+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Police Certificate

Monie

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
So a few of us Sept applicants got the pcc and HKPF already confirmed they have mailed it out to CPC Sydney at the end of January but when we all contacted Sydney and also HKVO they said they did not receive it. Sydney now says to contact HKVO as file is now transferred. HKVO says PCC mailed to Sydney so they have to confirm. So right now we all cant do anything but wait for maybe an agent have our PCC and finally upload it so that HKVO can start processing our apps.

candy8593

Apr 1, 2019
The solution is that I replied to IRCC through uploading an LOE requesting re-issuing the letter with the mailing address. Surprisingly IRCC answered me on the same day and with the new letter I finally did the application for the HK Police Certificate.

Yet I was told that it would take 4 to 6 weeks to send out the certificate by registered mail, whose lengthy processing time is worrying. Another worries are how long it will take from Hong Kong to Canada and if the certificate could be delivered within 60 days.

Anyone with similar experience could share? Many thanks.

Hi Ca2022,
Just wonder how did you upload an LOE to ask for a new letter from IRCC because I don't have an address on the letter as well. I saw your post a few days ago and I think it might be a good and the quickest way to contact CIC to resend the letter. However, I didn't see anywhere for me to upload an LOE in my CIC account so I just sent my request on March 30 by uploading an LOE to where I am supposed to submit the receipt of my police certificate, but I still haven't got any reply from IRCC yet. Is it what you did when you asked them for a new letter?

And now, since I uploaded an LOE in place of submission of my receipt, I will have nowhere to upload the receipt. How did you solve the problem at that time?

Many thanks!

freddie74

Jun 14, 2019
Hi buddy,

Multiple applicants here reported that different addresses were given by CIC, such as HK consulate general, CIO Sydney or CPO Ottawa and of course some doesn't even have an address. Some applicants without address on the request letter were about to tell the CNCC officer to send it directly to HK consulate general instead of waiting for a new request letter from CIC, which is the best choice in my opinion because the registered mail will take two weeks to reach Canada and the tracking system by HK Post doesn't provide any info. The bottom line is all the CIC offices communicate and they will upload the CNCC to your application.

Good Luck everyone!
Hi, I also received the request letter for CNCC without any address. My case is being processed by my company assigned immigration lawyer in Canada and they asked me to write the Canadian Consulate's address in HK (ATTN: Consular Section, 8th floor, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong)

I am a bit worried though. Has anyone on this forum sent their CNCC to HK consulate?

Last edited:

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I am currently living in Canada and I was wondering how can I pay to HK police?

I only have bank account and seems like they accept hkd only?

Anyone apply with their spouse here?

Last edited:

elpanda

Jun 16, 2019
Did anyone have to deal with a typo in one of the names in the Request Letter? We received our letter with the proper address and everything, but they forgot a letter in my wife's name... I've sent a couple of CSE messages, but haven't got any reply yet (after about a week of wait)...

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Does any have problem to obtain HK CNCC for spouse?

The letter doesn't contain my spouse name but we are the same PR application

elpanda

Jun 16, 2019
From what I’ve been told by the police, it’s not a problem, just show up with your marriage certificate.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
From what I’ve been told by the police, it’s not a problem, just show up with your marriage certificate.
Thanks for your reply, The CIC letter only provide my name and I already sent the Common-law proof (from CIC) to them but the HK police replied the following:

we cannot process the application because there is no letter from Canadian Immigration indicating that Certificate of No Criminal Conviction from Ms. XXX is required.

From our past experience, after an applicant submitted his/her application to Canadian Immigration and they start processing his/her application, they will issue a letter stating the production of the Certificate is required and the reason. The letter should contain the applicant's full name and preferably the case number given. Also, there should be a postal address of the Canadian Immigration office which will be receiving the result of the application for Certificate of No Criminal Conviction. Please provide us this letter.

Alternatively, if the Canadian Immigration requires the Certificate from "spouse / partner / sponsor", please show us the document which indicates this and provide a copy of proof of you relationship, e.g. marriage certificate.

I call CIC about this and they just ask me to fill in the webform to raise CSE....what a long wait it will be

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Is it normal to take hk police 5-7 business days to reply my email? I call CNCC office and reception said they will reply email within 5-7 days for my additional document

Last edited:

ashutosh81

Jun 28, 2019
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, I understand that HK Police needs a formal letter of request from CIC to issue the PCC. However, in the documents section of my online PR application I see a column requesting for "police certificate Hong Kong". Does the system generate it mistakenly or should I provide/mention anything there? Also, I am an Indian citizen living in Canada (applying on CEC in-land) and no option to upload Indian PCC. Any idea how to resolve these issues.
same case with me as well. How did you go about getting it ? I have uploaded a letter and proof that my application is ready to be sent to HK Police provided you give me a letter

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I would like to update my timeline here

HK PCC ADR: July 1st
Fingerprint done: July 6th
Sent to HK by register mail: July 8
Arrived at HK Police: July 15
Sent out by HK Police: Aug 14 (there was little error in our application which delayed for about 1 week)
Received by CIC Sydney: Pending

As everyone may know HK is experiencing some difficult moment now but HK police @CNCC department is still keeping a friendly and professional manner on phone/email. (They are not police officer, just civil servant)

#prayforHongKong

consbear

Jul 7, 2019
I would like to update my timeline here

HK PCC ADR: July 1st
Fingerprint done: July 6th
Sent to HK by register mail: July 8
Arrived at HK Police: July 15
Sent out by HK Police: Aug 14 (there was little error in our application which delayed for about 1 week)
Received by CIC Sydney: Pending

As everyone may know HK is experiencing some difficult moment now but HK police @CNCC department is still keeping a friendly and professional manner on phone/email. (They are not police officer, just civil servant)

#prayforHongKong
@a16107 may I ask if you have any updates regarding the HK PCC?

I received my ADR on August 26th, went to Wan Chai and got receipt on August 27th, but they said it will take approx. 4 weeks to process and send the PCC to Sydney.. Is it correct to contact Sydney VO via webform to check if they have received it? Thanks!

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
@a16107 may I ask if you have any updates regarding the HK PCC?

I received my ADR on August 26th, went to Wan Chai and got receipt on August 27th, but they said it will take approx. 4 weeks to process and send the PCC to Sydney.. Is it correct to contact Sydney VO via webform to check if they have received it? Thanks!
You can either call CIC call agent or send a webform to check.

It takes 2-3 weeks for them to process and then another 2-3 week for mailing.
You can call HK police to confirm if they send out your CNCC after 3 weeks

Reactions: consbear

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
CIC Sydney still hasn't received my CNCC which mailed it from Aug 14, 2019 (3 weeks already), is it normal to take longer than 3 weeks?

what should I do if CIC still didn't receive it or possibly lost?

AbGu

Sep 30, 2019
Hi a16107 - Did your CNCC reach CIC Sydney? If yes, when did it reach? My CNCC was sent on 24 Sep, so want to know how long it takes. Thanks