+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Do you mind sharing your update timeline? I'm curious how long after pre-arrival letter your got DM, and the time after DM how long until you got the PR. Thanks for sharing!
every case is different. If you want to know mine, check my signature, 9 months after pre-arrival and no DM yet.But it definitely does not mean it will take you for 9 months or more as well.

CDRom

Jan 11, 2020
No, that is not procedural fairness which would be one step before fully denial. This is just to ask you provide intent that an abroad Canadian citizen who sponsors his/her spouse for Canadian PR to prove that they both would return to Canada to live if PR is approved for spouse.
Thanks for your reply. I responded already, in fact I live in Canada. Possibly they didn't see enough to show I am actually living there. I have provided my residential bills, statements, car lease and work payrolls. I supposed that's supportive enough to show I live here. Looking at it on the bright side, we just received the invitation to pre-arrival services. Hopefully that's some good news!

Mglhunter

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Any news from HK guys. How long after AOR2 letter will someone get a communication from them? There has been nothing since 13Dec 19

Jamesdee

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Any news from HK guys. How long after AOR2 letter will someone get a communication from them? There has been nothing since 13Dec 19
After receiving AOR2 from HK the next message for us was document request 2 weeks later.
Remember there is holiday time that will slow things down a little. Xmas, New years, Spring Festival. etc.
OMG...... Too much snow here !

CDRom

Jan 11, 2020
After receiving AOR2 from HK the next message for us was document request 2 weeks later.
Remember there is holiday time that will slow things down a little. Xmas, New years, Spring Festival. etc.
just curious, what is the indication of AOR2? I only recall receiving it once, and that's when the file's been passed to HKVO. In between then and now, we have been asked to provide additional info as well as additional proof. The wait is so long...

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
just curious, what is the indication of AOR2? I only recall receiving it once, and that's when the file's been passed to HKVO. In between then and now, we have been asked to provide additional info as well as additional proof. The wait is so long...
AOR2 is message from IRCC confirming your application has been forwarded to the visa office in HK
for further processing.

Mglhunter

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Thanks man, yes we have provided the additional info request, it came with aor2. Since then according to people we should be getting pre arrival etc.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hey guys.

So my application has been forwarded to HK VO on Jan 15th, 2020, and as of today, my ECAS status changed from "in progress" to "application received". Does anyone know what the change indicates?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey guys.

So my application has been forwarded to HK VO on Jan 15th, 2020, and as of today, my ECAS status changed from "in progress" to "application received". Does anyone know what the change indicates?
it indicates what it says ("in progress")

floppydisk

Sep 5, 2019
Hi guys,

Have a couple of questions and I think many of you may have came across it already in your journey thus hope to save me some little time searching for answers and I thank you and much appreciate it beforehand.!!

I'm at the stage of preparing the required additional information as per request by the IRCC. 3 things collectively and they are:

1. Revised Schedule A to include my spouse's previous address when she reached 18 of age
2. Hong Kong Police No Criminal Certificate
3. Credible Evidence of our plan to move to Canada

Questions:

1. I understand the process for applying the CNCC from the HK Police, however do believe they will mail it directly to the HK Canadian Embassy in Quarry Bay. There's a upload button / section particularly for this, those who came across did you upload the receipt from the HK Police or a self written letter indicating the process has been completed and it will be mailed directly with a lead time of 4 weeks?

2. Whilst the 'Additional Information' letter by the IRCC request to use only 1 method to provide the information i.e WebForm or GCKey. I only see 2 available buttons for uploading (Schedule A & Police Certificate respectively). Not sure if anyone here have came across my situation with regards to the required information but for those who have did you combined the 'Credible Evidence(s)' with Schedule A for the upload i.e. a zip file containing a cover letter + the contents?

Much appreciate this and thank you in advance, cheers and happy Chinese New Year ahead to all.!!