+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Is it a pre-arrival letter? It seems they are going to give some information to you for living in Canada. Some people said they provide the employment, education etc info in the pre-arrival letter.
Not really sure, she already got aoc in early September. Here’s the full email:

Great News! Your application for Permanent Residence has arrived in Hong Kong. We are really looking forward to working with you on your journey to immigrate to Canada!

It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful. Over the next few months, we’ll send you additional messages while your application is being processed, to provide more information and useful tips about moving to Canada and about life in Canada. There’s a lot to learn and hopefully these links will help you on this exciting path!

Your First 2 weeks in Canada:

About Canadian Culture and Heritage: https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage.html

But, don’t stop here! Do some research on your own and learn all about Canada so when you move you really do feel Welcome Home!

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
Not really sure, she already got aoc in early September. Here’s the full email:

Great News! Your application for Permanent Residence has arrived in Hong Kong. We are really looking forward to working with you on your journey to immigrate to Canada!

It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful. Over the next few months, we’ll send you additional messages while your application is being processed, to provide more information and useful tips about moving to Canada and about life in Canada. There’s a lot to learn and hopefully these links will help you on this exciting path!

Your First 2 weeks in Canada:

About Canadian Culture and Heritage: https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage.html

But, don’t stop here! Do some research on your own and learn all about Canada so when you move you really do feel Welcome Home!
This is Bulletin 1 only. Nothing special.

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
Hmm that’s a little bit slow tbh... but it’s not unheard of tho... I have some Indian friends and their sponsors’ PPRs came a month after DM... but eventually it will come. Also, since you had an interview with the HKVO, are you sure it’s positive? We never have an interview but I heard that most people will know the result right away..

Aww don’t do that! You are skipping the good and fun part of living in Canada lol
I didn't know the result of the interview right away, but I did receive the pre-arrival letter 2 days after. And I assume the interview result is positive then.

ivygreen06

Jul 12, 2019
Document request from hkvo 8.15
Pre arrival letter 10.5
Bulletin 1 10.31
Is it normal that bulletin is after pre ?
Thanks

Sydawei

Jan 3, 2018
A little bit over one month after receiving invitation of pre-arrive service letter.
today, I got bulletin 1 and bulletin 2 almost same time.
Application status also changed to DM.

Last edited:

peggyc

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
6 months gone since my Invitation for Pre-arrivals Preparation Letter. What’s going on???!!! My GOD!

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
A little bit over one month after receiving invitation of pre-arrive service letter.
today, I got bulletin 1 and bulletin 2 almost same time.
Application status also changed to DM.
Congratulation!!!

May I ask what is bulletin 1 and bulletin 2? What's the exact meaning or content of them?

Thank you

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
6 months gone since my Invitation for Pre-arrivals Preparation Letter. What’s going on???!!! My GOD!
You mentioned before they keep extending your timeline so my guess is security BGC.
Who know's how long that can take? Not much you can do except wait.
Then at 12 months I would expect some information.

peggyc

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
You mentioned before they keep extending your timeline so my guess is security BGC.
Who know's how long that can take? Not much you can do except wait.
Then at 12 months I would expect some information.
Thanks. When you said 12 months, do you mean 12 months after the Pre-arrival letter or calculated from the date I did my medical check?

Sydawei

Jan 3, 2018
Congratulation!!!

May I ask what is bulletin 1 and bulletin 2? What's the exact meaning or content of them?

Thank you
B 1just said the case was transferred to Hong Kong.
B 2 is pretty much same as pre arrive invitation letter with prepare check list.