VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Sharing my timeline:

DM on ECAS Jan 14
MYCIC updated to approved Jan 27
COPR received Feb 4

HKvv

Jan 29, 2017
Hi everyone. I didn't realise until just now that we had a Hong Kong specific thread. I am applying for PR for my British husband. Our timeline so far is:
- 16 Jan application received
- 24 Jan AOR received
- 30 Jan SA
- 06 Feb Application in process
- 16 Feb Document request

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
HKvv said:
Hi everyone. I didn't realise until just now that we had a Hong Kong specific thread. I am applying for PR for my British husband. Our timeline so far is:
- 24 Jan AOR received
- 30 Jan SA
That's quick, I applied in October and got document request by late December.

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
HKvv said:
- 24 Jan AOR received
- 30 Jan SA
what documents? Police cert and background form?

wtatchan

Apr 15, 2016
Montreal, QC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HongKong
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
HongKong office: 24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Passed!
Interview........
Not needed
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
GFLiam said:
That's quick, I applied in October and got document request by late December.
I'm in the same boat. I got my CSQ (Quebec) last week. Hopefully, I will get an decision soon. ;)

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2016 ~ AOR1 : 1-Sept-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
My Timeline is:

Visa Office......: Hong Kong
App. Filed.......: 03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.: 23-Aug-2016
File Transfer...: 1-Sept-2016
Med's Request: Upfront
Med's Done....: 21-July-2016

Applied for CSQ on September 15th, HK received a copy of it in December, but we only just received a copy to forward on Monday (the 13th) after requesting a duplicate in January.
The application has been in 'Background Check' since about January 15th.

How long is the HK (Chinese Mainland) background check taking for others?

HKvv

Jan 29, 2017
carsonTO said:
what documents? Police cert and background form?
Yes, police cert and updated background and family form (which we don't have to update as we were already aware of the requirement to go back to age of 18 from this forum and British Expats forum). We've already sent the UK police cert in but need to get the HK one.

Our case is very straightforward - married for over 15 years with 2 kids who already have Canadian citizenship and have already purchased a home to move into in Canada. We've already paid all the fees and submitted the medical report upfront.

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
HKvv said:
Yes, police cert and updated background and family form (which we don't have to update as we were already aware of the requirement to go back to age of 18 from this forum and British Expats forum). We've already sent the UK police cert in but need to get the HK one.

Our case is very straightforward - married for over 15 years with 2 kids who already have Canadian citizenship and have already purchased a home to move into in Canada. We've already paid all the fees and submitted the medical report upfront.
I am confused. My wife stayed in Canada for 1 yr last year. Does she need to acquire RCMP police cert? She only provided HK one since she lives there her whole life.

HKvv

Jan 29, 2017
carsonTO said:
I am confused. My wife stayed in Canada for 1 yr last year. Does she need to acquire RCMP police cert? She only provided HK one since she lives there her whole life.
I don't know for sure, but I would think she needs to have a Canadian criminal record check if she was in Canada for more than 6 months in a row last year as the document request says:

"If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: [CIC link removed for post]. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package."

I can't post the link, but on the CIC website, it says what you have to do to get the Canadian certificate.

HKvv

Jan 29, 2017
Can anyone remember how long it took them to at the Police Station to apply for the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction? Did you walk in or pre-book an appointment? Hubby is trying to find out how long this will take out of his work day.

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
HKvv said:
I don't know for sure, but I would think she needs to have a Canadian criminal record check if she was in Canada for more than 6 months in a row last year as the document request says:

"If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: [CIC link removed for post]. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package."

I can't post the link, but on the CIC website, it says what you have to do to get the Canadian certificate.
I thought so, but it says in the document

At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or
not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family
member”. This must be received at this office by: 2017/02/26

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
HKvv said:
Can anyone remember how long it took them to at the Police Station to apply for the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction? Did you walk in or pre-book an appointment? Hubby is trying to find out how long this will take out of his work day.
u need to book an appointment. plus they wont give u the cert but send it to the corresponding office directly.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
wyho007 said:
Sharing my timeline:

DM on ECAS Jan 14
MYCIC updated to approved Jan 27
COPR received Feb 4
Did CIC or HKVO give you any indication of receiving the documents after doc request? I am asking because the HK police would only send the certificate directly to HKVO and there is no way to tell if HKVO received or not.