone.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
They hire TFWs.
no they hire TFWs because they dont get canadians to do minimal jobs

It's not that simple. TFWs are often willing to work for cheaper than Citizens are. I was one of them.

My Canadian employer offered a $85,000 salary. To hire someone with my skills in the states would cost CAD $150,000 plus. He didn't have the money, and was paying in the top 90% of wages, and couldn't afford that, but if he could, he would have been able to hire someone.
well shortage is driving higher pays. Lack of skill is driving higher salaries and which is a cost that the customers have to pay. so the product cost goes up it makes employer less competitive to an extent. Again there is a small part where employers can exploit this but there should be a balance. So dont just blame TFW's u can also blame canadians for lower population and less skills.

Tim Hortons is not the same situation.

No. The alternative is for Tim's to raise wages enough to actually hire someone.
the increase in pay at tim's will be added cost to the coffee and there is no guarantee that canadians will still want those jobs. so coffee will go from $2 not to $4 so that employer could afford it. Higher minimum pay would kill some of the small businesses. if u go to northen canada remote parts of nunavut there is need for everything and the cost of milk is $15 for what we get here for $4 or less. supply chain needs people.
Only people I see who apply are either students or older canadians.

memoff2

Nov 10, 2013
Alexios07 said:
True. Although I do hope for a Liberals win, but I don't think they are going to do anything major about the current EE, except changing a few rules. Maybe add more points to Canadian degree and working experience.
That would be good enough. Also I hope they could correct that people with spouse lose scores. It does not make sense to ask spouse to have at least one year Canadian work experience to add points. I think the EE system should creat more items for points, like you mentioned, distinguish Canadian degree and foreign country degree.

nez18

Apr 1, 2015
randomly said:
Hi,

Could you please mention what changes you made on your EE profile which caused your points to go up to 469. Thanks!

randomly

Oct 2, 2015
I had realized that I entered in years of education as two instead of four. It was my clerical error and nothing more.