timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
I got email back from ATIP saying my GCMS was due on Oct 3 but they are super busy and cannot meet the normal service standard. Now they put my request to "priority" but no promised when I can get the notes.

Basically nothing except they acknowledged that they received my request..:(.
well, that sucks... I thought they were not overwhelmed... we will continue stand with you on this!

Reactions: ryester

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Hi all,

My ECAS changed to decision made 2 days ago. I just have a few quick questions and see if anyone can help me with.

1. My passport is visa-exempted. Does that mean that I won’t receive the PPR and will get the COPR directly?

2. How will they send out the COPR? By post or by email? It will be sent directly to the PA (and I am the PA) or to the rep in Canada?

Thanks in advance for your kind help and frankly, I am quite nervous now.
First, BIG CONGRATS!

Second, there should be an email within one or two weeks following the DM status change. That email details what you need to do in two different scenarios: need a visa and dont need a visa. I remember, if you are visa exempt, you still need to submit a photocopy of your passport with a bunch of other things to the HKVO to get an e-registration. You will still need the COPR because COPR will be the most important document to prove that you are a PR before you get your PR card. but hey, you are at 99% on the progress bar!

Last edited:

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Wife got this email today

”Great News! Your application for Permanent Residence has arrived in Hong Kong. We are really looking forward to working with you on your journey to immigrate to Canada!

It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful. Over the next few months, we’ll send you additional messages while your application is being processed, to provide more information and useful tips about moving to Canada and about life in Canada. There’s a lot to learn and hopefully these links will help you on this exciting path!“

ecas still showing bgc processing

Does this mean DM is coming soon?

cheers

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO

”Great News! Your application for Permanent Residence has arrived in Hong Kong. We are really looking forward to working with you on your journey to immigrate to Canada!

It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful. Over the next few months, we’ll send you additional messages while your application is being processed, to provide more information and useful tips about moving to Canada and about life in Canada. There’s a lot to learn and hopefully these links will help you on this exciting path!“

cheers
That’s one step forward. I think this is an AOR1... ecas is showing BCG processing because it is the status you are in. For when DM will come it is hard to say, could be 2 -3 months or even longer depending on your case’s complexity

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I got email back from ATIP saying my GCMS was due on Oct 3 but they are super busy and cannot meet the normal service standard. Now they put my request to "priority" but no promised when I can get the notes.

Basically nothing except they acknowledged that they received my request..:(.
I am sorry to hear that. I also saw the processing timeline in my GCkey account maintaining 10 months since Sept, and no changes in Oct. I think the officers in Hong Kong are super busy. I couldn't imagine how long I will finish this long journey.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China

cheers
Is it a pre-arrival letter? It seems they are going to give some information to you for living in Canada. Some people said they provide the employment, education etc info in the pre-arrival letter.

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
First, BIG CONGRATS!

Second, there should be an email within one or two weeks following the DM status change. That email details what you need to do in two different scenarios: need a visa and dont need a visa. I remember, if you are visa exempt, you still need to submit a photocopy of your passport with a bunch of other things to the HKVO to get an e-registration. You will still need the COPR because COPR will be the most important document to prove that you are a PR before you get your PR card. but hey, you are at 99% on the progress bar!
Thank you. It’s 9 days since DMed. Just worry why still receive anything, since I saw in this Foren that most people got PPR right after DM. Anyway, if I don’t receive any approval docs in this week, I may wait until April before I will land then.

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
Dont worry my friend. it is gonna come very soon. In our case, it was 3 days after we saw DM on ECAS.
That’s why seems abnormal in my case. 9 days already and still nothing. Don’t know what’s going on.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Thank you. It’s 9 days since DMed. Just worry why still receive anything, since I saw in this Foren that most people got PPR right after DM. Anyway, if I don’t receive any approval docs in this week, I may wait until April before I will land then.
Give it some more time.....Maybe a little slow processing from HK.
April can be very nice depending on what area ( except for Edmonton ). :oops:

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
That’s why seems abnormal in my case. 9 days already and still nothing. Don’t know what’s going on.
Hmm that’s a little bit slow tbh... but it’s not unheard of tho... I have some Indian friends and their sponsors’ PPRs came a month after DM... but eventually it will come. Also, since you had an interview with the HKVO, are you sure it’s positive? We never have an interview but I heard that most people will know the result right away..

Aww don’t do that! You are skipping the good and fun part of living in Canada lol