+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
There is nothing anyone can do at this point. Not me, not MP, not IRCC. In this situation, if I constantly call or inquire about the progress, it is purely adding overhead and getting frustrated without result. The SS time is from 9-18 months, so the only thing I can do is to wait.I probably will ask MP to check again in Feb next year, which would be 9 months after SS started.
Best of luck and probably Medical need to be re-done by the time SS is over.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Yes, I did. The bolded highlight text message above the full timeline,
Your application is taking longer than usual for us to process.
Wow,
It was nice of them to keep you updated :rolleyes:
Unfortunately you may have expected that so back to the waiting game.
Not much you can do but I would contact your MP just to see what they can find out.
Why not plan a trip for Spring Festival?

kalegale

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
where did you send your Passport? if VFS/Local VO then the best is to contact them to track the progress and get estimated time.

Here is the tracker from what people reported how their timeline for COPR and Passport Counter Foil.
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker

if you send it to CPC Ottawa, then you timeline will be similar to mine. I confirmed with Call center agent that CPC Ottawa for Passport 1 time TRV Counter Foil and COPR processing time is 3 weeks. Including Canada Post shipping time it should be within 4 weeks.

I send Passport and other documents along with PPR letter to CPC Ottawa via Canada Post on December 4th and it got delivered to SCI(which is the 3rd party vendor who manage CPC Ottawa's mail sorting and Scanning) on Dec 6th. According to the tracker most people got it processed within 14 days. and return Xpresspost tracker is activated on the 17-20th day from passport delivery. so if you send to CPC Ottawa it really depends on when they received it.

if they received it on the 2nd or 3rd then most likely you wont have it done until end of the year.
the process below:
1. SCI receive the mail and sort it to different department for CPC Ottawa
2. if documents is completed they will scan everything and upload to the system. and Send Passport and photos to printing Facility.
3. an VO in CPC Ottawa will pick up the file and verify completeness or if need anything , if they need anything from you they will try to contact you via email
4. once everything checks out, the VO will mark it as complete and mark the passport ready for counterfoil and you passport will be printed with a 1 time TRV for landing, mean while COPR letter will be produced
5. once passport print is completed and COPR letter produced VO will mark the application is approved.
6. once application approved your GCKey account will show the spousal sponsorship as approved( this is normally taking 10-20 days according to later trend)
7. once approved, they will try to have a different team to package everything in to the Xpresspost envelope(Passport, Cover letter, official COPR with one of the PR photo affix to it and a duplicated copy of COPR letter) and send it back to the sender. this normally happens 3-5 days after GCKey application approval.
8. the rest is depending on Canada Post.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you so much, this is a realistic explanation. I really appreciate it. I will keep checking on you to see how soon you got yours back

Mglhunter

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi guys we have received AOR 2 letter from HK which is also asking for the same documents we already submitted. For the sake of it, i am going to send documents which i have ready an say rest already been sent. In the letter it says you can mail or courier documents and an address is provided. Same time can you use web form to send documents? Can you please share your experience.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi guys we have received AOR 2 letter from HK which is also asking for the same documents we already submitted. For the sake of it, i am going to send documents which i have ready an say rest already been sent. In the letter it says you can mail or courier documents and an address is provided. Same time can you use web form to send documents? Can you please share your experience.
If there is no update needed for those documents, don't bother to send because it is routine for them to ask. If there is update, use courier and update as well to be safe.

Mglhunter

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
If there is no update needed for those documents, don't bother to send because it is routine for them to ask. If there is update, use courier and update as well to be safe.
Thanks man, we updated shedule A and family forms since there was no "if

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I think the productivity of Hong Kong visa office is the lowest among all the local visa office.

It seems no one has any news or updates from them since Dec 4.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I think the productivity of Hong Kong visa office is the lowest among all the local visa office.

It seems no one has any news or updates from them since Dec 4.
I would think they are on vacation this time of year.
The consulate office is probably just left with a ' skeleton staff ' until the new year.
Government employees have many benefits...Maybe they get free turkeys?

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I would think they are on vacation this time of year.
The consulate office is probably just left with a ' skeleton staff ' until the new year.
Government employees have many benefits...Maybe they get free turkeys?
Then I couldn't expect any update until the new year comes. The Spring Festival is at the end of January 2020 as well. In other words, the pace of their will keep up until February. Okay...just be more patient.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Then I couldn't expect any update until the new year comes. The Spring Festival is at the end of January 2020 as well. In other words, the pace of their will keep up until February. Okay...just be more patient.
Be a little careful with expectations especially dealing with immigration.
I don't think they will get time off for Spring Festival because it's not a Canadian statutory holiday.
Think about the other side....Do you want to come here in the middle of winter? Rain, snow, ice, cold, expensive.