+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ngan2017

Dec 5, 2017
would like to know different between "good new" letter and "pre-arrival" letter. any samples for ref. thks!
"Good new" letter is letter that I received after the case was transferred to HK and it said Great News! Your application for permanent residence has arrived in Hong Kong.Wr are really looking forward to working with you on your journey to immigrate to Canada,

"Pre-arrival" letteris the letter that I received in Early November and it said We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.

Eusufzai

Oct 30, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
24-07-2015
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Hello,
Today I linked my application (MPNP) [paper based] to GCKey based online account. I found that there are several steps such as:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results :You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents :The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview :You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check :We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision :Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

However, from GCMS notes It was stated that, eligibility passed, medical passed, criminality passed. I just wonder why in GCkey its showing eligibility is under review. Anybody could shed some light. How long should I have to wait. My medical is already expired.

Thanks and regards,

Eusufzai

iris19950711

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
11-07-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
2-11-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2017
Hello,
Today I linked my application (MPNP) [paper based] to GCKey based online account. I found that there are several steps such as:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results :You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents :The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview :You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check :We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision :Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

However, from GCMS notes It was stated that, eligibility passed, medical passed, criminality passed. I just wonder why in GCkey its showing eligibility is under review. Anybody could shed some light. How long should I have to wait. My medical is already expired.

Thanks and regards,

Eusufzai
Hello, please do not worry about it. I got PPR last month, and the eligibility still shows "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" on my GCKEY, and final decision still shows "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made". This is totally normal, they will change everything to "approved" after COPR, not even PPR.

Kaenicolas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
"Good new" letter is letter that I received after the case was transferred to HK and it said Great News! Your application for permanent residence has arrived in Hong Kong.Wr are really looking forward to working with you on your journey to immigrate to Canada,

"Pre-arrival" letteris the letter that I received in Early November and it said We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
How many months did the hkvo sent u a prearrival from the day u received your aor2

Kaenicolas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Hello,

Thanks and regards,

Eusufzai
What is ur timeline?

Eusufzai

Oct 30, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
24-07-2015
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Interview........
Waived

ngan2017

Dec 5, 2017
Is your bgc already in process?
Yes, I think so. Since my case was handle by a representative , I can never link up my application in GCkey account. So I called the call centre 2 weeks ago, and this is a voice message about my application and it said we are now processing your background check.

ngan2017

Dec 5, 2017
Hello!
Is it true that the next step for our PR application will be DM after we received an email about Head’s up that your application is moving ahead. It’s time to start thinking about the next steps of your journey to Canada ?
If so, can anyone advise how long it usually take to have your application approved(online status changed to DM) after you have recieved such email ?

Kaenicolas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, I think so. Since my case was handle by a representative , I can never link up my application in GCkey account. So I called the call centre 2 weeks ago, and this is a voice message about my application and it said we are now processing your background check.
Ok, i received aor2 from hk on december 14 so i expect some email from dem on february or march finger cross