+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
conniecheng said:
sounds good. thank you so much

i am sorry to ask a question again. i am not so sure about the B4. i just wanna make it clear. I do not have anything to send to Canada in the future. I am going to land on the 20 June 2016 from Hong Kong to Vancouver and i have 2 suit cases with me. I am bringing with some clothing, old computer and one brand new cell phone which is value around $CAD 500 . i also have my wedding ring with me which bought in Canada 2 years ago.
Do I need to fill up.the B4 ?

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Thanks so much. I think I won't have to send anything to HKVO.

li-lai-lai said:
I got the same request too. for the photo, on my letter it says "if not yet submitted: two recent photos respecting....." so I guess I am not sending additional photo ( I sent 5 with my app). they also asked for police certs from each country you have spent 6 months or more. I did not send any police cert with my app, because it says you dont need to on their website. but it also says that you need to provide them once the visa office make a request for it. so I am going to get both the hk and canada police certs in the next two days and send them along with other requested docs.

Edit:found out there is no need to get criminal check from canada, only from hk

lizhl2000

Jan 20, 2016
Hi Guys,

I just received my case progress from MP's office as follows:

The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), on September 1, 2015.
· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria and that the application is complete has been finalized on October 28, 2015.
· The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituent’s spouse meet the eligibility requirements.
o the eligibility requirements assessment has been finalized on February 15, 2016.
· The medical examination results are on file and valid until December 9, 2016 for your constituent’s spouse.
· The security verifications are currently in process.
· A letter requesting information was sent on May 9, 2016. It is important that your constituent or their spouse provides the information within the timeframe indicated in the email. Failure to do so may lead to an administrative closure of the file.
· The current processing times indicated on the website are approximate and can vary with each individual case.
· If the application is approved:
o the constituent’s spouse will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa (if applicable), and
o the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which your constituent’s spouse will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.
· If the application is refused:
o the officer will send the constituent’s spouse a refusal letter,
o a copy of the refusal letter will also be sent to your constituent including:
§ a letter explaining appeal rights*,
§ a Notice of Appeal*, and
§ instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.

Could someone help to interpret it? and how long will take to finalize security verifications?

Thank you very much.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
lizhl2000 said:
Hi Guys,

I just received my case progress from MP's office as follows:

The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), on September 1, 2015.
· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria and that the application is complete has been finalized on October 28, 2015.
· The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituent’s spouse meet the eligibility requirements.
o the eligibility requirements assessment has been finalized on February 15, 2016.
· The medical examination results are on file and valid until December 9, 2016 for your constituent’s spouse.
· The security verifications are currently in process.
· A letter requesting information was sent on May 9, 2016. It is important that your constituent or their spouse provides the information within the timeframe indicated in the email. Failure to do so may lead to an administrative closure of the file.
· The current processing times indicated on the website are approximate and can vary with each individual case.
· If the application is approved:
o the constituent’s spouse will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa (if applicable), and
o the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which your constituent’s spouse will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.
· If the application is refused:
o the officer will send the constituent’s spouse a refusal letter,
o a copy of the refusal letter will also be sent to your constituent including:
§ a letter explaining appeal rights*,
§ a Notice of Appeal*, and
§ instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.

Could someone help to interpret it? and how long will take to finalize security verifications?

Thank you very much.
Looks like once security is cleared, DM should be next. Assuming you've sent in the necessary document required on May 9 and CIC is satisfied. And they are checking "security verifications" with the relevant countries, once the VO receives back reply on both, they will consider and make a decision based on the additional information.

lizhl2000

Jan 20, 2016
wyho007 said:
Looks like once security is cleared, DM should be next. Assuming you've sent in the necessary document required on May 9 and CIC is satisfied. And they are checking "security verifications" with the relevant countries, once the VO receives back reply on both, they will consider and make a decision based on the additional information.
thank you for your kind reply.
yes, the needed document required already sent and received.
the concern is now that security verification may take times.

tom2016

May 4, 2016
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016, AOR2 08-06-2016, HKVO received additional doc 16-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 05-04-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 08-12-2016
naticom said:
Thanks so much. I think I won't have to send anything to HKVO.
I also received the same AOR2 letter from HKVO, though I already sent 9 photos in the original app package nonetheless I sent the 2 photos to avoid future delays, if any. Also should you choose to mail in additional doc my advise is to follow the instructions exactly on the letter. Good luck!!

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
I have a thought - will it be slower if I do NOT have to update any document?

Before sending out my application kit, I read the AOR2 mail from other forumites and prepare the most complete documents. Therefore, I already gave them my personal history from 18 years old (this is most likely the form everyone needs to update).

However, on the AOR2 letter it says:

The above documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application. This may result in the refusal of your application.

They'll wait 30 days. If no updated doc received, they will process based on current doc.

Okay, let's consider these scenarios:

1. PA gets AOR2 mail and updates the docs. The docs arrive HKVO in a week
1-a A hardworking VO receives the updated docs and starts processing immediately. The process only delays 1 week.
1-b A SOP VO checks the docs after 30 days. VO finds the updated docs and starts processing. The process delays 30 days.

2. PA gets AOR2 mail and finds out there is nothing to update (like me).
2-a Whether hardworking VO or SOP VO has to wait 30 days so that they realize I have nothing to update. The process delays 30 days.

I don't know if this is correct, but I think people who update their documents are likely to get processed faster.

So the question is - should I send a letter to HKVO telling them "I have nothing to update"?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
naticom said:

Before sending out my application kit, I read the AOR2 mail from other forumites and prepare the most complete documents. Therefore, I already gave them my personal history from 18 years old (this is most likely the form everyone needs to update).

The above documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application. This may result in the refusal of your application.

They'll wait 30 days. If no updated doc received, they will process based on current doc.

1-a A hardworking VO receives the updated docs and starts processing immediately. The process only delays 1 week.
1-b A SOP VO checks the docs after 30 days. VO finds the updated docs and starts processing. The process delays 30 days.

2-a Whether hardworking VO or SOP VO has to wait 30 days so that they realize I have nothing to update. The process delays 30 days.

I don't know if this is correct, but I think people who update their documents are likely to get processed faster.

So the question is - should I send a letter to HKVO telling them "I have nothing to update"?
The AOR2 is a standard letter, which means if you don't have anything, you don't have anything to update. On the other hand if you do, then you have to respond.

IMM 5669 case, the delay happened to us. AOR2 went to my spouse's email, but it got auto-deleted. We did not know until I ordered GCMS notes which had a record of AOR2 contents. Update back all the way to 18 years old...darn. By this time, it was more than 90 days. I did it immediately via case specific inquiry, and sent the hard-copy via normal mail.

I ordered notes again about 2-3 weeks later to see if everything is in order. By the time I got the notes, it indicated that an officer proceeded to review my spouse's eligibility the day after I uploaded the new IMM 5669. This cannot be a coincidence. VO was waiting for the updated IMM 5669.

I would believe that the VO would know that your IMM 5669 has no deficiencies, so you do not need to tell them you have nothing to update.

CIC is insane in how they handle IMM 5669. Instructions say 10 years of 18 years old, but if 10 years does not go back to 18 years old, there is a good likelihood VO will ask for update...my guess is that it is VO and/or officer dependent. CIC should just say fill it up all the way to 18 years old. End of story.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Thanks. I have another questions - were you guys asked to update IMM5406 in your AOR2 mail?

(If you don't see IMM5406 request but only me, chances are that mine has some problems so I'll have to update that)

These are the documents HKVO requested from me:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

¨ If you have not yet undergone an immigration medical exam or your immigration medical exam results will expire within the next 120 days, you are required to undergo an Upfront Medical exam and include a copy of the Upfront Medical Report form (IMM 1017B) from your panel physician. For instructions on how to undergo an upfront medical exam, visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp and review the section “Undergo your exam before you submit your application.” Medical instruction forms will not be sent to you.

¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.

¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.

¨ If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

¨ Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

¨ Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

¨ If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

For the principal applicant:

¨ If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). To avoid processing delays, we strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. For information regarding fees and exemptions, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
naticom said:
Thanks. I have another questions - were you guys asked to update IMM5406 in your AOR2 mail?

(If you don't see IMM5406 request but only me, chances are that mine has some problems so I'll have to update that)

These are the documents HKVO requested from me:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

¨ If you have not yet undergone an immigration medical exam or your immigration medical exam results will expire within the next 120 days, you are required to undergo an Upfront Medical exam and include a copy of the Upfront Medical Report form (IMM 1017B) from your panel physician. For instructions on how to undergo an upfront medical exam, visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp and review the section “Undergo your exam before you submit your application.” Medical instruction forms will not be sent to you.

¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.

¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.

¨ If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

¨ Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

¨ Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

¨ If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

For the principal applicant:

¨ If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). To avoid processing delays, we strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. For information regarding fees and exemptions, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.
As we did not get the original AOR2, only excerpts of it in GCMS notes, I did not see anything on IMM 5406. I guess if you already filled out IMM 5406 completely, you do not have to fill it up again with exactly the same information. It could be that IMM 5406 form was updated. CIC keeps updating forms for no reason...IMM 5406 being one of them, when you put the same extended family information on the forms. Besides the formatting, I do not see any reason for updating it.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
naticom said:

Hardworking VO may wait for 30 days to touch your file for further processing. If i were in your place i would have written to VO through Case Specific Query form that i sent all documents right in the beginning and don't have anything to update. It takes only two minutes.

Best2015

Nov 18, 2015
Hi everyone,

I think HKVO speed up their process.

My wife just received his COPR on June 16,2016

September 24, 2015 Medical report done
January 20, 2016 Application received
March 14, 2016 Sponsorship Approved
March 31, 2016 Case transferred to HKVO
June 16, 2016 received email of COPR and DM showed in the website

Hope everyone will get your COPR soon!

Thanks

ALGBVB11

May 8, 2016
ALGBVB11 said:
Thanks Cheng9999,

I will apply it within this week.
Hi everyone,

I received a phone call from HKVO, they asked me to send them a photos so that they can issue the landing paper for me.

After that my lawyer received below email.
Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications) - Please submit your photos as soon as possible.

This must be received at this office by: 2016/07/05

My question is what is the photo size? I found out there have a different threads mentioned before but the size is different.

Anyone can give me the right photo size please? i want to get it right and asap.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 21, 2016
First time to post here. My file was transferred to Hong Kong last October. Since then there is absolutely no replies or any updates. Is it normal? Anyone who's an August applicant still waiting?

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Appendix B
Photo Specifications
Notes to the applicant
TAKE THIS WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER
 Make sure that you provide the correct number of photos specified in this guide.
 You must provide identical and unaltered photographs.
 Photographs may be in colour or in black and white.
 Photographs must be original and not altered in any way or taken from an existing photograph.
 Photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six (6) months).
Notes to the photographer
The photos must be:
 taken by a commercial photographer;
 50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm
and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head);
 clear, sharp and in focus;
 taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling);
 taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections;
 taken straight on, with face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show
the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing the full face centered in the middle of the
photograph);
 taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between the person’s face and
the background. Photographs must reflect and represent natural skin tones.
The back of one (1) photograph must:
 bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography
studio;
 bear the date the photograph was taken;
 The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable