+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
How long does it take to get the GCMS note? I still don't get the note. It well passed IRCC's standard 30 days guidance.

I also called IRCC call center this morning, after some 20 minutes wait, I was told now IRCC call center in Canada is no longer allowed to provide information for applications that are processed in local visa offices. We have to contact HKVO directly.:eek:
Wow,
That's really sketchy to tell you ' no longer allowed to provide information for applicants that are processed in local visa offices '
especially if you are acting as the representative! In our case we contacted the call center in Canada after file transferred...No problem.
Is this a new policy they can make up as they go along ? Or maybe just misinformed call centre agent ?
Wonder if they expect you to contact them directly via webform? It's possible the HK issues are causing some delays.

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Yes, I am the representative and we also filled up information access request form. It is strange, maybe there are more requests than they could handle for the notes..
Hey Ryester, maybe these dont fit you but it doesnt hurt to re-check your position...

1. when you submitted your GCMS notes, did your application have any indication that you are not currently in Canada?
2. I got the idea that you are not the PA in your application. If that's so, did you submit the consent form as well?

The reason that I ask this is because I submitted my GCMS note request on Sept 16., and ATIP sent me an email on Oct 1st asking me to fill in a consent form with the signature of my wife (the PA of my case). This makes me believe that they are not currently overwhelmed with inquiries and might have something to do with your inquiry... I can't be sure but again, doesnt hurt to do a self-check...

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Wow,
That's really sketchy to tell you ' no longer allowed to provide information for applicants that are processed in local visa offices '
especially if you are acting as the representative! In our case we contacted the call center in Canada after file transferred...No problem.
Is this a new policy they can make up as they go along ? Or maybe just misinformed call centre agent ?
Wonder if they expect you to contact them directly via webform? It's possible the HK issues are causing some delays.
If I remember correctly, when I submitted my GCMS note application, I did see a note saying that they are striking to meet the 30-day limit but due to high-volume of inquiry, the limit may be stretched... It was not on any of the ATIP front page or GCMS note website.

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Hi friend,

I appreciate your particular explanation and comfort suggestion.

I have submitted the notarized translation document (household register) the day before yesterday which I'm sure I missed in my application by IRCC web form. And I will also send to their office after I receive their long email next week. I guess their office contact info will be indicated in this long email. Some files do need time to prepare, the earlier I know what I missed, the sooner I can submit to HK office.

Thank you very much! Good luck
No problem! double-check your Canadian Immigration checklist with country-specific requirements as well, just to make sure you dont miss anything else... Sometimes it happens and quite frankly, missing document will delay the process...

BTW, my wife got her PPR on 17 Oct. So, dont lose hope my friends!

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
No problem! double-check your Canadian Immigration checklist with country-specific requirements as well, just to make sure you dont miss anything else... Sometimes it happens and quite frankly, missing document will delay the process...

Wow!!! Congratulations!!! I'm very happy to hearing your good news. You guys good news always encourages me.

Reactions: timothyltl

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
Hi all,

I had an interview at HKVO last week and received the pre-arrival service letter 2 days after. Any of you have any idea around how much longer I have to wait until the DM? Thanks.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
If I remember correctly, when I submitted my GCMS note application, I did see a note saying that they are striking to meet the 30-day limit but due to high-volume of inquiry, the limit may be stretched... It was not on any of the ATIP front page or GCMS note website.
The following is the email reply from ATIP. So 30-calendar days standard is mentioned here.
SERVICE STANDARDS

NEW REQUEST

If your request is complete, it will be processed within 30 calendar days from the date of receipts.

Note: If you are requesting a Physical file that could have originated overseas, note that CIC may experience delays in the receipt of documents. This could result in a delayed response to your request.

Note: If you have submitted you request outside regular business hours, the processing of your request will begin the following business day.

30 calendar days

STATUS INQUIRY

Due to the large volume of requests we process and, to provide the best customer service, we would be grateful you wait until the initial 30 days has expired before making a status request.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey Ryester, maybe these dont fit you but it doesnt hurt to re-check your position...

1. when you submitted your GCMS notes, did your application have any indication that you are not currently in Canada?
2. I got the idea that you are not the PA in your application. If that's so, did you submit the consent form as well?

The reason that I ask this is because I submitted my GCMS note request on Sept 16., and ATIP sent me an email on Oct 1st asking me to fill in a consent form with the signature of my wife (the PA of my case). This makes me believe that they are not currently overwhelmed with inquiries and might have something to do with your inquiry... I can't be sure but again, doesnt hurt to do a self-check...
I always check before I take any actions:p
1. I am the representative
2. I did also submit the consent form (otherwise my request would be rejected)

BTW, did you get your notes yet?

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
The following is the email reply from ATIP. So 30-calendar days standard is mentioned here.
I got this one as well but this is not the one I meant... There was a small note on the GCMS website before I reached to the payment page... But i might be wrong tho... I just vaguely remember there was something like this...

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

Congratulations!

Reactions: timothyltl

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
I always check before I take any actions:p
1. I am the representative
2. I did also submit the consent form (otherwise my request would be rejected)

BTW, did you get your notes yet?
No... I abandoned my inquiry because my case was DM'ed...

Reactions: ryester

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi all,

I had an interview at HKVO last week and received the pre-arrival service letter 2 days after. Any of you have any idea around how much longer I have to wait until the DM? Thanks.
Check my signature, it's been over 6 months after we got Pre-Arrival letter and no DM yet. Good luck to you.