+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Dear Almostmove, any update from your application? Mine also got transferred in mid July and no more update. My BGC not even started as well.
Hi ginsan, I got no update as well, I wonder why Hong Kong is slow compared to Taiwan and Singapore. :(

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
I got the update just now, oh my god, fail.... could I seek for your advice why rejected?
I am a sponsor, sponsor my wife only, 2 kids have Canadian passport.

I have reviewed all documentation and information submitted in support of your immigration application. I have concerns that you are unable to submit reliable evidence to support the plan provided by you and your sponsor concerning his/her intention to re-establish himself/herself in Canada once you are issued an immigrant visa. I have concerns that you are unable to submit reliable evidence to demonstrate that your sponsor has made efforts or is in the process of a) severing his/her ties to his/her current place of normal residence and b) re-establishing his/her permanent residency in Canada. I, therefore, have concerns that your sponsor does not meet the requirements of a sponsor under subsection 130(2) of the Immigration Regulations. Consequently, I have concerns that you do not meet the requirements of a member of the family class under subsection 12(1) of the Immigration Act. I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information.

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
I got the update just now, oh my god, fail.... could I seek for your advice why rejected?

I have reviewed all documentation and information submitted in support of your immigration application. I have concerns that you are unable to submit reliable evidence to support the plan provided by you and your sponsor concerning his/her intention to re-establish himself/herself in Canada once you are issued an immigrant visa. I have concerns that you are unable to submit reliable evidence to demonstrate that your sponsor has made efforts or is in the process of a) severing his/her ties to his/her current place of normal residence and b) re-establishing his/her permanent residency in Canada. I, therefore, have concerns that your sponsor does not meet the requirements of a sponsor under subsection 130(2) of the Immigration Regulations. Consequently, I have concerns that you do not meet the requirements of a member of the family class under subsection 12(1) of the Immigration Act. I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information.
May I have some details such as country of resident, years of marriage and how much info u have provided? Thanks

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
May I have some details such as country of resident, years of marriage and how much info u have provided? Thanks
Thanks.
Myself, 2 kids hold Hong Kong ID and Canadian citizenship, my wife was born in China but move to Hong Kong when she is before 10 years old, she is holding Hong Kong ID only.
We married at 2006, we provided almost 40 pics, marriage cert, all necessary documents.
My sponsor is approved at June29.

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Thanks.
Myself, 2 kids hold Hong Kong ID and Canadian citizenship, my wife was born in China but move to Hong Kong when she is before 10 years old, she is holding Hong Kong ID only.
We married at 2006, we provided almost 40 pics, marriage cert, all necessary documents.
My sponsor is approved at June29.
I have concerns that you are unable to submit reliable evidence to support the plan provided by you and your sponsor concerning his/her intention to re-establish himself/herself in Canada once you are issued an immigrant visa. I have concerns that you are unable to submit reliable evidence to demonstrate that your sponsor has made efforts or is in the process of
a) severing his/her ties to his/her current place of normal residence and
b) re-establishing his/her permanent residency in Canada

I believe VO means I (Sponsor) did not provided strong evidence intend to re-establish in Canada.
I submitted my plan at March, when will resign, living with my parents in Canada once arrived... I am not sure what else I can provide. :(
Should I ask my parent write a letter to prove they will let me live with them for free? Should I resign now in order to prove I will go back? (but I am not sure how much longer have to wait.)

Can anyone give me some advices that what kind of additional evidences I should send in the status? thanks.

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
I have concerns that you are unable to submit reliable evidence to support the plan provided by you and your sponsor concerning his/her intention to re-establish himself/herself in Canada once you are issued an immigrant visa. I have concerns that you are unable to submit reliable evidence to demonstrate that your sponsor has made efforts or is in the process of
a) severing his/her ties to his/her current place of normal residence and
b) re-establishing his/her permanent residency in Canada

I believe VO means I (Sponsor) did not provided strong evidence intend to re-establish in Canada.
I submitted my plan at March, when will resign, living with my parents in Canada once arrived... I am not sure what else I can provide. :(
Should I ask my parent write a letter to prove they will let me live with them for free? Should I resign now in order to prove I will go back? (but I am not sure how much longer have to wait.)

Can anyone give me some advices that what kind of additional evidences I should send in the status? thanks.
weird. The whole thing is about you (the sponsor) not the PA. Did they approve your SA status back from Mississauga? VO should be just checking PA status, background and the marriage at this stage in HK. Did you email them to elaborate on it or did they send you an interview request?
I read most cases from outland have both SA and PA living abroad and planning to go back as a family GIVEN the PA gets the PR. It is very logic for every family to secure the PR status before moving back to Canada. I dont see where the VO is coming from .

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
weird. The whole thing is about you (the sponsor) not the PA. Did they approve your SA status back from Mississauga? VO should be just checking PA status, background and the marriage at this stage in HK. Did you email them to elaborate on it or did they send you an interview request?
I read most cases from outland have both SA and PA living abroad and planning to go back as a family GIVEN the PA gets the PR. It is very logic for every family to secure the PR status before moving back to Canada. I dont see where the VO is coming from .
Thanks for your reply roverbon

Yes, Sponsor approved at June29th.
There is a letter attached with my application package to tell the officer my plan after sponsor approved and PR approved, mainly is living with my parents, resign job in Hong Kong, contact broad of education in Canada...
they did not send me any interview request, but I have to provide information/documents to them within 30 days. What I can provide to them? :(

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on
behalf of XXX and family (if applicable).

We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

ginsan

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017

Sorry to hear about the news. Initially, I guessed the " Sponsor's intention to stay in Canada" should be checked before SA.(?). Was your background check started/completed at this stage?

I think you could provide some details in home searching and/or school searching (for your kids) in your reply. (I am not sure, but hope this could be a way out). Hope to receive good news from you later on.

coolw2k

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Thanks for your reply roverbon

Yes, Sponsor approved at June29th.
There is a letter attached with my application package to tell the officer my plan after sponsor approved and PR approved, mainly is living with my parents, resign job in Hong Kong, contact broad of education in Canada...
they did not send me any interview request, but I have to provide information/documents to them within 30 days. What I can provide to them? :(

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on
behalf of XXX and family (if applicable).

We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
...in my own opinion, you can consider to provide below
- Canada job searching evidence
- bank account statement to show your family has ability to live for a period of time
- travel evidence to show you traveled to Canada(YVR/YYZ) couple times with whole family
- house purchase could be strong intention as well
- registration of any Canada related association/org evidence to show you really want to know more in order to adapt new environments

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017

The only thing that I can think of is that the letter expressed one of the VOs concerns is a) severing his/her ties to his/her current place of normal residence. My wild guess is that you probably traveled aboard a lot in the past or you and your family actually spend considerable time in mainland China, instead of HK, and that made the VO thought you probably won't re-establish in Canada.

You see, the whole process is based on causes of probability, if every dots connected in line, then you will be fine, otherwise, there will be an issue. Since you received the letter of procedure fairness, it is your second chance to provide an explanation letter to ease the VO's mind. Also, to address VO's second concern, by asking your parents to provide you a letter definitely will help. And if you haven't done so, you can inquiry a moving cost from an international freight service, ask your friend(s)/Relative(s) in Canada to send you emails to express their welcomes/blessings to your family to Canada, you can even book a ticket to fly to Canada just for couple days to open up a bank account, and deposit certain amount of money, like what my wife did, you can ask any business owner(s) that you or your family know of to send you a job interview (you can actually fly to Canada to attend the job interview), they don't have to hire you though. Even your parents would provide you the shelter when you move back to Canada, actually you can consult some realtors in Canada to scout some rentals for you, again you don't have the obligation to actually rent them. There is a lot things that you can do to convince the VO that you will be re-establishing in Canada for good.

To your situation, the VO is thinking that Action is louder than words.

Last edited:

rlserenity

Sep 8, 2017
Hi Iris, Happy 2018

I am HK April applicant(application received on April 26,17), and I am still waiting for DM. I received Pre-arrival on Nov 02,17. And I received another email bulletin 2: important update about your immigration application on Dec 15,17.

Since my case was handling by a representative ,so I can never link my application online, So I didn't know when exactly my background check was started? But I call the call center in Early December and found out they are now processing the background check.

Until today, I still haven't got DM yet. So should I be worry ? Should I order GCMS note in order to find out more detail about my application?

Thanks
did you get any update? I am a HK May applicant(application received on May 29, 2017), just got an email about Pre-arrival.

ngan2017

Dec 5, 2017
did you get any update? I am a HK May applicant(application received on May 29, 2017), just got an email about Pre-arrival.
Yes, I checked my online status in ECAS a few minutes before this morning and my online status has changed to DECISION MADE.

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sorry to hear about the news. Initially, I guessed the " Sponsor's intention to stay in Canada" should be checked before SA.(?). Was your background check started/completed at this stage?

I think you could provide some details in home searching and/or school searching (for your kids) in your reply. (I am not sure, but hope this could be a way out). Hope to receive good news from you later on.
Thanks for your reply, ginsan

I am not sure this is the final step or still need a background check, the GCKey shown the background check is not started yet.
One of my friend submit application at August, and her GCKey shown the background check is already started.

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
...in my own opinion, you can consider to provide below
- Canada job searching evidence
- bank account statement to show your family has ability to live for a period of time
- travel evidence to show you traveled to Canada(YVR/YYZ) couple times with whole family
- house purchase could be strong intention as well
- registration of any Canada related association/org evidence to show you really want to know more in order to adapt new environments

Hope this helps
Thanks for your reply, coolw2k

I will try to collect the points you suggested.

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
The only thing that I can think of is that the letter expressed one of the VOs concerns is a) severing his/her ties to his/her current place of normal residence. My wild guess is that you probably traveled aboard a lot in the past or you and your family actually spend considerable time in mainland China, instead of HK, and that made the VO thought you probably won't re-establish in Canada.

You see, the whole process is based on causes of probability, if every dots connected in line, then you will be fine, otherwise, there will be an issue. Since you received the letter of procedure fairness, it is your second chance to provide an explanation letter to ease the VO's mind. Also, to address VO's second concern, by asking your parents to provide you a letter definitely will help. And if you haven't done so, you can inquiry a moving cost from an international freight service, ask your friend(s)/Relative(s) in Canada to send you emails to express their welcomes/blessings to your family to Canada, you can even book a ticket to fly to Canada just for couple days to open up a bank account, and deposit certain amount of money, like what my wife did, you can ask any business owner(s) that you or your family know of to send you a job interview (you can actually fly to Canada to attend the job interview), they don't have to hire you though. Even your parents would provide you the shelter when you move back to Canada, actually you can consult some realtors in Canada to scout some rentals for you, again you don't have the obligation to actually rent them. There is a lot things that you can do to convince the VO that you will be re-establishing in Canada for good.

To your situation, the VO is thinking that Action is louder than words.
Thanks for your reply Miraclejj

We live in Hong Kong and seldom to China. parent provide a letter, logistic service, book flight ticket, send a job interview are valuable suggestion, thanks.
I am thinking should I resign my job now? will it help if HR provide a notice of my resignation?