+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I just heard from my wife that mainland Chinese people will be able to fly out of Hong Kong. she read this on the news today.
Really? I have checked the official website of Hong Kong government, there is no news about it. Will you share the link with us? If yes, I may be able to have interview in Hong Kong soon.

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I am still really confused about these travel restrictions for family members, because the IRCC posted on there website about travel restrictions again dated June 22 2020 saying this

If we already approved your permanent resident application
Permanent residence applications approved on or before March 18, 2020
If we approved your application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures.

I tried to reach out to webform but no response back for like a week, I am wondering if spouse and child are exempt to travel if they got there COPR after March 18 2020 I would hate to my wife be turned around after she arrives at the airport, I wish they would respond back to have a clear answer.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
why a
I am still really confused about these travel restrictions for family members, because the IRCC posted on there website about travel restrictions again dated June 22 2020 saying this

If we approved your application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures.

I tried to reach out to webform but no response back for like a week, I am wondering if spouse and child are exempt to travel if they got there COPR after March 18 2020 I would hate to my wife be turned around after she arrives at the airport, I wish they would respond back to have a clear answer.
Why are you so determined to get yourself confused? You don't need to contact anyone, CBSA posted new policy and I know immediate family members were landing and visiting just last week without any problem.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

Wow, really big letters...... Just imagine if you've been waiting patiently for as long as ryester, jerry, and others.
I don't think your family would be turned around at the airport unless something was really not right. Also I wouldn't
expect IRCC to respond to your requests quickly through webform. Everything is backlogged and they are prioritizing
their workload on other issues.......Seems family sponsorship is not at the top of their list.
No clear answers until all the dust settles.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China

Hi, one of applicants in Chinese group noticed us that she has successful landed in Canada today. She got the COPR after March 18, 2020. Hopefully it could give you some confidence.

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Thank you so much for sharing this, it really lifts my spirit and gives me alot of confidence, I truly just felt so much uncertainty with how Covid-19 effected so many peoples application process and landings, I guess I read a lot of stories about family members not being able to unite, it started to get me over think things, I really appreciate your uplifting message, and I plan to bring my family to Canada in July. Thank you again for sharing. :)

Reactions: jerry22880

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hong Kong government extends the 14 days quarantine regulations again until August 7. It will be five months just waiting for the interview. And there is 50 days left in one-year application estimated process time. Waiting, waiting and more waiting...

ericeric

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hong Kong government extends the 14 days quarantine regulations again until August 7. It will be five months just waiting for the interview. And there is 50 days left in one-year application estimated process time. Waiting, waiting and more waiting...
Where did you see the news?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
One-year mark is only statistics, it is not guaranteed. It took 14 months to complete our application. The longest part is background check, which took over 7 months

Last edited:

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
One-year mark is only statistics, it is not guaranteed. It took 14 months to complete our application. The longest part is background check, which took over 7 months
They have made background check to me, because I applied for study permit in April this year even though they gave me a refused result, I saw the background check portion has been completed. I understand one-year is estimated time, but the website also said if your application process is not over a year, they have the right to ignore your inquiry. So after one year expired, we may be able to inquiry the process frequently.

BTW, how's your flight booking?