+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
it asks for marriage license ministry of civil affairs people republic of china? what is this? is the the red books
Marriage license is different from marriage certificate. Most people don't know and think they are the same thing. But, strictly speaking, marriage license is a document you obtain from government before your actual marriage takes place. It is a license to get married. E.g., in Ontario, you have to get a marriage license first, and then schedule an appointment to get city staff for your marriage ceremony, and after the ceremony, they will issue you a marriage certificate. The marriage certificate is the "red book" (as in China)

In China, there is no such practice of application of marriage license. So you must get the wrong question or interpreted it wrong. If you did not get your marriage certificate ("red book") translated and certified, you need to do so.

Last edited:

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Its all a game to them run, run. Because when filling out the application I was told no red books allowed. Specifically told the marriage license for foreigners in China. I now understand the run around. After I submit this it will just be more adr. Anyways I did what they asked and more. Next step no more chasing and running for them. Will let application just go nule and void if adr. Do not care.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Its all a game to them run, run. Because when filling out the application I was told no red books allowed. Specifically told the marriage license for foreigners in China. I now understand the run around. After I submit this it will just be more adr. Anyways I did what they asked and more. Next step no more chasing and running for them. Will let application just go nule and void if adr. Do not care.
IMM 5533 Part B
Someone told you the wrong information. Now you have a chance to fix the mistake!
Marriage certificate from mainland are the " Red Books ".

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Litterally at the notary again now. Translating the red book. The issue I have is this intent to immigrate. Mountain man if and when you got adr did you use webform to upload documents? Also how do we know when they receive them?

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Litterally at the notary again now. Translating the red book. The issue I have is this intent to immigrate. Mountain man if and when you got adr did you use webform to upload documents? Also how do we know when they receive them?
We used FedEx and Webform.
-FedEx with tracking no. and signature required.
-Webform showed documents sent and they responded with a reply. (Be careful with the file size).

If they ask for additional documents IRCC will give you instructions.

Reactions: armoured

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
they did but ongckeys only says passport pages uoload and marriage licence upload,no upload or column for intent to immugrate documents

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
This is the last jump. I realize I am becoming a grumpy old man.
I'm sure your nice wife will not allow you to become a " grumpy old man" .
Until you arrive back in Canada.

Question can I upload a document at a time if Ibhave finished it or should all at the same time.
We didn't use GCkey to upload documents. Can't help you with that.
Suggest reading their instructions carefully and/or google is your friend.

Reactions: DiiDii and armoured