+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
i just realized how expensive this medical check is, now that we have paid TWICE -thats ¥3400 RMB - over $700 CAD. what a rip off

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Sorry about that. I realized that cost differ from one country/panel physician to another!My friend who did it recently paid about 250$
back on what we were talking before regarding remedical, I got this comment from one member called ''white lion and I am quite sure the reason of this was the medical.

''Thanks.
Before AVO issue the visa they have call my wife and ask her if she could travel before FEB 29. She said yes and they have issue the visa the next day. The visa is valid until Feb29 2016''

I still lazy to search other people who mentioned getting their visas a few weeks/months after medical expirartions.(within last 2 months). :-[

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
cicong said:
i just realized how expensive this medical check is, now that we have paid TWICE -thats ¥3400 RMB - over $700 CAD. what a rip off

Better than nothing. I haven't hear anything from them yet. Congrats on the med requests

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hey all Hong Kong applicants. Just wondering if there is any one who submitted their app before April who hasn't hear anything yet?

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
tryee said:
Hey all Hong Kong applicants. Just wondering if there is any one who submitted their app before April who hasn't hear anything yet?
I see on the spreadsheet that they requested additional dependent info from you back in June. So they have in fact opened and checked your file. It could be delayed due to your incomplete files. Are you sure there is nothing from CIC in your email spam box?

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
cicong said:
I see on the spreadsheet that they requested additional dependent info from you back in June. So they have in fact opened and checked your file. It could be delayed due to your incomplete files. Are you sure there is nothing from CIC in your email spam box?

Nope. Nothing yet. They should be updating ecas as well if they send me something. getting frustrated seeing whoever send the file after me getting respond from cic.

Rihao

Jul 4, 2013
Hi,

I am wondering for common law application in HK, should I submit a translation of HuKou? I am living in Canada as a student and my parents are away for a while. I have it in Chinese version. Should I submit it first, and wait for AOR2 and then submit translation? thanks!!!

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
tryee said:
Nope. Nothing yet. They should be updating ecas as well if they send me something. getting frustrated seeing whoever send the file after me getting respond from cic.
They sent her an email requesting standard update as well as a second email with attachment for re-doing medicals, but ecas has not been updated to reflect that. I agree with you and strongly believe that they should start to process files on a first come first serve basis, but it seems they can do whatever they want.

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Rihao said:
Hi,

I am wondering for common law application in HK, should I submit a translation of HuKou? I am living in Canada as a student and my parents are away for a while. I have it in Chinese version. Should I submit it first, and wait for AOR2 and then submit translation? thanks!!!
Translations of everything not English or French should be made before sending in the application. The delay in sending the whole application because of suddenly realizing you need translations is going to be a lot less than waiting for CIC to inevitably require the translations. Reread every form and every instruction and checklist 3 times and be sure before sending in. Quote from Guide 3999 in the "What Happens Next?" section ...

Factors that may delay processing

The following factors may delay the processing of your application:

missing signature on application forms
unclear photocopies of documents
documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation
verification of information and documents provided
a medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations
a criminal or security problem
consultation is required with other offices in Canada and abroad

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Rihao said:
Hi,

I answered this above but I noticed something after checking you previous posts. Just yesterday you made a post asking what kind of fees you must pay, and then today you announced that you would be sending in the application tomorrow. By the evidence that you just found out about fees and now translations, I think you are not well enough prepared. While taking the few days to get the translations you should take a deep breath, slow down and take 15 or 20 hours of scouring through every form and instruction guide and every document you are including, and be super-sure you have done everything correctly and completely. I knew about the fees and translations a few weeks before our application went in. Try reading through a few dozen pages of this forum. People here have been very careful in their applications and still there were delays or they made mistakes or omissions. Luckily my and my wife's application went smoothly and relatively quickly. Don't rush it. Spend another couple of weeks now to save a few months of possible delays in this very important process in your lives. Good luck.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
Rihao said:
Hi,

Hukou should be translated and "notarized" , like smoothsailing said, don't rush, otherwise you may live in regrets. You should gather every documents as required and carefully look through the guide and follow the instructions before submitting a incomplete application, this is not school assignment.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
cicong said:
They sent her an email requesting standard update as well as a second email with attachment for re-doing medicals, but ecas has not been updated to reflect that. I agree with you and strongly believe that they should start to process files on a first come first serve basis, but it seems they can do whatever they want.
Did you send emails to rush them or anything at all?

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
tryee said:
Did you send emails to rush them or anything at all?
I did not. A few weeks ago I asked my MP (but his assistance did it for me) to call them and ask what is going on. She simply called a hotline and received a standard response that we can already view online. In fact, they told her the wait can be up to 17 months (based on the newest processing time displayed on the website), so she said "sorry, that's all we can do at this point" - which of course is useless. Did you order your notes yet? When is the due date?

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
cicong said:
I did not. A few weeks ago I asked my MP (but his assistance did it for me) to call them and ask what is going on. She simply called a hotline and received a standard response that we can already view online. In fact, they told her the wait can be up to 17 months (based on the newest processing time displayed on the website), so she said "sorry, that's all we can do at this point" - which of course is useless. Did you order your notes yet? When is the due date?

No. Didn't order any notes. We are on our holiday. Will order notes when we go back home.

Jbguerchuk

Nov 18, 2015
Hong kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 19,2015
AOR Received.
July 18,2015
File Transfer...
August 17,2015
Med's Done....
Upfront -April 16,2015
Interview........
March 1,2016 refusal letter after 2days; appeal March16 (Vancouver)
Interview on March 1,2016... Anyone can help and give me idea how to aprove my spouse interview? Do my husband need to travel from Canada to Hong kong to be with me for interview???
And what will happen after interview?? They ask me to bring my passport and documents that not yet submited.Only document I know that not yet submitted is only Police Clearance in Hong Kong.
Thank you!