+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Sukiki

Jul 24, 2020
Sukki I have a few questions. Why wasnt the police certificate included in the application? My wife is Chinese and we included it with the application. Also are you from HK? What is your timeline? Share any experience you have heard of others being transferred to HK. Thanks.
Per the application instructions, Hong Kong applicants can only obtain a police certificate after Canadian immigration issues a letter to request it from the Hong Kong police. Even after requesting it, the police will send the certificate directly to Canadian immigration. The applicants won't be able to see the actual certificate. I think the "country" specific documents for Hong Kong is a little different.

My spouse and I are both living in HK. As for our timeline:

Application received: 20 Jul 2020
AOR: 18 Dec 2020
Biometric request: 28 Jan 2021
Sponsor approved & file transfer to HK: 28 Jan 2021

Since we are still at a very early stage in the process, we don't know what to expect yet. Heard they are expediting applications from HK but I am not very sure if that's actually happening or not. Right now we are stuck at the police certificate part anyway, if anyone know any tips to make an appointment that would help greatly.

Many thanks!

Reactions: armoured

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Ahh, thanks. Your timeline very close to mine. June 24th received.
aor dec 4
bil, medical,sa, Jan 14-16th
medical and bil passed
Jan 27 file transferred to HK.
Current status APPLICATION RECEIVED.

As far as next its the background check and evaluating the relationship.

I have heard HK sometimes background checks can take only a few days and others months. All dependa if they go to ss which is security screening.(I just learnt about that). From what I hear whats next if all is smooth is pre arrival. Any update or info you have I greatly appreciate.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hi all,

Just got the email requesting for biometrics, police certificate and file being transferred to HK. We applied Outland with file received 20 Jul 2020.

We have made the appointment for biometrics with no problems at all but we were not able to make an appointment for the police certificate as their quota is full for the next 30 days! Walk ins will not be accepted. How am I suppose to make the appointment with HK police? Any tips or tricks anyone can share? We have tried both online and called their Hotline

TIA
No appointments for the police certificate ..... Doesn't surprise me.
After you receive confirmation your file is in the HK consulate, send them a webform
explaining the delays/issues. They will already know this but you should keep them in the
loop regarding your application. ( Make sure you send webform to the HK office ).

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
She got an email with a letter from HK saying they have her application. Ecas still says Application received. I have a feeling it will change very soon. Someone told me once you get that letter they start processing.