+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
Thanks for your advise, did your receive the SA by mail for my email.
Lucas,

I got SA approval via email...it was addressed to me as the sponsor to the email address I filled in as my contact point.

My spouse was supposed to have received AOR2, addressed to her email, as indicated in GCMS notes, but her hotmail auto-deleted it.

These were basically the only 2 communications we got. We never received any more emails (I filled in the form to become her representative, so things would come to me instead). The COPR came directly in the mail to our address.

Anyway, while there is nothing much you can do except wait for notes at this time, as well as visiting your MP to ask for help, now that you know your sponsorship has some issues because of your sponsorship of your parents, you should do some record collection on their history. I am quite sure you will need that information to set yourself right so that you can sponsor again.

Another poster asked if your own personal situation was the reason...whether you are on government assistance during this time...supposedly this would affect sponsorship for your wife. If this is not the reason, then it would be your previous sponsorship.

So I wonder...do you have the file/case number for your parents sponsorship case or their UCI? If yes, perhaps you can request GCMS notes...but this time I suggest that you request actual paper records instead of electronic file. Maybe amongst those files you will find what your breach of sponsorship duties would be. I am assuming that CIC continues to monitor your parents' case, from PR to citizenship to them getting social assistance which would flag their sponsor not taking care of them for at least 10 years. I say again, this is my own guess, so I don't want to get your hopes up.

But what harm could that do...nothing. At this time, more information can only help you. You will need your parents to sign the approval form to release their information, very much the notes you order for your wife's case. Good thing though, as you are all Canadians now, the notes are actually free...doing this is under the provisions of the "Privacy Act" which is slightly different when getting your wife's information who is not yet a Canadian. You can do a web search on "Privacy Act" and "GCMS" to get to the link of how to get notes that way.

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
cicong said:
Does anyone know if COPR sent to mainland is through regular mail or courier/ registered mail?
For the COPR and passport with visa if you include the little extra courier fee in the total fee it goes by EMS (Express Mail Service) courier.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
smoothsailing said:
For the COPR and passport with visa if you include the little extra courier fee in the total fee it goes by EMS (Express Mail Service) courier.
I meant the letter they send u requesting passport.

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
cicong said:
I meant the letter they send u requesting passport.
Oh that letter went to my wife by email.

Best2015

Nov 18, 2015
cathy0127 said:
Thanks for your information. Now I decide to let the visa office continue to processing my application. I will update the Hukou when they ask me to change it. :D
:D :D I will do the same. Wait until they ask for it.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Lucas, I did a search on the situation where sponsorship is not approved but continues to apply. CIC actually has a manual on this, and the document is on-line.

The following section is useful to you. Basically, you should see the actual reason of refusal in your GCMS notes...so hang in there, you will find out the details soon!

------
12.3. Ineligible sponsor chooses to continue with the application

If an ineligible sponsor chooses to continue with the sponsorship application:
• there is no refund of the processing fee if processing of the permanent residence
application has begun.

For applications abroad:
IP 2 Processing Applications to Sponsor Members of the Family Class
2011-02-28 38
• CPC-M downloads the sponsorship information to CAIPS, with an explanation of why
the application to sponsor is “Not Met”. In the case of a spouse, common-law partner,
conjugal partner or dependent children, CPC-M forwards the permanent residence
application to the responsible visa office;
• the sponsor has the right of appeal;
• the sponsored family members may still apply for permanent residence but the visa
office will likely refuse the application because the sponsor does not meet the
requirements.
____

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
Lucas,

I got SA approval via email...it was addressed to me as the sponsor to the email address I filled in as my contact point.

My spouse was supposed to have received AOR2, addressed to her email, as indicated in GCMS notes, but her hotmail auto-deleted it.

These were basically the only 2 communications we got. We never received any more emails (I filled in the form to become her representative, so things would come to me instead). The COPR came directly in the mail to our address.

Anyway, while there is nothing much you can do except wait for notes at this time, as well as visiting your MP to ask for help, now that you know your sponsorship has some issues because of your sponsorship of your parents, you should do some record collection on their history. I am quite sure you will need that information to set yourself right so that you can sponsor again.

Another poster asked if your own personal situation was the reason...whether you are on government assistance during this time...supposedly this would affect sponsorship for your wife. If this is not the reason, then it would be your previous sponsorship.

So I wonder...do you have the file/case number for your parents sponsorship case or their UCI? If yes, perhaps you can request GCMS notes...but this time I suggest that you request actual paper records instead of electronic file. Maybe amongst those files you will find what your breach of sponsorship duties would be. I am assuming that CIC continues to monitor your parents' case, from PR to citizenship to them getting social assistance which would flag their sponsor not taking care of them for at least 10 years. I say again, this is my own guess, so I don't want to get your hopes up.

But what harm could that do...nothing. At this time, more information can only help you. You will need your parents to sign the approval form to release their information, very much the notes you order for your wife's case. Good thing though, as you are all Canadians now, the notes are actually free...doing this is under the provisions of the "Privacy Act" which is slightly different when getting your wife's information who is not yet a Canadian. You can do a web search on "Privacy Act" and "GCMS" to get to the link of how to get notes that way.
Hi Geng,
Thanks so much for your advice.
First of all, I sponsored my mum in 1988 to come to Canada and she already passed away in 1995. She was on her own as I left the country back to HK. I do not know how to track her file. Before I applied my wife, I phoned up there is any debts that I owned the government but they couldnt' find any.
MP is very useful and I encourage every member in this forum to contact them. I email them yesterday and I got reply to meet them today. The MP assistant told me that they can contact the CIC directly and each MP member has 30 minutes each week to inquiry their cases (there are more than 300 MP). CIC would not response to public call but they must answer the MP. I will get the result from my case this week if not next week.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
Lucas, I did a search on the situation where sponsorship is not approved but continues to apply. CIC actually has a manual on this, and the document is on-line.

The following section is useful to you. Basically, you should see the actual reason of refusal in your GCMS notes...so hang in there, you will find out the details soon!

------
12.3. Ineligible sponsor chooses to continue with the application

If an ineligible sponsor chooses to continue with the sponsorship application:
• there is no refund of the processing fee if processing of the permanent residence
application has begun.

For applications abroad:
IP 2 Processing Applications to Sponsor Members of the Family Class
2011-02-28 38
• CPC-M downloads the sponsorship information to CAIPS, with an explanation of why
the application to sponsor is “Not Met”. In the case of a spouse, common-law partner,
conjugal partner or dependent children, CPC-M forwards the permanent residence
application to the responsible visa office;
• the sponsor has the right of appeal;
• the sponsored family members may still apply for permanent residence but the visa
office will likely refuse the application because the sponsor does not meet the
requirements.
____
Hi Cheng,
This is very useful, I will look into it thoroughly.
Lucas

August_EC

May 4, 2013
LANDED..........
28-06-2014
CIC received my documents for outland sponsorship application, does anyone know when can i get the file number? thanks a lot.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
cicong said:
Yea, it appears that only a handful of people have extended wait period. Have you ordered your notes yet? I just ordered mine again for the 3rd time.

I got tired of checking it everyday. So the ppr email is March 29th.
Thanks for your help.

janicelu

Mar 31, 2016
For me, it takes 1 month.

FYI

2015/7/24 Canada post
2015/7/27 CIC received
2015/8/26 AR1
2015/9/28 DM1

August_EC said:
CIC received my documents for outland sponsorship application, does anyone know when can i get the file number? thanks a lot.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
August_EC said:
As sponsor and Canadian or PR, you should have your own UCI. I never knew mine (such a long time ago), so I found out what it is when I got sponsor approval (SA) email. You can use this to log in and see the application side...if it shows up, it means HKVO has gotten the files.

SA comes about 60 days after you submitted your application (both sponsor forms as well as the applicant forms). You will not get any acknowledgment that the package was received. The only way you know CIC received anything is through post office tracking number.

As I said, if you have your own UCI already, you can in fact try eCas and see what shows up. If you do not know your UCI, when you get the SA email, you can see your UCI here, as well as the file number for this application. This is the first time you'll have access to the file number. You can use either one to log into eCas. If you use your own UCI, then you use your details (name, birthday, birth place) but if you use the file number, you must use applicant's details. For us, it was about 2 weeks before I can successfully see my spouse's application side show up. First it only had 2 lines: we received your application on xxx, we started processing your application on xxx

If you did upfront medical, eventually a 3rd line will show up "we received your medicals on xxx". For us, even though we did upfront medical, the 3rd line did not show up immediately, but after another week.

Then your spouse, the applicant, should get his/her own AOR2. Some people say they do not get any AOR2. It looks like HKVO sends them out. Some have called this the "perfection letter", asking to update details such as family composition (got pregnant, for example), any additional info you may wish to provide, etc. Very common one would be to ask you to re-do 5669E saying that the history should go back to 18 years old and not the most recent 10 years. (I've written so many posts on this subject as it was a big problem for us...so just want to help others avoid the problem). Also would be standard things such as submitting medical if you have not done them, as well as police report if you have not submitted them already. Some get asked of plans to relocate if the sponsor is not living in Canada...some are asked very specific things or specific actions for this relocation plan.

It looks like HKVO has picked up its pace recently.
* Day 1 receipt of package at CIC Mississauga
* Around Day 60 get SA (supposed to be shorter now since CIC says everything is 17 months standard)
* Around Day 90 get AOR2

If you have nothing at all except SA, it could be nothing, but it could be something. Like in our case, auto-deleted AOR2. I would order GCMS notes 1 month after SA (if by then AOR2 was not received) to ensure whether AOR2 was sent out and any specific instructions were given.