+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ngan2017

Dec 5, 2017
I knew a lot of HK May/June applicants were still waiting for their DM, most of them got AOR2 in early July or August and nothing updated except interview requests since that. Last 2 weeks a bunch(at least 10 ppl) of March to June HK applicants received interview requests in Jan, that's it, I have not heard any DM yet
Hi Iris, Happy 2018

I am HK April applicant(application received on April 26,17), and I am still waiting for DM. I received Pre-arrival on Nov 02,17. And I received another email bulletin 2: important update about your immigration application on Dec 15,17.

Since my case was handling by a representative ,so I can never link my application online, So I didn't know when exactly my background check was started? But I call the call center in Early December and found out they are now processing the background check.

Until today, I still haven't got DM yet. So should I be worry ? Should I order GCMS note in order to find out more detail about my application?

Thanks

coolw2k

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
i did the same too when I received the email from HKVO on Nov 2. Whats your timeline?
Aug 21th - Application Received
Sep 30th - AOR1
Oct 21th - Eligibility as a Sponsor SA:
Medical Req on Oct 20th and Passed on Oct 27th
Oct 28th - AOR2 - Application transferred to HK VO
Nov 9th - Document Request: Application for Permanent Residence
Nov 10th - Received email with subject "Bulletin 1: Important Information About your Immigration Application.."
Nov 13th - Mailed updated IMM5669 and 5406 documents

iris19950711

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
11-07-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
2-11-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2017
Hi Iris, Happy 2018

I am HK April applicant(application received on April 26,17), and I am still waiting for DM. I received Pre-arrival on Nov 02,17. And I received another email bulletin 2: important update about your immigration application on Dec 15,17.

Since my case was handling by a representative ,so I can never link my application online, So I didn't know when exactly my background check was started? But I call the call center in Early December and found out they are now processing the background check.

Until today, I still haven't got DM yet. So should I be worry ? Should I order GCMS note in order to find out more detail about my application?

Thanks
Happy New Year!!
First of all, it is definitely a good news that they have started your BCG. You are 99% progress to dm now!!! Please do not worry about the BCG time frame, I have heard HK office usually takes longer BCG time than other Visa office this year and it is totally normal for HK applicants, there are several applicants are in the same situation as you right now. All you need is to wait patiently right now and good news will come, if you really worry about it, feel free to order the GCMS note. Just keep in mind, it takes 1 month to receive your GCMS note after you order it, you might get your DM in next several weeks hopefully. At this point, you might not need GCMS notes, since it is already very close to the end of journey. Have a nice day.

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Aug 21th - Application Received
Sep 30th - AOR1
Oct 21th - Eligibility as a Sponsor SA:
Medical Req on Oct 20th and Passed on Oct 27th
Oct 28th - AOR2 - Application transferred to HK VO
Nov 9th - Document Request: Application for Permanent Residence
Nov 10th - Received email with subject "Bulletin 1: Important Information About your Immigration Application.."
Nov 13th - Mailed updated IMM5669 and 5406 documents
I have a very similar timeline as yours.

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
My application was recevied in late April,2017. And we submitted additional document on Early June. SA on end of June.

I have got an email about my pre-arrival service in Early Nov. Until now, online status is still in process.

Since I can never link my application online due to my application is handle by representative. I didn't know when will my Background check be start ?

I have called the call centre(CIC Mississauga) a week ago, and there are voice record message about my application status and one of them said we are processing your background check. ==> is that mean my background check is already started ?
May I know which number you called? I got no update since the case move to HKVO at July06. thanks.

ngan2017

Dec 5, 2017
Happy New Year!!
First of all, it is definitely a good news that they have started your BCG. You are 99% progress to dm now!!! Please do not worry about the BCG time frame, I have heard HK office usually takes longer BCG time than other Visa office this year and it is totally normal for HK applicants, there are several applicants are in the same situation as you right now. All you need is to wait patiently right now and good news will come, if you really worry about it, feel free to order the GCMS note. Just keep in mind, it takes 1 month to receive your GCMS note after you order it, you might get your DM in next several weeks hopefully. At this point, you might not need GCMS notes, since it is already very close to the end of journey. Have a nice day.
Thank you so much for your reply.
And Yes, you are right. I think I should wait and see if I can get my DM before end of January. If not, I will order GCMS note then.
Have a nice day.

Reactions: iris19950711

ginsan

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
May I know which number you called? I got no update since the case move to HKVO at July06. thanks.
Dear Almostmove, any update from your application? Mine also got transferred in mid July and no more update. My BGC not even started as well.