+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Tinababy

Jul 25, 2019
Good news!
My husband got PPR email from HK VO yesterday, and we sent his passport out right after. However his GCKey account is still remaining the same status, I guess it'll change once we get the passport back. The whole process took 1 year and 9 days.
Hope everybody will have good news soon :)

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Good news!
My husband got PPR email from HK VO yesterday, and we sent his passport out right after. However his GCKey account is still remaining the same status, I guess it'll change once we get the passport back. The whole process took 1 year and 9 days.
Hope everybody will have good news soon :)
Congratulations! Do you mind to share your timeline with us?

How long did you receive pre-arrival letter after Bulletin 1?

Thank you

Tinababy

Jul 25, 2019
Congratulations! Do you mind to share your timeline with us?

How long did you receive pre-arrival letter after Bulletin 1?

Thank you
Thanks, here is our timeline:

Quebec Outland Spousal Sponsorship
  • App Received (Sydney): Dec 31, 2018
  • AOR1: Feb 22
  • Sponsor Approval: March 13
  • Quebec CSQ Applied: March 23
  • AOR2: March 28
  • Medical Request: March 29
  • Bulletin 1: May 1
  • Quebec CSQ Received: May 2
  • CSQ Request and uploaded online: May 28
  • Bio Request: June 5
  • Bio Completed: June 20
  • Pre-arrival: July 9
  • Medical Passed: July 23
  • Bulletin 2: August 28
  • Passport Request and sent: Jan 9, 2020
  • Waiting for Passport and CoPR…

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
Update! Pre-arrival Jan 11

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14
online tool says "Started processing on Aug 19"
Oct 31 Bulletin 1? I think?
Nov 27 Request for more docs (proof of intent to live in Canada)
Jan 11 Pre-arrival letter

I’m not sure if the pre-arrival is related to the request for docs. Does it mean our docs were approved? We uploaded in mid Dec.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14

I’m not sure if the pre-arrival is related to the request for docs. Does it mean our docs were approved? We uploaded in mid Dec.
Congratulations!

Reactions: salmonarm

dayanaraquin18

Sep 3, 2019
Colombia
Visa Office......
VO Bogotá

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14

Means that PA passed eligibility! A big Congratulations to you and your partner :)

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
I got Pre Arrival Dec 17 and have been waiting anxiously for DM but it hasn't come yet. However, we got this today directly to our email:

Access services that other newcomers have found useful / Accès à des services que d’autres nouveaux arrivants ont trouvé utiles

Did you know that services for newcomers are available to you right now?
You don’t have to wait until you’re in Canada to access our services for newcomers.

There are many things to do when moving to a new country. It can help to have someone to answer your questions before you even arrive. If you are outside Canada, services are available at no cost to you and can offer that support. For example, they can help you

• prepare for your move to Canada
• get your education, work experience and credentials recognized in Canada
• connect you with employers to find a job
• connect with other free services after you arrive in Canada

What is this and what does this mean? We still haven't got bulletin 2 and our GCKey background check section still says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

Will they actually say when they start the check? If the Pre Arrival meant our relationship was approved then background check would be the only step left.

Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I got Pre Arrival Dec 17 and have been waiting anxiously for DM but it hasn't come yet. However, we got this today directly to our email:

Access services that other newcomers have found useful / Accès à des services que d’autres nouveaux arrivants ont trouvé utiles

You don’t have to wait until you’re in Canada to access our services for newcomers.

There are many things to do when moving to a new country. It can help to have someone to answer your questions before you even arrive. If you are outside Canada, services are available at no cost to you and can offer that support. For example, they can help you

What is this and what does this mean? We still haven't got bulletin 2 and our GCKey background check section still says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

Will they actually say when they start the check? If the Pre Arrival meant our relationship was approved then background check would be the only step left.

I think they are still processing the background check section. Did you click on the links in the pre-arrival letter and try to use their services?

You may search in the forum. As I remember, some applicants discussed whether they need to click on the links and whether any impact occurs if not.

Hopefully other applicants who had similar experiences will give you some advice.

CDRom

Jan 11, 2020

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to HK Aug 14

Hello! We have just received the same request "proof of intent to live in Canada". It's a procedural fairness, correct? Do you mind sharing with me what information you have provided? I am currently working on providing proof of residential, bills, statements. Also a letter explaining all. However, I cannot find the area to upload this information on CIC. Did you come across the same problem? Thank you!

dayanaraquin18

Sep 3, 2019
Colombia
Visa Office......
VO Bogotá

That is not the pre arrival letter.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

Yes, they will tell you when your background check is started. It will be something like "We started your background check and we will let you know if we need more information from you..."

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hello! We have just received the same request "proof of intent to live in Canada". It's a procedural fairness, correct? Do you mind sharing with me what information you have provided? I am currently working on providing proof of residential, bills, statements. Also a letter explaining all. However, I cannot find the area to upload this information on CIC. Did you come across the same problem? Thank you!
No, that is not procedural fairness which would be one step before fully denial. This is just to ask you provide intent that an abroad Canadian citizen who sponsors his/her spouse for Canadian PR to prove that they both would return to Canada to live if PR is approved for spouse.

tttolo

Nov 25, 2019
Does anyone know what the usual steps are after the background check?

My timeline:
AOR Sydney - Nov 8, 2019
SA - Nov 25, 2019
Biometric done - Nov 26, 2019
AOR CPC-M - Dec 4, 2019
Medical passed - Dec 7, 2019
Police certificate request - Dec 15, 2019
Submitted HK CNCC - Dec 30, 2019

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Does anyone know what the usual steps are after the background check?

My timeline:
AOR Sydney - Nov 8, 2019
SA - Nov 25, 2019
Biometric done - Nov 26, 2019
AOR CPC-M - Dec 4, 2019
Medical passed - Dec 7, 2019
Police certificate request - Dec 15, 2019
Submitted HK CNCC - Dec 30, 2019

-Decision made
-PPR
-Book flights
:D