+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
I am also curious, can I drop off the document directly to the VO office or does it have to be mailed in.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
our medical just expired a few days ago, do we have to redo it? the AOR2 said they will forward medical instructions if required, and we have not received it in the email..

doradetw

Jan 29, 2016
cheng9999 said:
If you read the form, it still says 18 years or 10 years, whichever one is more recent. But if you actually follow that, there is a risk. Actually other people pointed it out too...some do not have any problems, but many get asked to fill in more information. That's what kept me worrying afterwards, but our eCas did not show "we sent you correspondence..." as many people have in their eCas.

Sigh...it's one of those things. In our case, it was not much effort to write more, but the last single activity for my wife was 15 years, and we only wrote that. Actually in the other section regarding education, she was in school so you can even say it is quite obvious what she was actually doing before that.

It satisfied the requirement, but they wanted more, and want the information in the section they want it.

In your case, you got your email and you can submit this very easily and quickly. In my case, it is a 3 month delay hopefully with no negative impact to the case.

Again, sharing this so other readers will know...just avoid any hassles and write the history to the fullest.
Totally agree with you!!! I submit nearly everything that listed in the e-mail even though I sent those at the very begining. I just did not want to take the risk to delay my case.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cicong said:
our medical just expired a few days ago, do we have to redo it? the AOR2 said they will forward medical instructions if required, and we have not received it in the email..
If your medicals have already expired, you better redo them. When your eligibility will be assessed and assuming it is positive, your file will be put on hold until they receive your new medicals. This can delay your process by another couple of months easily.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
cicong said:
It is always good to wait until they ask you to do remed,in a few cases , no remed equested even if medical were expired.I heard that they have power to exted them for some situations.I am not sure in which ones.My medical expired too and I am waiting.However once you get remed instructions I saw people who get PPR 2-3 weeks after doing remed. when for others wait for months.remed its self can not delay your file for a month unless the ones sending them did not do their job as supposed.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
lonelyguy said:
It is always good to wait until they ask you to do remed,in a few cases , no remed equested even if medical were expired.I heard that they have power to exted them for some situations.I am not sure in which ones.My medical expired too and I am waiting.However once you get remed instructions I saw people who get PPR 2-3 weeks after doing remed. when for others wait for months.remed its self can not delay your file for a month unless the ones sending them did not do their job as supposed.
Usually the hospital sends the report to the government electronically, so usually it only takes a few days. I just sent a case-specific question to HKVO about this; let's see how long they take to respond this time.

dlee_ca

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015/05
AOR Received.
2015/07
File Transfer...
2015/09
Med's Done....
2015/08
VISA ISSUED...
2016/02
LANDED..........
2016/06
CoPR received today, thank you everyone who gave me comments and information.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lonelyguy said:
No, it is not good to wait until they ask if your medicals already expired. They used to extend the medicals before but that operational bulletin expired and they do not extend any longer. You wait - you delay your process.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dlee_ca said:
CoRP received today, thank you everyone who gave me comments and information.
Congrats, good to hear that review worked out for you. You applied on May right? What date did you receive AOR2?

dlee_ca

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015/05
AOR Received.
2015/07
File Transfer...
2015/09
Med's Done....
2015/08
VISA ISSUED...
2016/02
LANDED..........
2016/06
sashali78 said:
Congrats, good to hear that review worked out for you. You applied on May right? What date did you receive AOR2?
Yes, applied in May and AOR2 dated on Sep 18, 2015.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
sashali78 said:
No, it is not good to wait until they ask if your medicals already expired. They used to extend the medicals before but that operational bulletin expired and they do not extend any longer. You wait - you delay your process.
Alright, they just sent us an email requesting re-medical. Due to it being Chinese New Year, she won't be able to do it for another 10 days when the clinic opens.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cicong said:
Alright, they just sent us an email requesting re-medical. Due to it being Chinese New Year, she won't be able to do it for another 10 days when the clinic opens.
And now you see how it was not a good idea to wait... Good luck and happy new year

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
cicong said:
On the positive side, this is evidence they have been looking at her file finally. :)

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
sashali78 said:
You missunderstood my comment my dear, they do not ask if the medical expired.They know that medical expired. I said that they instruct to redo medical.and it is better to wait until they instruct to do it.I know some recent cases where 2 weeks after doing remedical PPR came in.I also know others that dates more than 6 month where remed and PPR came same time.Who told you that they no longer extend medical.I prefer not to say anything than I give wrong info to anyone. as I write this.I know 2 people whom medical expired and they submitted passports within last weeks.one of them got a call and was given a deadline to land(before February 20th),as I write she is wondering how they still have not yet passport back when medical expired a few days after she sent the passport.let's try to help eachother I can not know everything aout how this CIC works. but I also don't like if some1 give wrong info.all the ebst to all of us. :)