+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
smoothsailing said:
To be exact it was 19 days for us. The latest total fee I heard was 179.40 RMB but we paid just under 200 so there may have been currency fluctuations or other reasons for the small change. The sending courier was separate but the 179.40 fee included returning by EMS courier. There was a string of messages on the subject of how much, how to pay, how to track on page 167 of this thread, plus and minus a couple of pages. Yes there is tracking to the applicant.

K cool. Thanks for the info.

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
smoothsailing said:
To be exact it was 19 days for us. The latest total fee I heard was 179.40 RMB but we paid just under 200 so there may have been currency fluctuations or other reasons for the small change. The sending courier was separate but the 179.40 fee included returning by EMS courier. There was a string of messages on the subject of how much, how to pay, how to track on page 167 of this thread, plus and minus a couple of pages. Yes there is tracking to the applicant.
for the 19 days, was it business days or Calendar days? from the day passport gets send out to the day passport returned back?

Thanks for the info :D

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
SkyOcean said:
for the 19 days, was it business days or Calendar days? from the day passport gets send out to the day passport returned back?

Thanks for the info :D
Calendar days. It came back on a Saturday.

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
smoothsailing said:
Calendar days. It came back on a Saturday.
Thanks for sharing.It's been more than two weeks since my wife sent out the passport to beijing. but under 3 weeks.. still waiting :D

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Out of curiosity. Does anyone knoW that if I have a conditional pr. And I'm intend to apply for citizenship. Would that two years condition count as the time spent in Canada?

cathy0127

Jan 18, 2016
JYC said:
I was wondering about that too, me and my wife were married in the US, in order to change her hukou we have to get our marriage certificate translated and certified in the US embassy in China. It is too much work and a waste of money for nothing so we skipped that part. However I updated my status with CRA online with my wife's info.
Thank you for your reply. Right now I decide to skip this part and let the HK visa office to process my application. If they require me to update my HuKou, I will do what they ask for. If your case have any update, could you please let me know?

Thanks

cathy0127

Jan 18, 2016
smoothsailing said:
My wife changed it to married before getting translated and notarized. She said just now "yes, it is better". She knows of someone on another forum who didn't change it and then CIC sent a letter asking for it to be changed and translated and notarized again. Better to spend the extra time now in my opinion. Our application was "smooth sailing".
Thanks for your information. Now I decide to let the visa office continue to processing my application. I will update the Hukou when they ask me to change it. :D

janicebunny

Sep 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
30-03-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
06-11-2016
Just received SA today and was told application transferred to HKVO.

I am physically in Canada already but our immigration consultant said it would be better to apply as outland b/c there was a big chance that my application would be transferred to CPC-ottawa, which takes shorter time.

However, my application got transferred to HKVO instead.

I am kinda worry why my application got transferred to HKVO. I know applications for Chinese applicants would be transferred to HKVO, but most cases for sponsored applicant who's already in Canada for a long time would be transferred to CPC-ottawa.

My work permit is about to expire, and I will stay in Canada as a visitor. If I need to attend an interview (touch wood!!! hopeful waived!!!) in HK, is there any chance that I may not be coming back in Canada?

*fingers crossed always*

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
tryee said:
Out of curiosity. Does anyone knoW that if I have a conditional pr. And I'm intend to apply for citizenship. Would that two years condition count as the time spent in Canada?
Yes, it will.

Please update your status on the spreadsheet.

leanneg

Mar 8, 2016
cicong said:
Yes, it will.

Please update your status on the spreadsheet.
I just saw an application submitted in September 2015 got DMed. I am pretty sure they have everything they needed in order to process but WHY SO SLOW?

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
janicebunny said:
Just received SA today and was told application transferred to HKVO.

I am physically in Canada already but our immigration consultant said it would be better to apply as outland b/c there was a big chance that my application would be transferred to CPC-ottawa, which takes shorter time.

However, my application got transferred to HKVO instead.

I am kinda worry why my application got transferred to HKVO. I know applications for Chinese applicants would be transferred to HKVO, but most cases for sponsored applicant who's already in Canada for a long time would be transferred to CPC-ottawa.

My work permit is about to expire, and I will stay in Canada as a visitor. If I need to attend an interview (touch wood!!! hopeful waived!!!) in HK, is there any chance that I may not be coming back in Canada?

*fingers crossed always*

No. It depends on what passport your having. I am in Canada since 2006. But my nationality decided that my case transferred to hk. And however if you do need an interview you will have to fly to hk as well. Inland is slower than Outland application. But inland will give you a work permit to work here. Hope it helps. :)

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
leanneg said:
I just saw an application submitted in September 2015 got DMed. I am pretty sure they have everything they needed in order to process but WHY SO SLOW?
Yea, it appears that only a handful of people have extended wait period. Have you ordered your notes yet? I just ordered mine again for the 3rd time.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
cicong said:
Yea, it appears that only a handful of people have extended wait period. Have you ordered your notes yet? I just ordered mine again for the 3rd time.
cicong, I really hope you will get a DM soon. You said you had ordered your notes for the 3rd time, so had they started your eligibility yet or you get passed that stage?