+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Jbguerchuk said:
Interview on March 1,2016... Anyone can help and give me idea how to aprove my spouse interview? Do my husband need to travel from Canada to Hong kong to be with me for interview???
And what will happen after interview?? They ask me to bring my passport and documents that not yet submited.Only document I know that not yet submitted is only Police Clearance in Hong Kong.
Thank you!
Did they tell you that through email?

And no, I don't think your husband needs to travel to HK to go with you. Besides, I'm not sure if they will allow him to be in the same room during the interview.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jbguerchuk said:
Interview on March 1,2016... Anyone can help and give me idea how to aprove my spouse interview? Do my husband need to travel from Canada to Hong kong to be with me for interview???
And what will happen after interview?? They ask me to bring my passport and documents that not yet submited.Only document I know that not yet submitted is only Police Clearance in Hong Kong.
Thank you!
The experiences vary here, some requested and were allowed to be interviewed with their spouses, some were interviewed separately, for others only the PA got interviewed (most cases), so its hard to say, its pretty much up to the interviewing officer.
What they mean is you need to bring your ID docs and any further supporting evidence you would like to be added to your case, and you should definitely use this opportunity to bring such as communication history since the application was filed, any trips taken together, anything you can think of which can prove your relationship is genuine because that's what it is going to be about - proving your marriage is real.
You can take a look at the "Interview Questions" sheet in this google doc to have an idea what kind of questions youmay be asked: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FAYZyQgud1lzp7fM28i2O8ZrfbMAxdTc_t7_fiwI6ak/edit#gid=658388151

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Jbguerchuk said:
Thank you!
Agree with sashali78. It is only 2 weeks notice but if your husband is able to get there I think it is a bonus and you need any bonus you can get. I had plans on rushing over there if my wife was requested an interview as that bonus could be the extra reason to pass you. Maybe in the original application you held back on sending too many photos but here is your chance to bring along some more important ones and other persuasive evidence of your relationship that you wish you had sent before. And if your husband visited you since the original application you should have more photos, tickets etc to add that CIC has never seen. There is also a long interview thread at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/prepare-an-interview-t3109.0.html

Jbguerchuk

Nov 18, 2015
Hong kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 19,2015
AOR Received.
July 18,2015
File Transfer...
August 17,2015
Med's Done....
Upfront -April 16,2015
Interview........
March 1,2016 refusal letter after 2days; appeal March16 (Vancouver)
cicong said:
Did they tell you that through email?

And no, I don't think your husband needs to travel to HK to go with you. Besides, I'm not sure if they will allow him to be in the same room during the interview.
Thank you so much! Big help ☺

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
smoothsailing said:
Agree with sashali78. It is only 2 weeks notice but if your husband is able to get there I think it is a bonus and you need any bonus you can get. I had plans on rushing over there if my wife was requested an interview as that bonus could be the extra reason to pass you. Maybe in the original application you held back on sending too many photos but here is your chance to bring along some more important ones and other persuasive evidence of your relationship that you wish you had sent before. And if your husband visited you since the original application you should have more photos, tickets etc to add that CIC has never seen. There is also a long interview thread at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/prepare-an-interview-t3109.0.html
When my wife received her AOR2 email right before the chinese new year requested her an updated version of the IMM 5669, I submitted more plane tickets and pictures of me and my parents traveling from canada to spend this chinese new yr in Hong Kong with her and her family. In addition I also booked my next trip and print out the ticket to show that I will be visiting at least 2-3 times this year. Not sure if this will help to waive an interview but if my wife is called in for an interview, I will fly back to help her case too.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
JYC said:
When my wife received her AOR2 email right before the chinese new year requested her an updated version of the IMM 5669, I submitted more plane tickets and pictures of me and my parents traveling from canada to spend this chinese new yr in Hong Kong with her and her family. In addition I also booked my next trip and print out the ticket to show that I will be visiting at least 2-3 times this year. Not sure if this will help to waive an interview but if my wife is called in for an interview, I will fly back to help her case too.
Have they notified her to (re)do her medical?

Just curious, did you put your application in the 14-15 Hong Kong timeline spreadsheet?

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
JYC said:
no

I will add myself to the spreadsheet, thx.
I see. My wife received that email as well, probably on the same date as yours did. Since her medical would expire in the next 10 days, I sent them a message asking if she needed to redo her medical. The next day they sent her a request to redo the medical with a pre-completed form.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
cicong said:
I see. My wife received that email as well, probably on the same date as yours did. Since her medical would expire in the next 10 days, I sent them a message asking if she needed to redo her medical. The next day they sent her a request to redo the medical with a pre-completed form.
I read your earlier post, it is unfortunate that it will take that long to receive that email, hopefully they will bring your file up to speed and you will get a DM soon.

flashwere

Aug 8, 2015
Visa Office......: Hong Kong
Med's Done....: 28-05-2015
App. Filed.......: 22-06-2015
AOR Received.: 24-07-2015
Spons Apprvd.: 24-08-2015
File Transfer...: 27-08-2015 AOR2
Interview........: waived
Notes ............:19-01-2016 Recommend passed
Decision made.:18-02-2016 CIC website
Passport Req..: 19-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...: Will send in 22nd
LANDED..........: 7-April-2016

littlemeatball

Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2015
AOR Received.
24-07-2015; AOR2 27-08-2015
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
We submitted our application on the same date you did, so far, since AOR2 we haven't heard a word from the CIC. Our ECAS shows last update on 12/15/2015...getting really worried and nervous.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
littlemeatball said:
We submitted our application on the same date you did, so far, since AOR2 we haven't heard a word from the CIC. Our ECAS shows last update on 12/15/2015...getting really worried and nervous.
Don't be. I sent ours a few months before his dates and SA in May, and just recently got AOR2. Ridiculous? Yes. Anything we can do about it? Nothing really.

You should order your notes. I just ordered mine for the second time.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
JYC said:
I read your earlier post, it is unfortunate that it will take that long to receive that email, hopefully they will bring your file up to speed and you will get a DM soon.
Yes, indeed. Perhaps because I sent the app in a box with files thicker than the thickest textbooks you've seen, nobody wanted to touch it??? :-X

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
cicong said:
I did not. A few weeks ago I asked my MP (but his assistance did it for me) to call them and ask what is going on. She simply called a hotline and received a standard response that we can already view online. In fact, they told her the wait can be up to 17 months (based on the newest processing time displayed on the website), so she said "sorry, that's all we can do at this point" - which of course is useless. Did you order your notes yet? When is the due date?
About getting MP's help...those who read my previous postings would know that in our case, we missed the original email asking for updated IM 5669 (18 year old history, not last 10 years). I knew it only through GCMS notes which came February (which meant 3 months delay), and immediately updated it, sent it in via case specific inquiry upload as well as physical mail follow-up. I also asked my MP to help to make sure there is someone prodding HKVO that we responded.

Well, the MP came back with the standard response of 17 months for typical applications, but did tell me that the applicant's eligibility review was passed today and is now on queue for security check.

Of course, nothing updated in eCas (in fact my SA still shows in process), but at least it shows my case was not closed due to the delay and it has in fact progressed.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
cheng9999 said:
About getting MP's help...those who read my previous postings would know that in our case, we missed the original email asking for updated IM 5669 (18 year old history, not last 10 years). I knew it only through GCMS notes which came February (which meant 3 months delay), and immediately updated it, sent it in via case specific inquiry upload as well as physical mail follow-up. I also asked my MP to help to make sure there is someone prodding HKVO that we responded.

Well, the MP came back with the standard response of 17 months for typical applications, but did tell me that the applicant's eligibility review was passed today and is now on queue for security check.

Of course, nothing updated in eCas (in fact my SA still shows in process), but at least it shows my case was not closed due to the delay and it has in fact progressed.
The hotline the MPs call basically looks at the GCMS notes, which would have cost us $5 and a 30-day wait.