+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Another week passed with no update...
BGC can take some time especially if it goes to a security check. Hopefully the HK issues are not causing delays.( it shouldn't )?
Since you ordered the notes they will know you are ' out there ' waiting patiently. It won't speed things up but think of it as a cel phone ping.
After you receive them it will give some sense as to whats happening. Probably just waiting to hear back from a third-party vendor.
Everyone has to wait. The HK Consulate is more efficient than others and with our application the check was completed fast due to no history.

I think ' no updates ' would be a good time to be together. Flights are cheap now and it's not too hot.
Have some moon cake.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
BGC can take some time especially if it goes to a security check. Hopefully the HK issues are not causing delays.( it shouldn't )?
Since you ordered the notes they will know you are ' out there ' waiting patiently. It won't speed things up but think of it as a cel phone ping.
After you receive them it will give some sense as to whats happening. Probably just waiting to hear back from a third-party vendor.
Everyone has to wait. The HK Consulate is more efficient than others and with our application the check was completed fast due to no history.

I think ' no updates ' would be a good time to be together. Flights are cheap now and it's not too hot.
Have some moon cake.
Haha, thank you for your upbeat words. Actually, I went back to China in June and had a good time then. Not much we can do at this point but checking the status everyday...

joshc126

Sep 12, 2019
COPR = Confirm of Permanent Resident
2018 Aug, Submit
2018 Oct, Update appliction
2018 Nov, Confirm received
2019 Jan, body check, police certificate
2019 Feb, sponsor approved
2019 Feb, transfer to Hong Kong process
2019 Mar, payment reminder
2019 Mar, Update imm5406 and imm5669
2019 Apr, show evidence of moving to canada
2019 Apr, invite pre-arrival services
2019 May, Bulletin 1
2019 May, Bulletin 2
2019 Jun, COPR

Good Luck.
When got a confrim PR letter. How long need to go Canada land? (time limit)
thanks

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I don't think the upcoming election will have any effect on the current applications.
Though, depending on the results of the election, I would expect some changes next year going forward.
Be patient.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
hey folks,

Anyone knows what is the current processing timeline like? We have not got AOR2 from Hongkong yet. I see from the tracker some will get AOR2 from sent day took about 2-3 weeks. then after that no one has any solid days so kind of hard to see the current trend.

Anyone knows if it will take 4-5 month for processing in Hong Kong?

Our timeline
RD: June 11th
AOR1: July 31st
SA: August 26th
Transfer to Mississauga: August 30th
BR: August 22nd
MR: August 23rd
MP: September 5th,
Biometric done: September 13th
Transfer to Hong Kong: Sepetmber 23rd

It is strange my wife's application was sent to hong kong. We have been living in Canada for almost 1 year now and have been in the states for several years never went back to China. She need free of travel between Canada and US so applied as outland. I was told that since she is already in Canada so her application would be processed domestically. and we found out yesterday it was sent to hong kong office for further processing from Mississauga.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
hey folks,

Anyone knows what is the current processing timeline like? We have not got AOR2 from Hongkong yet. I see from the tracker some will get AOR2 from sent day took about 2-3 weeks. then after that no one has any solid days so kind of hard to see the current trend.

Our timeline

It is strange my wife's application was sent to hong kong. We have been living in Canada for almost 1 year now and have been in the states for several years never went back to China. She need free of travel between Canada and US so applied as outland. I was told that since she is already in Canada so her application would be processed domestically. and we found out yesterday it was sent to hong kong office for further processing from Mississauga.
They just want to make sure the PA's background is clean especially if there has been some travel history.
Like our application that was straightforward we encountered many unexpected ' hurdles/roadblocks ' along the way.
At least you are together ! So, all you can do is wait it out and be prepared.
HK office can process quickly depending on the background check.
You might get lucky.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
hey folks,

Our timeline

some background check may need to be done in China and that is why the case is transferred to HK office. It could take some time.