+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hello all, quick question, do you guys think that prices will drop in the months of July and August for airline tickets, I see for two adults from China to Vancouver around $6500.00 I know they have lower prices but that would mean you must transfer through US don't want to do that, any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
I wouldn't consider that.
Safest thing is wait/find a direct flight.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Well that flight is directly from Beijing to Vancouver, board in Beijing and fly directly to Vancouver, no transit through US or any other country or cities in China, but the price is high for two adults $6500.00
The price is high but if you can afford it then no problem. Otherwise hope for a better deal and spend all your time searching.
Just my opinion. -Should be very cautious regarding possible flight restrictions/cancellations due to new virus issues around Beijing.
Who knows what will happen there? When I was younger, loved adventure and there were always some risks. Things are different now.
Are you feeling lucky?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hello all, quick question, do you guys think that prices will drop in the months of July and August for airline tickets, I see for two adults from China to Vancouver around $6500.00 I know they have lower prices but that would mean you must transfer through US don't want to do that, any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
it is not too bad that 2 tickets for $6500. The ticket I check from Hainan Airline is about $5100 one way from Beijing to Toronto. Your families will most likely NOT be able to transfer through US because they need transit visa to enter USA.

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I noticed that in my GCKey account when checking my account, where it shows all the steps you go through like, interview, background check, eligibility, health check and so on, it no longer visible, it just shows

Application status is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

we already went through passport request, we have COPR we just need to land. why would we not be able to see this information any more any ideas? actually I don't even know how long it's been like that, just login to GCKey for something to do. should I be concerned? we are planning to make landing soon, I wonder if I should contact IRCC.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I noticed that in my GCKey account when checking my account, where it shows all the steps you go through like, interview, background check, eligibility, health check and so on, it no longer visible, it just shows

Application status is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

we already went through passport request, we have COPR we just need to land. why would we not be able to see this information any more any ideas? actually I don't even know how long it's been like that, just login to GCKey for something to do. should I be concerned? we are planning to make landing soon, I wonder if I should contact IRCC.
Don't worry about it. You already have the COPR.
Our GCkey account was not updated and didn't reflect the current result.
If you're able to book a flight to Vancouver, make sure you have 14 day quarantine plans before you arrive.

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Don't worry about it. You already have the COPR.
Our GCkey account was not updated and didn't reflect the current result.
If you're able to book a flight to Vancouver, make sure you have 14 day quarantine plans before you arrive.
should we write out the 14 day plan and give to the immigration officer at the port of entry, just tell home our plan?

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Just got bulletin2 and 3

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I think they are not meaningful at all. You have received passport request, and you will reunite with your husband soon. I'm still in the queue of waiting for the interview with indefinite date.
I am sorry to hear that . But for my case they did the decision too late . Bcz I will have to give birth in mongolia . I am afraid if I fly now I might give birth on the way or while I am in quarantine so ... then when I give birth here I will have to apply for babies documents etc it’s gonna take a while for us to reunite . I hope you are gonna hear some good news soon ...

Reactions: jerry22880

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I am sorry to hear that . But for my case they did the decision too late . Bcz I will have to give birth in mongolia . I am afraid if I fly now I might give birth on the way or while I am in quarantine so ... then when I give birth here I will have to apply for babies documents etc it’s gonna take a while for us to reunite . I hope you are gonna hear some good news soon ...
Thank you for your encouragement. The consideration of safety should be in priority. The application of your baby will be easier than yours. Probably when you are in Canada, I'm still in the queue of interview. Hehe...

Reactions: dashka

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Per the new border arrangement announced on the 8th of June, immediate family members of Canadian citizens should be able to enter Canada on a TRV if they stay more than 15 days. But when I called Xiamen Airline, they said I won't be able to board the flight to Canada as of yet.

Any suggestion? Anyone in the same situation?
I was wondering if you talked with Xiamen Airlines about being able to board, have they updated there policy yet?