+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Police Certificate

sw20066

Sep 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

I'm think I'm having a slight panic attack. I originally got my HK police certificate request letter on Nov 23 with the normal 60 days deadline but it did not include the mailing address. I uploaded a LOE requesting the letter to be reissued with the mailing address and they did. Only problem now is they are only giving me 30 days (till Jan 6) to get the HK police certificate :(

I've sent the application documents to hk using a priority mailing service on the same day but from what from I've read so far, it seems very unlikely I will meet this 30 days deadline. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

Thanks everyone!

Ami Pori

Apr 6, 2017
hello guys, my AOR: 28th May. I already submitted my Singapore PCC once after get the IRCC request letter. But now after 5 months they again send me the request letter for Singapore PCC. My question is should I submit the same PCC which I get on 23rd July 2017 or should I apply for a new fresh PCC? This time they gave me only one month timeline. Don't understand can I upload the old PCC or apply for a new updated PCC though my previous PCC did not exceed 6 months.

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Hi Guys,

I'm think I'm having a slight panic attack. I originally got my HK police certificate request letter on Nov 23 with the normal 60 days deadline but it did not include the mailing address. I uploaded a LOE requesting the letter to be reissued with the mailing address and they did. Only problem now is they are only giving me 30 days (till Jan 6) to get the HK police certificate :(

I've sent the application documents to hk using a priority mailing service on the same day but from what from I've read so far, it seems very unlikely I will meet this 30 days deadline. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

Thanks everyone!
Hey buddy, I strongly recommend you call the HKP to ask whether your application has been accepted or not. According to my phone call with a very nice officer, she told me they won't call the applicants. If there is something wrong with the application, they will return the package to the sender by registered mail. Therefore, you won't know after a few weeks has passed. I hope they have accepted the your application and send the PCC to hk Canadian Consulate General.

Also, you can write to CIC to ask for an extension.

Good Luck.

Again, to all HK PCC applicated from overseas: please try to get a friend or ex-colleague to get this done for you because they will know right the way whether there is anything wrong with the pcc application.

Reactions: sw20066

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
hello guys, my AOR: 28th May. I already submitted my Singapore PCC once after get the IRCC request letter. But now after 5 months they again send me the request letter for Singapore PCC. My question is should I submit the same PCC which I get on 23rd July 2017 or should I apply for a new fresh PCC? This time they gave me only one month timeline. Don't understand can I upload the old PCC or apply for a new updated PCC though my previous PCC did not exceed 6 months.
Sorry, do you mean HK PCC? If you mean SG PCC, you may ask in the SG PCC related threads. Good Luck.

sw20066

Sep 18, 2017
Hey buddy, I strongly recommend you call the HKP to ask whether your application has been accepted or not. According to my phone call with a very nice officer, she told me they won't call the applicants. If there is something wrong with the application, they will return the package to the sender by registered mail. Therefore, you won't know after a few weeks has passed. I hope they have accepted the your application and send the PCC to hk Canadian Consulate General.

Good Luck.

Again, to all HK PCC applicated from overseas: please try to get a friend or ex-colleague to get this done for you because they will know right the way whether there is anything wrong with the pcc application.
Thanks for helping me out,

I will give them a call soon. Do you have any suggestions on when I should ask CIC for a deadline extension? Should I just write "Dear officer, I will like to make a request to extend my HK police certificate deadline, please find x y z enclosed documents as evidence that I have applied?"

Crossedfingers

Jun 25, 2017

I will give them a call soon. Do you have any suggestions on when I should ask CIC for a deadline extension? Should I just write "Dear officer, I will like to make a request to extend my HK police certificate deadline, please find x y z enclosed documents as evidence that I have applied?"
What I did was, I raised a CSE stating that I applied for CNCC and attached the CNCC payment receipt. I told them that the procedure of HK police would take 4 weeks to issue the certificate and they send it via normal registered post which would take another 3-4 week to be delivered in Canada. Hence grant me an extension on the deadline.

I was granted an extension.

CIC officers understand the issue with HK PCC. So they will provide you an extension. But raise CSE as soon as possible. It would take 10 working days for them to respond.

Crossedfingers

Jun 25, 2017

Good Luck.

Hi Spth38,

I am not HK national and I have applied for CNCC from outside of HK. I am bit confused on your statement where you have mentioned that they send the PCC to HK Canadian Consulate General. My Assumption is that HK Police Directly sends the registered post to the CIC address mentioned in the request letter. Is that not right? Could you please advise on this?

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Hi Spth38,

I am not HK national and I have applied for CNCC from outside of HK. I am bit confused on your statement where you have mentioned that they send the PCC to HK Canadian Consulate General. My Assumption is that HK Police Directly sends the registered post to the CIC address mentioned in the request letter. Is that not right? Could you please advise on this?
Hi buddy,

Multiple applicants here reported that different addresses were given by CIC, such as HK consulate general, CIO Sydney or CPO Ottawa and of course some doesn't even have an address. Some applicants without address on the request letter were about to tell the CNCC officer to send it directly to HK consulate general instead of waiting for a new request letter from CIC, which is the best choice in my opinion because the registered mail will take two weeks to reach Canada and the tracking system by HK Post doesn't provide any info. The bottom line is all the CIC offices communicate and they will upload the CNCC to your application.

Good Luck everyone!

Crossedfingers

Jun 25, 2017
Hi buddy,

Multiple applicants here reported that different addresses were given by CIC, such as HK consulate general, CIO Sydney or CPO Ottawa and of course some doesn't even have an address. Some applicants without address on the request letter were about to tell the CNCC officer to send it directly to HK consulate general instead of waiting for a new request letter from CIC, which is the best choice in my opinion because the registered mail will take two weeks to reach Canada and the tracking system by HK Post doesn't provide any info. The bottom line is all the CIC offices communicate and they will upload the CNCC to your application.

Good Luck everyone!
Hi Spth38,

Thanks for your inputs. I now understand how it works. I am just waiting for this CNCC to be delivered to Canada. Its been more than 10 days since HK Post has sent it. Fingers crossed... . . :confused:

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017

You're welcome. I'm happy to help. The best case scenario is that the CNCC has already processed your application but you need to call them to confirm asap. For the extension, just explain your situation in the webform and you shouldn't have a problem.

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Hi Spth38,

Thanks for your inputs. I now understand how it works. I am just waiting for this CNCC to be delivered to Canada. Its been more than 10 days since HK Post has sent it. Fingers crossed... . . :confused:
Since it has been 10 days, you may call CIC to confirm whether they have received it two weeks or three from now. The officer on the phone was able to tell me about my CNCC. Then I got my PPR a couple of weeks after that. So don't worry, you will get yours soon as well.

Good Luck.

Reactions: Crossedfingers

Crossedfingers

Jun 25, 2017
Since it has been 10 days, you may call CIC to confirm whether they have received it two weeks or three from now. The officer on the phone was able to tell me about my CNCC. Then I got my PPR a couple of weeks after that. So don't worry, you will get yours soon as well.

Good Luck.
Thank you. I will certainly call them in few weeks time and check. I too hope the same.. And congrats on your PR :)

sw20066

Sep 18, 2017
What I did was, I raised a CSE stating that I applied for CNCC and attached the CNCC payment receipt. I told them that the procedure of HK police would take 4 weeks to issue the certificate and they send it via normal registered post which would take another 3-4 week to be delivered in Canada. Hence grant me an extension on the deadline.

I was granted an extension.

CIC officers understand the issue with HK PCC. So they will provide you an extension. But raise CSE as soon as possible. It would take 10 working days for them to respond.
Thank you for your response!

Do you think I should wait for my CNCC receipt to arrive first before I raise a CSE for an extension or should I just upload proof that I have sent documents to HK with DHL? I'm just very worried as the officer is only giving me 30 days :(

Crossedfingers

Jun 25, 2017
First, send an email to cncc-ib@police.gov.hk HK CNCC department. ( They may reply within 2 working days . if they reply saying that they had accepted your application, then you can show this written document to CIC while raising CSE)

If they had confirmed that they had accepted your application and sent your payment receipt, you raise CSE. As I said the when u raise a CSE it takes 10 working days for CIC to respond. So the earlier you raise the better it is for you.

If they reply to your mail, then it is well and good, you can show that Mail itself as a proof that you have applied for CNCC and explain the CIC officer that HK Police process is 4 weeks to send and another 3-4 weeks for the registered post to reach Canada and request extension.

If they don't reply to your mail till Monday, you call HK Police (852) 2860 6558 and confirm if they had accepted your application. In that case, you can attach your DHL tracking status, photocopy of the application forms ( if you have taken them) and any other documents with CSE to support your claim that you have indeed applied for CNCC and tell about the process time and seek an extension.

It would help.

Reactions: spth38 and sw20066