+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

doradetw

Jan 29, 2016
ErinL said:
Hi guys, I submitted my application in early July 2015, got my DM on Feb 19, 2016. Total wait time is about 7.5 months. HK office is working pretty fast right now.
Congrats !!! Hope mine is coming soon~~~ I submitted in mid July.

cutietal.

Aug 19, 2015
a.lolo said:
I got my first notes in early January and it basically said they had not touched my file at all... even though I emailed to follow up multiple times last year. Since they have received my 2nd medical I am hoping there has been some updates so I order my notes for the 2nd time last week.

Not sure if the delay has anything to do with the fact that I'm in a common-law relationship and not married... no kids either. I've lived with my boyfriend (sponsor) for 4 years since we were still in university. I was on work permit for 3 years after I graduated and had to stop working when my work permit expired last year. Currently I'm in Toronto as a visitor waiting for my PR to come. Sigh
Same here, a.lolo.
I guess HKVO prioritizes "married" applications over "common-law".
My work permit expired last year which forced me to resign and im staying in Toronto now as a visitor.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
ErinL said:
Hi guys, I submitted my application in early July 2015, got my DM on Feb 19, 2016. Total wait time is about 7.5 months. HK office is working pretty fast right now.
First of all Congrats to your DM! May I ask if you apply as a common law or are you guys married? Any kids accompany with your application? And is your spouse holding a mainland passport or from somewhere else? If you feel contend, you don't have to answer these questions, however your answers might help the rest of us who are waiting to have a better understanding of what is actually going on behind the scene.

Thanks!

jetta309

Mar 2, 2016
waiwera:

I am leaving to Canada with my family (my hubby is Canadian Citizen) on May 2016 from Hong Kong. May I ask if I could still apply Outland right now(Early March 2016)? It seems that the processing time is way faster...or I should wait until I am in Canada to apply Inland?

Thanks for your advance!!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jetta309 said:
waiwera:

I am leaving to Canada with my family (my hubby is Canadian Citizen) on May 2016 from Hong Kong. May I ask if I could still apply Outland right now(Early March 2016)? It seems that the processing time is way faster...or I should wait until I am in Canada to apply Inland?

Thanks for your advance!!
You can (and should) apply OUTLAND even when you are already IN Canada. It is much faster process. Being in Canada doesn't mean you cannot apply the OUTLAND application.

Yuapyuap

Jul 30, 2015
Hi everyone,

So here is a brief timeline for my wife's application (outside Cad).

1) Mid Aug - Submit Application
2) End of Oct - Confirmation of becoming an eligible sponsor
3) Beg of Nov - Transfer to HK for further process
4) End of Feb - Received PR Confirmation

What does my wife need to do after landing?

Thanks everyone!!!

ErinL

Feb 29, 2016
JYC said:
First of all Congrats to your DM! May I ask if you apply as a common law or are you guys married? Any kids accompany with your application? And is your spouse holding a mainland passport or from somewhere else? If you feel contend, you don't have to answer these questions, however your answers might help the rest of us who are waiting to have a better understanding of what is actually going on behind the scene.

Thanks!
Hi JYC, I'm more than happy to answer your questions. Me and my husband married in 2013, no kids yet. My husband is Canadian citizen. My husband has a decent job (he's a licensed accountant) and never married which, in my opinion, makes him a good candidate of a sponsor. His sponsor eligibility was confirmed within one month.

Maybe I'm just lucky to get DM within 8 months but I do think I did a good job in terms of preparing the supporting documents. I did have a lawyer to help me with my application, but besides their helps, I spent hours on gathering all the information and documents (even my lawyer is amazed by the job I did :D). We lived together before we got married and I think this is kinda beneficial to my application. I keep all the bills and bank statements and whatever documents that have our shared address since day one we moved together, especially those letters from government (unbeatable evidence :p). I submitted at least one document of each month from each of us. I did not submit too many documents since I don't think the officers would spend a whole day on looking at the pointless documents. Quality is more important than quantity. Same as the pictures. I submitted pictures from different events and one from one event only (except wedding picture).

At the end, I attached our love story, which includes how and where we met, how we fell in love, what kinds of efforts/sacrifices we made for the relationship, how he proposed, and what our future plans are (jobs & kids). This is strongly recommended by my lawyer team because they find it very helpful to spouse sponsorship application.

Hope my answer helps :)

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
ErinL said:
Hi JYC, I'm more than happy to answer your questions.

Hope my answer helps :)
Congrats and thanks for your response ErinL. Canada is a beautiful country and may your life hereafter be filled with happiness and delights.

tofuboi

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-03-2015 AOR2 16-04-2015
File Transfer...
30-03-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2014 2nd - 28-08-2015
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-28-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
cutietal. said:
yes, they did request them in mid-Jan and I sent them at the end of Jan.
Cutetal, I can't believe your still waiting. Hopefully some good news soon...

I just wanted to update that my wife finally did her landing by "flag-polling" at niagara falls. If anyone has any questions regarding this, I'll try my best to answer.

PR card arrived in the mail slightly under 2 months after landing.

leavingchina

Feb 23, 2015
I got DM in ECAS today.

Canadian man sponsoring Mainland Chinese wife, one child, OUTBOUND.

July 15, 2015 - Applied
August 13, 2015 - AOR
August 15, 2015 - Sponsor approval
September 28, 2015 - Application sent to HK visa office
March 3, 2016 - Decision made

No passport request yet! Should my wife be expecting this soon by letter/email?

Ronnn

Nov 26, 2015
Hi all, go over the forum and found I received the email most of you guys/gals received. But I have few questions:

¨ Updated Schedule A: imm5669E. You must declare your personal history from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).
Already submitted the imm5669E when we submit our application like 3 months ago, do we have to redo and update it?

¨ If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.
Anyone know how long it takes for police to prepare this certificate?