+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

wintermao

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Congratz!!! Have a new start in Canada. By the way, when is your BGC? Mine still waiting for BGC.
It is quite late, for Hong Kong I think it is something like this: You first get a pre-arrival notice then after one week you get your bgc in process and another week you get DM and finally a week after you get PPR.

Lucky2018

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
It is quite late, for Hong Kong I think it is something like this: You first get a pre-arrival notice then after one week you get your bgc in process and another week you get DM and finally a week after you get PPR.

I received pre-arrival notice in July and still waiting BGC. would you please share your timeline for ref.

ngan2017

Dec 5, 2017
My application was recevied in late April,2017. And we submitted additional document on Early June. SA on end of June.

I have got an email about my pre-arrival service in Early Nov. Until now, online status is still in process.

Since I can never link my application online due to my application is handle by representative. I didn't know when will my Background check be start ?

I have called the call centre(CIC Mississauga) a week ago, and there are voice record message about my application status and one of them said we are processing your background check. ==> is that mean my background check is already started ?

coolw2k

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
In HK, do you get PPR? my friend told me you will receive email, letter and landing paper by mail, you don't need to send passport to Ottawa, is this correct?

coolw2k

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
I received pre-arrival notice in July and still waiting BGC. would you please share your timeline for ref.
what does your pre-arrival email say? I thought people should receive approval/decision made around one month after receiving pre-arrival email. 5 months now for you after pre-arrival, it's long one.

Reactions: wintermao

ngan2017

Dec 5, 2017
Congratulations! How long did you received your DM after the receipt of notification, I have received the Acknowledgment of receipt perfection letter three weeks ago.
Hi, May I ask what is the acknowledgment of reciept perfection letter ?

My application was received on end of April, 2017. And additonal doucment was requested to be re-submitted on Early June. And the sposorship was approved on end of June,2017.

In mid August , I recieved an email about Great News, our application has arrrived in Hong Kong visa office. Then In early Nov, we recevied an email about we can received pre-arrival service. Then in mid December, we received another email about Head's up that your application is moving ahead. And asked us to do our internet researcch to find out more about the checklist for a starter like sdhooling for our children , banking, housing, health care.

And this is what I have received from HKCIC so far. And I never received any email about acknowledgment of reciept perfection letter?

Thanks!

iris19950711

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
11-07-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
2-11-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2017
My application was recevied in late April,2017. And we submitted additional document on Early June. SA on end of June.

I have got an email about my pre-arrival service in Early Nov. Until now, online status is still in process.

Since I can never link my application online due to my application is handle by representative. I didn't know when will my Background check be start ?

I have called the call centre(CIC Mississauga) a week ago, and there are voice record message about my application status and one of them said we are processing your background check. ==> is that mean my background check is already started ?
Yes! If they told you they are processing your background check in the voice msg, It means bcg started. Congrats!

wintermao

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Hi, May I ask what is the acknowledgment of reciept perfection letter ?

My application was received on end of April, 2017. And additonal doucment was requested to be re-submitted on Early June. And the sposorship was approved on end of June,2017.

In mid August , I recieved an email about Great News, our application has arrrived in Hong Kong visa office. Then In early Nov, we recevied an email about we can received pre-arrival service. Then in mid December, we received another email about Head's up that your application is moving ahead. And asked us to do our internet researcch to find out more about the checklist for a starter like sdhooling for our children , banking, housing, health care.

And this is what I have received from HKCIC so far. And I never received any email about acknowledgment of reciept perfection letter?

Thanks!
I've got no answer for it, simply received twice the notice of receipt from HK office. I think your DM is underway, and everything will be fine.