+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
wtf. we got them books the day we married. what do you.mean register? in the books are.photos and numbers

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
we went in this building took about five minutes theyvgave us red books with photos, we each got a book and then left

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
it asks for marriage license ministry of civil affairs people republic of china? what is this? is the the red books

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
did you.translate them and notarize or.just send in
Note, I do not know practice in China, but they should be CERTIFIED translations. How this is done and what is required varies by country (some countries use notary stamp after). Main thing I believe is stamp/official letterhead or similar and letter saying something like "I certify this is a true translation of document X" date signature position etc.. In most countries there will be some typical process used, like certified translator, qualificaiton, etc.

Most of eg former soviet union / many ex-Warsaw pact typical process includes notary but don't know about China.

leitian

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Note, I do not know practice in China, but they should be CERTIFIED translations. How this is done and what is required varies by country (some countries use notary stamp after). Main thing I believe is stamp/official letterhead or similar and letter saying something like "I certify this is a true translation of document X" date signature position etc.. In most countries there will be some typical process used, like certified translator, qualificaiton, etc.

Most of eg former soviet union / many ex-Warsaw pact typical process includes notary but don't know about China.
The same thing, when the company help you to transalte to English, they will stamp it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The same thing, when the company help you to transalte to English, they will stamp it.
Yeah, every civil law country I'm aware of has a standard system - you just need to specify that you need an 'official translation' - and they'll often just ask "for the Embassy?" and they'll do the necessary, work with notary if that's required. (I think Chinese legal system is basically a civil law-type but don't know).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
OK thats.what i.did with her police check.and bank records before. translated.and notarized
Again if you just tell them 'for the embassy' they'll probably know the required format. As long as you're at an official translator bureau or whatever they're called.