+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Yes, your fear is totally reasonable and it is guaranteed it will happen to someone. But you can absolutely do nothing before it happens to you. You can keep being fearful and anxious it might happen to your application or you can let IRCC worry about this, I am sure they know how to find you if this happens to you.
True. I have an extra copy of the police check notarization booklet, but I don't of the hukou. I could go get one, but then I realized I don't have extra photos and we'd have to go again zzz/ I realized I am just being neurotic and just have confidence in the system. I'm not going to resubmit all of the "if not yet submitted", I don't see how it could just fall of their desk.

Reactions: ryester

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi there, I understand your frustration here but you need to make it clearer here before we can help you with any information...
but before this, I think the following might be useful to you:
1. This is what I found by observing HKVO’s behaviour. They usually send an long email, the one you posted here, to everyone whose file gets transferred to them. This to me serves a kind reminder to us that if we have already known we miss or forget to submit certain vital documents that are listed on the email, now it’s a good time to submit them to the VO. Same goes to the situation where you have updated information on those forms, for example, changes in family members on the additional family information form.

my suggestion is, you submit those forms and documents anyways, even though you know you have already done so, provided that you have additional copies and it’s easy to get everyone sign on the forms.

2. If you know you forget to submit certain documents, contact HKVO and submit the documents via web form. It doesn’t matter if you receive this email reminder or not, missing is missing. They will find it out eventually... they will normally respond to web form inquiry within 20 days..

Hope this help you a little bit my friend :)
Hi friend,

I appreciate your particular explanation and comfort suggestion.

I have submitted the notarized translation document (household register) the day before yesterday which I'm sure I missed in my application by IRCC web form. And I will also send to their office after I receive their long email next week. I guess their office contact info will be indicated in this long email. Some files do need time to prepare, the earlier I know what I missed, the sooner I can submit to HK office.

Thank you very much! Good luck

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey guys, I saw that Decision Made status was updated on the ECAS page two days ago. (I checked that page regularly and therefore, I knew it happened two days ago..) does it mean the process will come to end very soon?? Thanks guys...
Congratulations! you passed endurance test successfully:p

Reactions: timothyltl

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
All of the "If not yet submitted" paperwork and docs I have already submitted and I gave new Schedule A and Additional Fam Info forms, I just wanted to see if people on the discussion suggest resubmitting the "if not yet submitted" items or if there was no need to worry.
We didn't resend " if not yet submitted " thinking they may not like the duplicate paperwork to decipher?
If they requested an updated form then resend it along with any new information. Some country specific
items are time sensitive. Just give them what they want otherwise it could delay your application.
Send it to the address given in the request letter and use a good courier with tracking number.
You don't want important paperwork to get lost. Especially now!

Reactions: jerry22880

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi everyone,

I have a question about interview. I saw other applicants said if the application is transferred to local visa office, it's most likely than not that applicant need to have an interview.

Did you receive an interview request after your application forwarded to HK office before decision made under principal applicant status in ECAS?

Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a question about interview. I saw other applicants said if the application is transferred to local visa office, it's most likely than not that applicant need to have an interview.

Did you receive an interview request after your application forwarded to HK office before decision made under principal applicant status in ECAS?

Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
That is not true. Transferring to local VO does not mean an interview is needed. Relax or worry at your will.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Good to hear that. Thanks again. I prefer to relax.
Haha, me too. But if you think there is something to be concerned in the relationship that might trigger an interview, there are many threads here to discuss the "normal" interview questions. Happy hunting for the information:D

Reactions: jerry22880

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
How long does it take to get the GCMS note? I still don't get the note. It well passed IRCC's standard 30 days guidance.

I also called IRCC call center this morning, after some 20 minutes wait, I was told now IRCC call center in Canada is no longer allowed to provide information for applications that are processed in local visa offices. We have to contact HKVO directly.:eek:

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Maybe your'e not acting as the representative and they are not required to pass on the information?
The notes will give you some idea but not receiving them within 30 days is unusual.
It sure sounds like a lot of sketchy bureaucratic delays for some reason?
There are lots of issues in HK now. Unfortunately, just have to wait see what happens.

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Wondering if anyone has any insight/guess on how long before there's a DM. This is for spousal sponsorship. Also wondering if they will request passport or just send a letter, the applicant is from mainland China but she has a visitor visa for Canada already which was issued over a year ago (haven't been to Canada yet).

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • September 7, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. (We already gave biometrics, which was requested on August 28th 2019)
Background check started Sept 13
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Wondering if anyone has any insight/guess on how long before there's a DM. This is for spousal sponsorship. Also wondering if they will request passport or just send a letter, the applicant is from mainland China but she has a visitor visa for Canada already which was issued over a year ago (haven't been to Canada yet).

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • September 7, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. (We already gave biometrics, which was requested on August 28th 2019)
Background check started Sept 13
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi,

Mine is same as yours showing here besides biometric. Did you receive the email confirmed that your application has been transferred to Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong?

I was wondering how long it takes before DM as well. Lots of applicants in this group are still waiting. Some have been waiting for several months or even a year.

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hi,

Mine is same as yours showing here besides biometric. Did you receive the email confirmed that your application has been transferred to Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong?

I was wondering how long it takes before DM as well. Lots of applicants in this group are still waiting. Some have been waiting for several months or even a year.
Ya, got an email on September 4th saying it was transferred to Hong Kong.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Maybe your'e not acting as the representative and they are not required to pass on the information?
The notes will give you some idea but not receiving them within 30 days is unusual.
It sure sounds like a lot of sketchy bureaucratic delays for some reason?
There are lots of issues in HK now. Unfortunately, just have to wait see what happens.
Yes, I am the representative and we also filled up information access request form. It is strange, maybe there are more requests than they could handle for the notes..