+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

doradetw

Jan 29, 2016
cheng9999 said:
Thanks for sharing "doradetw". Reason why I am concerned we would miss something is that we realized my wife's hotmail auto deleted many incoming emails, possibly ones from CIC. (I applied for her eTA just in case we would travel over during the summer should the application not go through by that time so that our kids can start the school year...but the eTA went straight to the trash folder, not even stopping at the SPAM folder...luckily it stayed in trash for a day before being auto-deleted.) Our e-Cas does not show a line saying "we sent you blah blah blah....", as some have said shows up in their e-Cas, but still I am concerned. Does your e-Cas have a line stating CIC asked on whatever date for you to submit additional information?

GCMS notes are supposed to show up a few days ago, but delayed so I cannot see if there was any action by CIC for information request...don't want to miss their deadlines, as you say there's only 30 days to respond. May I ask, what kind of information did CIC ask you to submit?--we did everything upfront, medical, police report, so I cannot imagine what additional information CIC would ask, but hate to miss any request from them. Thanks again.
Hi Cheng,

I am using hotmail as my contact e-mail. The e-mail from HKVO did not go into JUNK. Howver, I will still check my junk mail every single day just in case. Please see my time lines in e-Cas for you reference,
------
1.We received your application for permanent residence on July 17, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on September 21, 2015.
3.We sent you medical instructions on October 2, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4.Medical results have been received.
------

My medical exam expired before my case got deliverd to HKVO. I think it's the reason why I got the e-mail from HKVO. I am not sure if they will send this e-mail to every case. Please see below first few lines of the e-mail,

---------
This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprises two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review.

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependants, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

¨ You are required to do a medical exam if you have not yet done so or your medical exam results will expire within the next 120 days. Medical instruction forms will be sent to you separately if required.

¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.

¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport.

For the principal applicant and all dependants 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

¨ Updated Schedule A

¨ If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

For the principal applicant:

¨ If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office.
For all dependant children:

¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate issued by the PRC Ministry of Health (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted).

---------

The first part is the most important one, that give me chance to update my medical exam. The medical exam form was sent right after this e-mail. Other than medical exam, I also send the new police note and house hold registration again. The second part is just general informations.

Hope you will receive the GCMS soon or DM even better!!!

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
doradetw said:
Hi Cheng,

I am using hotmail as my contact e-mail. The e-mail from HKVO did not go into JUNK. Howver, I will still check my junk mail every single day just in case. Please see my time lines in e-Cas for you reference,
------
1.We received your application for permanent residence on July 17, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on September 21, 2015.
3.We sent you medical instructions on October 2, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4.Medical results have been received.
------

My medical exam expired before my case got deliverd to HKVO. I think it's the reason why I got the e-mail from HKVO. I am not sure if they will send this e-mail to every case. Please see below first few lines of the e-mail,

---------
This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprises two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review.

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependants, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

¨ You are required to do a medical exam if you have not yet done so or your medical exam results will expire within the next 120 days. Medical instruction forms will be sent to you separately if required.

¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.

¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport.

For the principal applicant and all dependants 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

¨ Updated Schedule A

¨ If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

For the principal applicant:

¨ If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office.
For all dependant children:

¨ If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a notarized copy of the original hospital birth certificate issued by the PRC Ministry of Health (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted).

---------

The first part is the most important one, that give me chance to update my medical exam. The medical exam form was sent right after this e-mail. Other than medical exam, I also send the new police note and house hold registration again. The second part is just general informations.

Hope you will receive the GCMS soon or DM even better!!!
Thanks Doradetw.

My wife never got any emails, and similar information was sent originally in my SA approval letter (PDF attachment in email)...saying my dependent should get medical done if not already, and pay the fee if it has not been paid.

Then in eCas, things showed up (looking at it through my sponsorship side)...

1. We received XXX's application for permanent residence on August 4, 2015.
2. We started processing XXX's application on October 26, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

Lines 1 and 2 showed up early November once my wife's case was "active" in the system...previously it was only my sponsorship case that was active in eCas, then a week or so later, line #3 showed up. She did her medical upfront right before we sent in the application, so it would appear to have automatically transferred without any problems.

Appreciate you sharing your particular case...my wife may not have received anything because CIC has everything so far. Hopefully GCMS will confirm if this is true...at least see if there are any potential issues for us to clear up proactively.

Yes, hope we all get DM soon.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Just wondering if anyone knows how long do they usually give you before you have to land in Canada if you were to receive the COPR. Thanks

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
cicong said:
Just wondering if anyone knows how long do they usually give you before you have to land in Canada if you were to receive the COPR. Thanks
It is usually until the expiry date of the medical. That is our case too as my wife just got her COPR this weekend and has still 3 months to land. Maybe there is a maximum if the medical expiry is many months away.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
smoothsailing said:
It is usually until the expiry date of the medical. That is our case too as my wife just got her COPR this weekend and has still 3 months to land. Maybe there is a maximum if the medical expiry is many months away.
I see. Our file was transferred to HK in June 2015 and still haven't heard anything back. Her medical just expired, guess she will have to go re-do it? Or is there a simplified process for renewing medical without going through the entire medical process again?

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
cicong said:
I see. Our file was transferred to HK in June 2015 and still haven't heard anything back. Her medical just expired, guess she will have to go re-do it? Or is there a simplified process for renewing medical without going through the entire medical process again?
Oh your spreadsheet entry says April 7 for the medical so I was thinking she had time. But if it expired or is imminently expiring they ask for a whole new medical and have the request in an email to bring to the doctor. If they are asking for a new medical at least you know they are looking at her file seriously.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
smoothsailing said:
Oh your spreadsheet entry says April 7 for the medical so I was thinking she had time. But if it expired or is imminently expiring they ask for a whole new medical and have the request in an email to bring to the doctor. If they are asking for a new medical at least you know they are looking at her file seriously.
yea, good call. i made a mistake in the spreadsheet :( hopefully when they request a new one, it will mean they actually started to look at the file and not have it piled under a stash in the hallway near the bathroom

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
cheng9999 said:
Thanks Doradetw.

My wife never got any emails, and similar information was sent originally in my SA approval letter (PDF attachment in email)...saying my dependent should get medical done if not already, and pay the fee if it has not been paid.

Then in eCas, things showed up (looking at it through my sponsorship side)...

1. We received XXX's application for permanent residence on August 4, 2015.
2. We started processing XXX's application on October 26, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

Lines 1 and 2 showed up early November once my wife's case was "active" in the system...previously it was only my sponsorship case that was active in eCas, then a week or so later, line #3 showed up. She did her medical upfront right before we sent in the application, so it would appear to have automatically transferred without any problems.

Appreciate you sharing your particular case...my wife may not have received anything because CIC has everything so far. Hopefully GCMS will confirm if this is true...at least see if there are any potential issues for us to clear up proactively.

Yes, hope we all get DM soon.
Worst case happened...GCMS notes arrived, and apparently something came in November, and the hotmail account deleted it automatically. Basically the standard list which we submitted already, but IMM5669E wants history up to 18 years old...we had up to year 2000 which is not quite 18 years old. Yikes...only thing we can do is fill up the updated form, upload via case-specific inquiry and send off the form via EMS. I wish it would show up in eCas saying something was sent...we would never know if I did not order GCMS notes.

dlee_ca

Jan 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2015/05
AOR Received.
2015/07
File Transfer...
2015/09
Med's Done....
2015/08
VISA ISSUED...
2016/02
LANDED..........
2016/06
cheng9999 said:
Worst case happened...GCMS notes arrived, and apparently something came in November, and the hotmail account deleted it automatically. Basically the standard list which we submitted already, but IMM5669E wants history up to 18 years old...we had up to year 2000 which is not quite 18 years old. Yikes...only thing we can do is fill up the updated form, upload via case-specific inquiry and send off the form via EMS. I wish it would show up in eCas saying something was sent...we would never know if I did not order GCMS notes.
Not too bad, at least you have found the reason.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
dlee_ca said:
Not too bad, at least you have found the reason.
True, but the hard way...my wife is not as IT savvy, and I do not read her emails to respect her privacy...well, things fell through the cracks this time.

It's frustrating where the case stands now, as it's just over 90 days instead of the 30 days...who knows if HKVO closes the file. I am going to ask MP to help probe the case, to see if it's still alive. If I order GCMS notes, I'll have to do it at least a week or 2 from now in order for them to reflect the receipt of the information I submitted...then another 30+ days. Chances are HKVO will not send anything acknowledging receipt of updated information, so waiting so long to find out if everything is ok would be too risky.

Sharing this here so others will not repeat such mistakes.

doradetw

Jan 29, 2016
cheng9999 said:
True, but the hard way...my wife is not as IT savvy, and I do not read her emails to respect her privacy...well, things fell through the cracks this time.

It's frustrating where the case stands now, as it's just over 90 days instead of the 30 days...who knows if HKVO closes the file. I am going to ask MP to help probe the case, to see if it's still alive. If I order GCMS notes, I'll have to do it at least a week or 2 from now in order for them to reflect the receipt of the information I submitted...then another 30+ days. Chances are HKVO will not send anything acknowledging receipt of updated information, so waiting so long to find out if everything is ok would be too risky.

Sharing this here so others will not repeat such mistakes.
Dear Cheng,

Sorry to hear that~~ Thank goodness that you have ordered the GCMS note. Hope they can retrive your case and back on track.

I just found out this website recently and heard about GCMS note for the first time. I am going to order one as well just in case. All the best!!!

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
doradetw said:
Dear Cheng,

Sorry to hear that~~ Thank goodness that you have ordered the GCMS note. Hope they can retrive your case and back on track.

I just found out this website recently and heard about GCMS note for the first time. I am going to order one as well just in case. All the best!!!
Optimistically, HKVO probably did not close the file yet...it did not show that on the GCMS notes which showed the situation as of Dec 30. I did see in this forum that someone waited over 1 year, ordered the notes and found out that the VO sent request for information but was not received. In this case, the time was very long and the case was closed.

Nothing I can do except wait...I sent the update via 3 different ways just so HKVO can get it.

For those who do not know about GCMS notes, I would suggest that they order it...it's the only thing that shows real direct information about the case. Costs only 5 CND...I believe a Canadian citizen must be the one to order it if he is not living in Canada.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
So, i just received an email from the HK Visa office. It reads,

"This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review."

Does anyone know if this is a standard letter? Among many other items, it asks me to submit "Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669)". Do we have to provide another schedule A if one was submitted already with the application months ago?

Thanks!

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
cicong said:
So, i just received an email from the HK Visa office. It reads,

"This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review."

Does anyone know if this is a standard letter? Among many other items, it asks me to submit "Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669)". Do we have to provide another schedule A if one was submitted already with the application months ago?

Thanks!
In our case HKVO wanted updated IMM5669 to have the status up to 18 years old, not past 10 years. We did not get the email, and only read it in the GCMS notes what that email should have looked like...it would have added after IMM5669 that you need to write the history up to 18 years old.

Not sure what it is for you, but this is what held us up. Suggest you check what you wrote originally and see if there are gaps.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
cheng9999 said:
In our case HKVO wanted updated IMM5669 to have the status up to 18 years old, not past 10 years. We did not get the email, and only read it in the GCMS notes what that email should have looked like...it would have added after IMM5669 that you need to write the history up to 18 years old.

Not sure what it is for you, but this is what held us up. Suggest you check what you wrote originally and see if there are gaps.
They must have JUST RECENTLY changed the requirement. Their application instructions stated that "Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent." And now they are going back to require all those previously applied to provide data from age of 18 - that is so ridiculous.