Hong Kong timeline

ALGBVB11

May 8, 2016
Thommo said:
Appendix B
Photo Specifications
Notes to the applicant
TAKE THIS WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER
 Make sure that you provide the correct number of photos specified in this guide.
 You must provide identical and unaltered photographs.
 Photographs may be in colour or in black and white.
 Photographs must be original and not altered in any way or taken from an existing photograph.
 Photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six (6) months).
Notes to the photographer
The photos must be:
 taken by a commercial photographer;
 50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm
and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head);
 clear, sharp and in focus;
 taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling);
 taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections;
 taken straight on, with face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show
the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing the full face centered in the middle of the
photograph);
 taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between the person’s face and
the background. Photographs must reflect and represent natural skin tones.
The back of one (1) photograph must:
 bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography
studio;
 bear the date the photograph was taken;
 The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable
Hi Thommo,

Thank you so much.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
I've done so but it might take 28 days to get a reply.

Thommo said:
Hardworking VO may wait for 30 days to touch your file for further processing. If i were in your place i would have written to VO through Case Specific Query form that i sent all documents right in the beginning and don't have anything to update. It takes only two minutes.

lyil

Feb 21, 2015
??? ??? ???
Awww
The waiting game is very annoying me and my family
I had interview on 9th May and passed on the same day. I had to re do my medical test since its expired, and i did it the next day after my interview.
Right now I still havent heard anything from Hkvo about my COPR!!!
anyone knows How long does it normaly take to receive copr after an interview??
I am holding hk passport.
Im just praying for my letter everytime i open my mailbox
Awwww :(

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lyil said:
??? ??? ???
Awww
The waiting game is very annoying me and my family
I had interview on 9th May and passed on the same day. I had to re do my medical test since its expired, and i did it the next day after my interview.
Right now I still havent heard anything from Hkvo about my COPR!!!
anyone knows How long does it normaly take to receive copr after an interview??
I am holding hk passport.
Im just praying for my letter everytime i open my mailbox
Awwww :(
I am guessing, but passing interview meant eligibility passed. So what about criminality and security checks? Those would have started, but how long those take depends on the applicant's history. Some are quick and some a slower.

The only way to know more details is to order GCMS notes. You can search the forum to learn how to do that.

cathy0127

Jan 18, 2016
wyho007 said:
Congratulations! Do you have a very straight forward case? Really fast!
My husband and I are high school classmates. Maybe this is the reason why the processing time is so quick. ;)

yangzhi861

Apr 5, 2016
Hello Everyone!

My wife(principal applicant) received an email from HKVO with title "Document Request: Application for Permanent Residence". I'm not sure if this is AOR 2. I feel so confused because she is asked so many documents to be updated, and we included all these documents when submitted the original application. I wonder if everyone receive the exact same AOR 2 as we received, or it is based on your application to ask those documents? Please and thank you for any help!

Here below is what she received

Date: June 23, 2016

UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application: xxxxxxxxx

Dear XXX XXXX:

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review.

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
¨ If you have not yet undergone an immigration medical exam or your immigration medical exam results will expire within the next 120 days, you are required to undergo an Upfront Medical exam and include a copy of the Upfront Medical Report form (IMM 1017B) from your panel physician. For instructions on how to undergo an upfront medical exam, visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp and review the section “Undergo your exam before you submit your application.” Medical instruction forms will not be sent to you.
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
¨ If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
¨ Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).
¨ Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)
¨ If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.
For the principal applicant:
¨ If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). To avoid processing delays, we strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. For information regarding fees and exemptions, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.

For all dependent children, whether accompanying or not:
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate issued by the PRC Ministry of Health (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted).

For all dependent* children 19 and over, whether accompanying or not:

¨ Evidence that (s)he has been continuously enrolled in and attending a post-secondary institution that is accredited by the relevant government authority, and that (s)he is actively pursuing a course of academic, professional or vocational training on a full-time basis. Documentation must include transcripts.
OR

¨ Evidence that (s)he is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.
*Note: To review the definition of a dependent child, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-06-23.asp
Please submit all the requested documents with a copy of this letter in a single package. If there are any documents you are unable to submit in your package, please include a detailed explanation.

All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

The above documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application. This may result in the refusal of your application.

Documents should be submitted by mail or courier to:
Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
8/F, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong

yangzhi861

Apr 5, 2016
Anyone?

yangzhi861 said:
Hello Everyone!

My wife(principal applicant) received an email from HKVO with title "Document Request: Application for Permanent Residence". I'm not sure if this is AOR 2. I feel so confused because she is asked so many documents to be updated, and we included all these documents when submitted the original application. I wonder if everyone receive the exact same AOR 2 as we received, or it is based on your application to ask those documents? Please and thank you for any help!

Here below is what she received

Date: June 23, 2016

UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application: xxxxxxxxx

Dear XXX XXXX:

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review.

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
¨ If you have not yet undergone an immigration medical exam or your immigration medical exam results will expire within the next 120 days, you are required to undergo an Upfront Medical exam and include a copy of the Upfront Medical Report form (IMM 1017B) from your panel physician. For instructions on how to undergo an upfront medical exam, visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp and review the section “Undergo your exam before you submit your application.” Medical instruction forms will not be sent to you.
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
¨ If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:
¨ Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).
¨ Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)
¨ If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.
For the principal applicant:
¨ If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). To avoid processing delays, we strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. For information regarding fees and exemptions, click here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.

For all dependent children, whether accompanying or not:
¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate issued by the PRC Ministry of Health (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted).

For all dependent* children 19 and over, whether accompanying or not:

¨ Evidence that (s)he has been continuously enrolled in and attending a post-secondary institution that is accredited by the relevant government authority, and that (s)he is actively pursuing a course of academic, professional or vocational training on a full-time basis. Documentation must include transcripts.
OR

¨ Evidence that (s)he is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.
*Note: To review the definition of a dependent child, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-06-23.asp
Please submit all the requested documents with a copy of this letter in a single package. If there are any documents you are unable to submit in your package, please include a detailed explanation.

All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

The above documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application. This may result in the refusal of your application.

Documents should be submitted by mail or courier to:
Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
8/F, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong

nicoco

May 24, 2016
Don't worry, it's AOR2. My husband received the same email yesterday. Just submit what you didn't submit according to the list. For form 5669, you should declare personal history since age 18. Hope this helps you :)

lizhl2000

Jan 20, 2016
lizhl2000 said:
Hi Guys,

I just received my case progress from MP's office as follows:

The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), on September 1, 2015.
· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria and that the application is complete has been finalized on October 28, 2015.
· The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituent’s spouse meet the eligibility requirements.
o the eligibility requirements assessment has been finalized on February 15, 2016.
· The medical examination results are on file and valid until December 9, 2016 for your constituent’s spouse.
· The security verifications are currently in process.
· A letter requesting information was sent on May 9, 2016. It is important that your constituent or their spouse provides the information within the timeframe indicated in the email. Failure to do so may lead to an administrative closure of the file.
· The current processing times indicated on the website are approximate and can vary with each individual case.
· If the application is approved:
o the constituent’s spouse will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa (if applicable), and
o the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which your constituent’s spouse will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.
· If the application is refused:
o the officer will send the constituent’s spouse a refusal letter,
o a copy of the refusal letter will also be sent to your constituent including:
§ a letter explaining appeal rights*,
§ a Notice of Appeal*, and
§ instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.

Could someone help to interpret it? and how long will take to finalize security verifications?

Thank you very much.
Did someone have similar experience for SECURITY Verification, and how long may need?

yangzhi861

Apr 5, 2016
Thanks nicoco, if we don't have anything to update and submit, does that mean HKVO will wait for 30 days and then start processing the file? Which means there will be a 30 days delay?

Thanks a lot!

nicoco said:
Don't worry, it's AOR2. My husband received the same email yesterday. Just submit what you didn't submit according to the list. For form 5669, you should declare personal history since age 18. Hope this helps you :)

lyil

Feb 21, 2015
cheng9999 said:
I am guessing, but passing interview meant eligibility passed. So what about criminality and security checks? Those would have started, but how long those take depends on the applicant's history. Some are quick and some a slower.

The only way to know more details is to order GCMS notes. You can search the forum to learn how to do that.

??? :( its been 1.5 month after my interview still no COPR
Sigh... Im started to feel worried :-[

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lyil said:
??? :( its been 1.5 month after my interview still no COPR
Sigh... Im started to feel worried :-[
The only way to know is to order GCMS notes. Your sponsor has to do this. Just search the forum...many people have posted how to do this.