Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
China Southern: Guangzhou -> Vancouver
China Eastern: Shanghai ->Vancouver
Xiamen Airline: Xiamen -> Vancouver
SiChuan Airline: Chengdu -> Vancouver
Hainan Airline: Beijing -> Toronto
Air China: Beijing ->Vancouver
Thanks I will looks at these airlines, do our family members authentication leter from IRCC to enter Canada to be able to land?

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Why Chinese government will allow AC to fly China soon ? (with all this Chinese airline making high profit with this Chinese restriction and not the same restriction from Canadian government again Chinese airline...).

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Per the new border arrangement announced on the 8th of June, immediate family members of Canadian citizens should be able to enter Canada on a TRV if they stay more than 15 days. But when I called Xiamen Airline, they said I won't be able to board the flight to Canada as of yet.

Any suggestion? Anyone in the same situation?

Last edited:

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Why Chinese government will allow AC to fly China soon ? (with all this Chinese airline making high profit with this Chinese restriction and not the same restriction from Canadian government again Chinese airline...).
Because Air Canada stoped the flights from/to China when there was serious outbreak of coronavirus in China. Other Chinese airlines consistent to operate the flights from/to between Canada and China. Air Canada gave up the rights before, and they wanna recover as before. So... is it fair?
It takes time to recover, just a bit slow. China has several local confirmed cases again. Just be patient.

Last edited:

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Per the new border arrangement announced on the 8th of June, immediate family members of Canadian citizens should be able to enter Canada on a TRV if they stay more than 15 days. But when I called Xiamen Airline, they said I won't be able to as of yet.

What does this mean? Xiamen Airline, they said I won't be able to as of yet? meaning that government policy has not been finalized yet or something?

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
What does this mean? Xiamen Airline, they said I won't be able to as of yet? meaning that government policy has not been finalized yet or something?
I'm not sure. But It's possible that the new change in policies has not been relayed to airlines yet. I'm going to call them after a week to see if it changes.

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hello All, in the light all that is going on in the world and in the past 6 month's with COVID-19, we all have love ones we want to unite with, that being a spouse, parents or some family members come from mainland China, their is so much confusing of what is going on, we should try to work together collectively in gathering acute information and posting it for each other, I think this could help everyone out,

for example air Canada posting flights out of China that just get cancelled days later and then when you call them they say we can change your flight or give you voucher, where air Canada could just be upfront and say we are working with Canada and Chinese government aviation authorities to get flights back up and running, please hold off and don't book your flight just yet, who wants find out there flights are cancelled or to only have option to change there flights or get a voucher, when a refund would be much more appreciated we could use that money on a different airline or something else, we must be smarter, so maybe we can post acute information that is relevant to getting our loved one into Canada safely, faster and more efficiently from mainland China, we can post links, comments, suggestions, maybe things like for example,
1. travel restrictions that have been lifted for family members.
2. Airlines that will fly in to our hub cities of Canada, best possible routes.
3. correct travel documents we need to make smooth landing into Canada, like COPR, family documents we need.
4. Maybe even after someone lands successfully, they can give their experience at the port of entry how things went with immigration officers, it's a different experience now in the light of COVID-19

I know we can all search this information by ourselves and find good results, I personally find it very stressful now, I remember in December finding flight was like picking Cherry's from a tree, now it's like there is flights but stepulations, look at mainlanders and Hong Kong the restrictions on them or cathay Pacific policy, these airlines want our money but don't deliver. I am just a suggestion this because it could help each other out, sometimes even the smartest people miss the important points, by then they lost time and money.

Reactions: jerry22880

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Per the new border arrangement announced on the 8th of June, immediate family members of Canadian citizens should be able to enter Canada on a TRV if they stay more than 15 days. But when I called Xiamen Airline, they said I won't be able to board the flight to Canada as of yet.

I don't think Xiamen Airline knows the new policy yet. You should tell them this new policy. When I talk to Air Canada, the staff knows everything about travel restriction.

Reactions: mlei9569

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Because Air Canada stoped the flights from/to China when there was serious outbreak of coronavirus in China. Other Chinese airlines consistent to operate the flights from/to between Canada and China. Air Canada gave up the rights before, and they wanna recover as before. So... is it fair?
It takes time to recover, just a bit slow. China has several local confirmed cases again. Just be patient.
Heard there were 45 new cases in Beijing. That may slow things down a bit?

Air Canada has had some issues with their online booking system and many adjustments are taking place as
flights are being cancelled and rescheduled. When AC gets the approval you are going to see a big rush, So
book early for a cheaper flight and see what happens. Otherwise you can pay a premium with the Chinese airlines.
New temperature guidelines are being put in place before flights....... A little late don't you think?

Reactions: jerry22880

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hello All, in the light all that is going on in the world and in the past 6 month's with COVID-19, we all have love ones we want to unite with, that being a spouse, parents or some family members come from mainland China, their is so much confusing of what is going on, we should try to work together collectively in gathering acute information and posting it for each other, I think this could help everyone out,

for example air Canada posting flights out of China that just get cancelled days later and then when you call them they say we can change your flight or give you voucher, where air Canada could just be upfront and say we are working with Canada and Chinese government aviation authorities to get flights back up and running, please hold off and don't book your flight just yet, who wants find out there flights are cancelled or to only have option to change there flights or get a voucher, when a refund would be much more appreciated we could use that money on a different airline or something else, we must be smarter, so maybe we can post acute information that is relevant to getting our loved one into Canada safely, faster and more efficiently from mainland China, we can post links, comments, suggestions, maybe things like for example,
1. travel restrictions that have been lifted for family members.
2. Airlines that will fly in to our hub cities of Canada, best possible routes.
3. correct travel documents we need to make smooth landing into Canada, like COPR, family documents we need.
4. Maybe even after someone lands successfully, they can give their experience at the port of entry how things went with immigration officers, it's a different experience now in the light of COVID-19

I know we can all search this information by ourselves and find good results, I personally find it very stressful now, I remember in December finding flight was like picking Cherry's from a tree, now it's like there is flights but stepulations, look at mainlanders and Hong Kong the restrictions on them or cathay Pacific policy, these airlines want our money but don't deliver. I am just a suggestion this because it could help each other out, sometimes even the smartest people miss the important points, by then they lost time and money.
Everything is messed up now and it's going to take time for things settle down.
Hopefully the cherries will be ripe soon !

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hello all, quick question, do you guys think that prices will drop in the months of July and August for airline tickets, I see for two adults from China to Vancouver around $6500.00 I know they have lower prices but that would mean you must transfer through US don't want to do that, any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks