+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
BGC is really case by case. In my case, it took more than 4 months already, and it is still going...In some other cases I see, they took from a few days to more than a year. Good luck.
Thank you for your help.

I saw the background check is processing in GCkey account since the first day I linked my application to it. I feel frustrated that BGC could take several months. I was wondering why it takes a long time to check. The application process is really a patient test.

Fingers crossed for BGC!!!

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
I received the message from HK consulate requesting some docs if not submitted and new copies of others (as everyone receives). I promptly submitted said documents, but I've read a couple people saying some of their docs were misplaced and now I fear some of mine could be also. I attached a note stating that I submitted with other documents to Sydney originally and if any were misplaced to let me know.

Is my fear of them misplacing my documents legitimate?

I could resubmit the notarized hukou but I don't have a second copy of the notarized birth cert and police check.

I'm thankful for any thoughts

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I received the message from HK consulate requesting some docs if not submitted and new copies of others (as everyone receives). I promptly submitted said documents, but I've read a couple people saying some of their docs were misplaced and now I fear some of mine could be also. I attached a note stating that I submitted with other documents to Sydney originally and if any were misplaced to let me know.

I could resubmit the notarized hukou but I don't have a second copy of the notarized birth cert and police check.

Hi,
I just had the notarized translation of my Hukou today. I did ask the translation center whether I'm able to have more copies of the notarized translation of Hukou. They reply to me that I'm allowed to apply for more copies within one year since the date issued.

I think it's same for the notarized translation for birthday certificate and police check.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

Don't waste your time thinking about ' what if ' ?.... That will just make you sick.
IRCC has to deal with lots of paperwork and process, so anything can happen.
Just read the country specific requests carefully and send them what they want.
No fear.

Reactions: jerry22880

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
10 months according to my GCKEY account but who knows when they are going to “extend” it again
My GCKey account started with 12 months estimate and never got extended. I don't really get the idea of this "extending" thing. But it is over 10 months already.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thank you for your help.

I saw the background check is processing in GCkey account since the first day I linked my application to it. I feel frustrated that BGC could take several months. I was wondering why it takes a long time to check. The application process is really a patient test.

Fingers crossed for BGC!!!
I guess they need to interview everyone who knows you to verify that you are what you claimed to be and if those people passed away they would get stuck and so is your application...:p

It is really case by case, so don't be intimidated by some cases are taking from a few months to over a year. Your case may not be this complicated.

Reactions: jerry22880

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

Yes, your fear is totally reasonable and it is guaranteed it will happen to someone. But you can absolutely do nothing before it happens to you. You can keep being fearful and anxious it might happen to your application or you can let IRCC worry about this, I am sure they know how to find you if this happens to you.

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Hey guys, I saw that Decision Made status was updated on the ECAS page two days ago. (I checked that page regularly and therefore, I knew it happened two days ago..) does it mean the process will come to end very soon?? Thanks guys...

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hey guys, I saw that Decision Made status was updated on the ECAS page two days ago. (I checked that page regularly and therefore, I knew it happened two days ago..) does it mean the process will come to end very soon?? Thanks guys...
Hi,

Did you check your GCkey account whether the background check is completed? Your principal applicant's email will receive the passport request soon according other applicants experience.

Do you mind to share your application timeline here?

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Hi everyone,

I have received an email of application forwarded to Hong Kong visa office today. I come here to look for your help. I will appreciate that anyone has received the AOR 2 can share the details of Part One - Document request.

I'm worried about that I did not only just miss the copy of notarized translation of Hukou (people from mainland China need to provide to CIC). I submitted the copy of Hukou without notarized translation version in my application. I didn't realize the notarized translation version needed to accompany with application until I saw other applicant mentioned that the notarized translation needed as well. I'm very worried about that I may also miss some documents needed to submit. With privacy concern, that applicant is not willing to share too much details of Part One - Document request in AOR2. I just wanna check it again with my records whether I also missed other documents. Can anyone share the related details with me here? You can tailor all of your personal private information.

As I know part of content of AOR 2 as follow,

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review.

PART ONE - DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
=>If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People's Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.
Hi there, I understand your frustration here but you need to make it clearer here before we can help you with any information...
but before this, I think the following might be useful to you:
1. This is what I found by observing HKVO’s behaviour. They usually send an long email, the one you posted here, to everyone whose file gets transferred to them. This to me serves a kind reminder to us that if we have already known we miss or forget to submit certain vital documents that are listed on the email, now it’s a good time to submit them to the VO. Same goes to the situation where you have updated information on those forms, for example, changes in family members on the additional family information form.

my suggestion is, you submit those forms and documents anyways, even though you know you have already done so, provided that you have additional copies and it’s easy to get everyone sign on the forms.

2. If you know you forget to submit certain documents, contact HKVO and submit the documents via web form. It doesn’t matter if you receive this email reminder or not, missing is missing. They will find it out eventually... they will normally respond to web form inquiry within 20 days..

Hope this help you a little bit my friend :)

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Hi,

Did you check your GCkey account whether the background check is completed? Your principal applicant's email will receive the passport request soon according other applicants experience.

Do you mind to share your application timeline here?
Nothing’s been updated since then on GCkey page. But yes, I did hear from others that this is usually followed by PPR... but I am not very sure. Thus the question...

Not at all!
3.28 Received
5.07 AOR1
Biometrics Done and passed 6.11
Med passed 6.06
Moved to HKVO 6.07
AOR2 6.20
DM on ECAS 10.15

more detail can be found on my signature banner...

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Nothing’s been updated since then on GCkey page. But yes, I did hear from others that this is usually followed by PPR... but I am not very sure. Thus the question...

Not at all!
3.28 Received
5.07 AOR1
Biometrics Done and passed 6.11
Med passed 6.06
Moved to HKVO 6.07
AOR2 6.20
DM on ECAS 10.15

more detail can be found on my signature banner...
Thank you for your sharing and help. I wish you have passport request soon.

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hi,
I just had the notarized translation of my Hukou today. I did ask the translation center whether I'm able to have more copies of the notarized translation of Hukou. They reply to me that I'm allowed to apply for more copies within one year since the date issued.

I think it's same for the notarized translation for birthday certificate and police check.
Thanks for the info! :)

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Don't waste your time thinking about ' what if ' ?.... That will just make you sick.
IRCC has to deal with lots of paperwork and process, so anything can happen.
Just read the country specific requests carefully and send them what they want.
No fear.
All of the "If not yet submitted" paperwork and docs I have already submitted and I gave new Schedule A and Additional Fam Info forms, I just wanted to see if people on the discussion suggest resubmitting the "if not yet submitted" items or if there was no need to worry.