+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
Short version update: the COPR arrived!

The long story: I have been very busy at work, and traveled most of March. I got home yesterday, and COPR was there...my wife did not tell me it arrived while I was traveling! The mailing date was Mar 16. I looked at eCas and it shows DM on the main page (Sponsor still says IN PROGRESS, PA side says DM), and the case details only show 3 lines up to "medical received...", and last update was Dec 15 shown on the bottom...not sure when it changed to DM as I did not look at it after 2nd week of March.

The photo stuck on the COPR was the old photo size, not the new 5x7cm. There is an insert asking us to take 2 new photos with the new specs of 5x7cm...I assume these should be taken to the border for landing purposes. There are no instructions.

I recall that your MP told you your case has passed eligibility...ours passed eligibility mid Feb (MP told us), so it's 1 month after that we got COPR.
Hi Cheng,
My case is the same as your case details only show 3 lines up to "Medical received". The most update version of my case is as follow:-
I got an email with UIC No. and Application No. My wife the PA never receive any hence no UIC No.
In the eCas, I use the Application No. and my wife details (Last name, DOB etc) and got the eCas information. It should be the PA information.
I use my UIC number but cannot get into the system.
I phoned CIC and I was told my SA has not approved after 14 months they receive.
I will meet the local PM to help.
Please advise your comment.
Lucas

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
JYC said:
cicong, I really hope you will get a DM soon. You said you had ordered your notes for the 3rd time, so had they started your eligibility yet or you get passed that stage?
I got COPR recently, but ordered notes Mar 1, so I'll share what I find inside.

At the time of printing of the notes (Mar 1), Security/Criminality still say "not started", and Eligibility says "Passed".

My timeline...Feb 3, I got my 1st set of notes, and realized we needed to re-do 5669E...but already 90 days passed as AOR2 was sent Nov but never received (automatic delete box)! I immediately completed it, uploaded via Case Specific Inquiry with explanation. I was worried our case would be closed.

Feb 4, case officer filled out comments on Eligibility: basically the info/background of the relationship, etc. details as we provided. As soon as I did this, an officer took action to continue working on the case (maybe we are very lucky). I also sent hardcopy to HKVO, but it looks like Case Specific Enquiry system works!

Feb 15, another case officer finalized Eligibility, this time was comments/assessment/conclusion of the case officer and not just repeating the facts we provided as on the entry on Feb 4.

Then some time after Mar 1 and before Mar 16 when COPR was mailed out, Security/Background were both completed...in our case, my wife only lived in one place all her life, so only one PC to deal with. This could be the reason for the speed.

Besides being lucky, that our case was delayed due to re-doing 5669E, but back on track very quickly once VO got the new document, it appears that if the case is "straight-forward" (long marriage, both are first marriages, kids, obvious plans to move back, etc.), a hold-up would suggest that HKVO is waiting for something missing. Just a simple 2 lines of addition of our 5669E, and things moved along again. In our case, VO sent out request in AOR2, but could it be that VO did in fact miss sending out the request for info somehow?--scary but who knows if that's possible. After all, human error is possible.

I hope those of you who are delayed, but cannot think of a reason, can find out what that would be when you get your GCMS notes. And if your notes are quite empty, I can only think that the only way is to go through all the forms, and see if there could have been information which was not complete...and then proactively send a new form to HKVO hoping to nudge them to respond. Even if they don't formally respond, I believe they do take note and action, and you can see these in GCMS. By the way, I can see HKVO finally added in the omitted detail for mailing address section...but still does not show up properly in eCas.

Good luck.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
My case is the same as your case details only show 3 lines up to "Medical received". The most update version of my case is as follow:-
I got an email with UIC No. and Application No. My wife the PA never receive any hence no UIC No.
In the eCas, I use the Application No. and my wife details (Last name, DOB etc) and got the eCas information. It should be the PA information.
I phoned CIC and I was told my SA has not approved after 14 months they receive.
Lucas
I just posted about what I saw on my 2nd set of GCMS notes. My conclusion is that when things are not moving for obviously straightforward cases, some information is missing and HKVO is waiting.

Basically, I believe your wife missed AOR2 (either got into delete box or not sent as a mistake). It could be 5669E background declaration not filled up to 18 years old (you had a resume of your wife, but if it is not referenced properly to the right sections, they may ignore it) OR HKVO needed China police cert (you said your wife is from China originally...if after 18 years old, it meant she lived there as an adult, and would need it). If you sent in China police cert, then I am wrong, but from your posts it looks like your wife did not get that done.

About logging into eCas.

Your wife's UCI would be in the AOR2...I got it because GCMS notes will have it. As you did not get AOR2, you can only log in with your UCI or case/file number indicated on the Sponsor approval letter.

If you use your UCI, then you do the following to log into eCas:
* UCI
* your last name (not your wife's unless she officially uses your last name)
* your birth date
* your birth place (I assume Hong Kong...I never tried Hong Kong SAR, as I think it applies to those born after 1997)

Funny that you use your wife's details, but your UCI...it is not supposed to work, as it did not work for me, nor for many people in this forum.

So what you will see if you use your UCI, is 2 sides: Sponsorship application side and Applicant side. My sponsorship still says "in progress", while Applicant side shows "Decision made". If I click on applicant side, I see more details, but still only 3 lines up to "medical results have been received".

For logging in, if you want to see only info for your wife, you can use the case number Fxxxxxxxxx (9 numbers after F), which is on your Sponsorship approval letter.
* Case/file number
* your wife's last name (what you filled out in the form...not sure if your wife changed her last name to use yours...my wife did not as it is not popular here)
* your wife's birthdate
* your wife's place of birth

Then you will see only information for your wife, and no information related to you. It will have "home address" and "mailing address" on the first screen, and below it will have you wife's name, and the link that says "In process". When you click that, you get same information as when you use your credentials.

By the way, you should see a "Date Modified: xxxx" at the bottom right hand corner in both pages. This gives an idea when officers last touched your file...I think it is only useful for your case, as nothing has moved...this is the only idea you have when they looked at it. If you read GCMS notes, this date matches with the actions of the officer "tidying up" your file at some point in time.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
Lucas
Lucas,

Sorry I misread you...you say CIC said your "SA" is not approved. That means Sponsorship Approval!

In another post, you said your eCas shows file transferred to VO in May. So this does not make sense if it's "SA" not approved.

You definitely need your notes...yeah, takes too long. And so your option would be your MP. I sent email to mine as I am not in the country...took 10 days to take action, which is not too bad really.

But back to your issue...big concern saying "SA" is not approved. If your file is transferred, then SA is approved (I assume you have the original SA approval letter). So the CIC person on the phone may not have meant "SA", but something else. It would imply that there is concern about eligibility. But if there is concern, there would be interview.

If CIC really meant "SA" is not approved, but you got SA approval email, it means the system made a mistake!

I am sorry to make this comment...but scary situation when it appears that someone in government has made a mistake...citizens suffer.

I hope you get this sorted out ASAP...your MP should be able to help if CIC actually made a mistake.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
Lucas,

Sorry I misread you...you say CIC said your "SA" is not approved. That means Sponsorship Approval!

In another post, you said your eCas shows file transferred to VO in May. So this does not make sense if it's "SA" not approved.

You definitely need your notes...yeah, takes too long. And so your option would be your MP. I sent email to mine as I am not in the country...took 10 days to take action, which is not too bad really.

But back to your issue...big concern saying "SA" is not approved. If your file is transferred, then SA is approved (I assume you have the original SA approval letter). So the CIC person on the phone may not have meant "SA", but something else. It would imply that there is concern about eligibility. But if there is concern, there would be interview.

If CIC really meant "SA" is not approved, but you got SA approval email, it means the system made a mistake!

I am sorry to make this comment...but scary situation when it appears that someone in government has made a mistake...citizens suffer.

I hope you get this sorted out ASAP...your MP should be able to help if CIC actually made a mistake.
Hi Cheng,

Yes, my SA has not granted. Thanks to you I got my eCas information only 2 lines end "started March 31, 2015" so far no news. I called CIC this morning and the lady confirmed that SA is not granted.
Before, the sponsor processing time should be less than 90 days or 3 months and will transfer to HKVO. I don't know anymore. You also think when the file transferred, the SA is assumed granted but this is not what the lady told me on the phone. In my case, it is not as I have no approval letter.
Did your eCas information showed your SA approval date
Thanks
Lucas

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
Lucas
Maybe that cic rep told you the wrong information, so try to call them again and re-clarify about your SA. Were you on welfare after you submit your sponsorship application? I heard CIC will cross reference the sponsor at least 2-3 times after SA is granted to ensure sponsor's eligibility.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,

Yes, my SA has not granted. Thanks to you I got my eCas information only 2 lines end "started March 31, 2015" so far no news.
Did your eCas information showed your SA approval date
Thanks
Lucas
No, my eCas still says "In Progress". The key is I got the actual SA approval email, with attached PDF of the letter. Then my spouse's side showed up as well.

But your case, it is so unusual. For your SA to be "not granted", but your case still passed to HKVO. Or you are led to believe that your wife's case still passed over to HKVO because you can see something in the system.

You definitely need MP's intervention. First of all, your Sponsorship is supposed to take around 60 days, say let's give it 90 days...you are way over that and so CIC needs to deal with you when you contact them. They cannot ask you to keep waiting because if your SA is not granted, then they have made a decision not to grant SA, and you should have been informed long time ago.

I hope it's a mistake...I just cannot imagine why you are denied sponsorship. That said, have you sponsored another family member in the past? Did you fulfill all your sponsorship duties? For example if you sponsored someone else, and they received government assistance before 10 years (now the time is extended to 20 years), you would be in breach of sponsorship duties.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
No, my eCas still says "In Progress". The key is I got the actual SA approval email, with attached PDF of the letter. Then my spouse's side showed up as well.

But your case, it is so unusual. For your SA to be "not granted", but your case still passed to HKVO. Or you are led to believe that your wife's case still passed over to HKVO because you can see something in the system.

You definitely need MP's intervention. First of all, your Sponsorship is supposed to take around 60 days, say let's give it 90 days...you are way over that and so CIC needs to deal with you when you contact them. They cannot ask you to keep waiting because if your SA is not granted, then they have made a decision not to grant SA, and you should have been informed long time ago.

I hope it's a mistake...I just cannot imagine why you are denied sponsorship. That said, have you sponsored another family member in the past? Did you fulfill all your sponsorship duties? For example if you sponsored someone else, and they received government assistance before 10 years (now the time is extended to 20 years), you would be in breach of sponsorship duties.
Hi Cheng,
I called and got reply from CIC call center that the file was transferred to Hong Kong.
I did sponsor my mum to come to Canada which was around 30 years ago. It seems they are checking my eligibility duty.
Thanks

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
I called and got reply from CIC call center that the file was transferred to Hong Kong.
I did sponsor my mum to come to Canada which was around 30 years ago. It seems they are checking my eligibility duty.
Thanks
I also sponsored my parents almost 20 years ago. GCMS notes also highlighted this but no problem for my case.

I suppose now you know the reason, you can start documenting things yourself. When you sponsored your parents, when they landed, when they became citizens, and most importantly when they applied for and received old age benefits like OAS, etc.

Obviously CIC has some trouble digging up this history, hence the delay. Anything you can do to clarify that you are good for that last sponsorship would only help you.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
I also sponsored my parents almost 20 years ago. GCMS notes also highlighted this but no problem for my case.

I suppose now you know the reason, you can start documenting things yourself. When you sponsored your parents, when they landed, when they became citizens, and most importantly when they applied for and received old age benefits like OAS, etc.

Obviously CIC has some trouble digging up this history, hence the delay. Anything you can do to clarify that you are good for that last sponsorship would only help you.
Hi Cheng,

Without the GCMS notes, I would not know what seems to be the problem.
Thanks

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,

Without the GCMS notes, I would not know what seems to be the problem.
Thanks
Not enough income perhaps to sponsor multiple family members? Didn't include the Option C Print-out? Missing forms? Lots of reasons, contact your MP for immediate info or get notes and view it for yourself after waiting 30 days.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
cicong said:
Not enough income perhaps to sponsor multiple family members? Didn't include the Option C Print-out? Missing forms? Lots of reasons, contact your MP for immediate info or get notes and view it for yourself after waiting 30 days.
What is not typical is the case files were passed to HKVO... At least it appears that way. And no reply for SA stage for so long even though it was passed the deadline for many months.

Wish Lucas all the luck in this matter. But also thank him in his willingness to share his details. That's what this forum is for.... To help each other out as getting info from CIC is difficult if not impossible. This unusual case may well help someone out in the future.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
I think what happened was on IMM1344

it says "if you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to "

he choose to keep proceed the application therefore it was transferred to HKVO although sponsorship wasn't granted.

It was part 1 question 1, the very first question they ask on the form.

https://imgv2-2-f.scribdassets.com/img/document/288279800/original/62c6716418/1455822946

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
benitaagogo said:
I think what happened was on IMM1344

it says "if you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to "

he choose to keep proceed the application therefore it was transferred to HKVO although sponsorship wasn't granted.

It was part 1 question 1, the very first question they ask on the form.

https://imgv2-2-f.scribdassets.com/img/document/288279800/original/62c6716418/1455822946
Very good observation. It would explain this situation and help others who apply in the future. It would suggest that the best thing to do is not to agree to continue because then you can try to fix things before moving on.

Honestly I was thinking the opposite when I filled out the form... Of course I never thought I would not pass SA. The point is anything can happen, and what's the best way to deal with it. From this case we get another perspective.

Whatever the case, one more useful lesson for the fold here. Again I sincerely hope Lucas solves his problem.