+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Wish I knew if meant its processing now. Aor1 instantly went to processing, and Im sure this means its going to processing

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Wish I knew if meant its processing now. Aor1 instantly went to processing, and Im sure this means its going to processing
"Processing" itself is one of those terms that doesn't mean a lot.

But as the AOR2 letter itself likely said (vaguely), they've 'created the file' (in office), and likely put it in queue and/or assigned to an officer (who will have many files).

It still probably doesn't tell you much about how long it may take, but all steps forward are good.

Reactions: leitian

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Yah, this stated they received her application and it was in HK. So does this mean it could still be awhile before in processing? I guess I can check ecas occasionally.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yah, this stated they received her application and it was in HK. So does this mean it could still be awhile before in processing? I guess I can check ecas occasionally.
I would ignore the 'in processing' flag - it's all part of processing and we don't know exaclty what those flags mean. (Changes seem to mean something but we don't know exactly what - just that 'something happened')

Getting AOR2 is 'something happened' too. It's all good. But it does not tell you exactly when it will all be done. Be happy another step done. What happens next is dependent on how fast HK is working and the queue in front of you.

Reactions: dw33

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Will ecas or gckeys change when processing background start?
In my experience, nothing changes in gckey (except for correspondence) until the visa/copr are issued.

I can't say about ecas - was never able to get in - but from others' reports here, not in a useful way - it may change but won't tell you anything specific.

Checking 28 times a day definitely helps though. [joking]