Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
First, send an email to cncc-ib@police.gov.hk HK CNCC department. ( They may reply within 2 working days . if they reply saying that they had accepted your application, then you can show this written document to CIC while raising CSE)

If they had confirmed that they had accepted your application and sent your payment receipt, you raise CSE. As I said the when u raise a CSE it takes 10 working days for CIC to respond. So the earlier you raise the better it is for you.

If they reply to your mail, then it is well and good, you can show that Mail itself as a proof that you have applied for CNCC and explain the CIC officer that HK Police process is 4 weeks to send and another 3-4 weeks for the registered post to reach Canada and request extension.

If they don't reply to your mail till Monday, you call HK Police (852) 2860 6558 and confirm if they had accepted your application. In that case, you can attach your DHL tracking status, photocopy of the application forms ( if you have taken them) and any other documents with CSE to support your claim that you have indeed applied for CNCC and tell about the process time and seek an extension.

It would help.
Great to see people helping each other out here!!

Reactions: Crossedfingers

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Welcome!
Actually I even called Canada post. They confirmed that the post was delivered. So I already knew that it was delivered, but needed a confirmation from CIC. CIC didn't reply to my mail, I sent it 1.5 week back. So I ended up calling CIC, and the agent confirmed that they have received it. I would suggest you give them a ring. All the best!
Hello! May I ask which number and what information you had provided to Canada post? I got my registered mail tracking number from HKP for our CNCC and status was "Hand over to courier" so I assume it was handed over to Canada post. Thanks in advance!

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
Hello! May I ask which number and what information you had provided to Canada post? I got my registered mail tracking number from HKP for our CNCC and status was "Hand over to courier" so I assume it was handed over to Canada post. Thanks in advance!
Hi,
I just googled Canadapost's number. I think it was +1-416-979-3033. 2 weeks after HKP couriers your CNCC, call CanadaPost and tell them the tracking number that you received from HKP and request them for information on the same. Hopefully they will be able to tell you it's status. All the best!

Reactions: babyfreeverse

lecos

Mar 20, 2017
Hello guys,

Need some help. CIC requested the CNCC but I have an issue since and I am currently visiting my wife’s family in Ukraine until the end of January.
It has been a frustrating situation since I can not get the fingerprints taken here by the police neither my consulate. ( I am a citizen and current resident of Peru)

At this point, I am even considering going to HK and apply for the CNCC personally. However, I have read in the forum that this could be rejected by CIC because PCCs from previous countries of residences must be obtained after a person last lived there as stated below.

* have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Hello guys,

Need some help. CIC requested the CNCC but I have an issue since and I am currently visiting my wife’s family in Ukraine until the end of January.
It has been a frustrating situation since I can not get the fingerprints taken here by the police neither my consulate. ( I am a citizen and current resident of Peru)

At this point, I am even considering going to HK and apply for the CNCC personally. However, I have read in the forum that this could be rejected by CIC because PCCs from previous countries of residences must be obtained after a person last lived there as stated below.

* have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Hi Lecos,

You're right about the rule. However, if you go to HK for a day or two to do it, the certificate is still technically issued after your visit because they don't really issue it immediately after you apply and it takes about a week. Also, CIC may not even ask you to update the info on where you have been.

(Please note that we don't whether the date on it is the date you apply or the date they create the certificate. So, there is still a risk.)

Another thing you may do is that contact CIC to ask for an extension. A lot of us did it because the certificate may get sent to Canada by slow registered mail service and it's holiday seasons now.

By the way, can you try a different police station in Ukraine or even from a neighboring country?

I guess it comes down to whether you want to take a risk.

Reactions: lecos

Crossedfingers

Jun 25, 2017
Hello guys,

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I was in a situation like you. I had severe difficulties in getting Finger Print certificate from my local police station. With time running, I too considered the option of Going to Hong Kong for applying the CNCC directly. However, I had the same doubt as you regarding the terms mentioned in the CIC website.

I will give my thoughts here. You can see which will suite you.

1. You said you are ready to go to Hong Kong and apply for CNCC. So, travelling out of Ukraine is not a problem for you. In such case, why don’t you consider travelling to Peru itself and get the finger print certificate. You can use your Peru contacts and make all arrangements upfront so that once you go to Peru you can get finger print certificate quickly and get back to Ukraine.

2. Regarding Travelling to HK and applying for CNCC – You are right that CIC says that if you no longer stay in a country then the PCC should be issued after you last lived there. However, If you know the HK PCC process, it would take minimum of 10 days for them to issue the certificate. So if you go to HK , apply for PCC and leave the Country the same day or the next day, then the PCC is technically still valid because it would be issued on a date after you last lived there. However, no one knows how the HK PCC looks like or what the content of HK PCC looks like. We don’t know if they print the days you have lived in HK. So, there is an ambiguity on weather you can go to HK and apply PCC.

3. I would suggest you raise a CSE. In the CSE you would be allowed to type in a maximum of 1000 characters. So, if you can’t explain your entire case within 1000 Characters, prepare a Letter of explanation and attach it in the attachment section of CSE. In summary page you can write briefly about you case and ask them to refer the attachment for full details in the LOE.

4. In the letter you explain in detail about your difficulty of getting finger prints form Ukraine police. (Note that HK Police accepts finger prints only from Police. No other government department). Ask CIC if they are ok if you go to HK and apply for PCC. In the letter you clearly mention that HK Police will take 4 weeks to issue the PCC so technically the PCC would be issued after you have last lived in HK. So, request them to accept your plan for going to Hong Kong and apply for PCC since you in no way can get finger print certificate from Ukraine Police.

5. CIC will take 10 working days to respond (a bad timing now since it is Christmas and new year time). So, raise it as soon as possible.

6. In meantime till CIC replies you, as a back-up option, see if you can plan a travel back to Peru and get fingerprint certificate ready.

Note that CIC officers are nice, and they understand problems with HK PCC. So, if you explain your problem clearly and request them, they will certainly consider it.

By the way Sorry for this long post. I certainly understand what you are going through because I myself was in this position and I had planned to do all the above thing should I not get finger print certificate from my local police. By god’s grace I got it, so I didn’t use them.

(Note that while raising CSE, you should correctly mention all the details they ask for like your UCI, Application number, mail ID and everything else they ask for. If you miss even any one of the fields, then they won’t respond to your CSE.)

Hope everything goes well for you. All the best.

Reactions: lecos and spth38

lecos

Mar 20, 2017
Hi Lecos,

You're right about the rule. However, if you go to HK for a day or two to do it, the certificate is still technically issued after your visit because they don't really issue it immediately after you apply and it takes about a week. Also, CIC may not even ask you to update the info on where you have been.

(Please note that we don't whether the date on it is the date you apply or the date they create the certificate. So, there is still a risk.)

Another thing you may do is that contact CIC to ask for an extension. A lot of us did it because the certificate may get sent to Canada by slow registered mail service and it's holiday seasons now.

By the way, can you try a different police station in Ukraine or even from a neighboring country?

I guess it comes down to whether you want to take a risk.

thanks a lot for the suggestion. I will talk to the people in the CNCC Office, they have been very responsive so far - perhaps they can explain better the issue regarding the date.

Another possible scenario that I've been thinking about is going to HK, have my fingerprints taken by the police and then have a friend submit the complete application package the day after I leave HK.

I wish I knew about someone else that has gone through a similar situation ( Oversea applicant going to HK to obtain CNCC)

lecos

Mar 20, 2017
I was in a situation like you. I had severe difficulties in getting Finger Print certificate from my local police station. With time running, I too considered the option of Going to Hong Kong for applying the CNCC directly. However, I had the same doubt as you regarding the terms mentioned in the CIC website.

I will give my thoughts here. You can see which will suite you.

1. You said you are ready to go to Hong Kong and apply for CNCC. So, travelling out of Ukraine is not a problem for you. In such case, why don’t you consider travelling to Peru itself and get the finger print certificate. You can use your Peru contacts and make all arrangements upfront so that once you go to Peru you can get finger print certificate quickly and get back to Ukraine.

2. Regarding Travelling to HK and applying for CNCC – You are right that CIC says that if you no longer stay in a country then the PCC should be issued after you last lived there. However, If you know the HK PCC process, it would take minimum of 10 days for them to issue the certificate. So if you go to HK , apply for PCC and leave the Country the same day or the next day, then the PCC is technically still valid because it would be issued on a date after you last lived there. However, no one knows how the HK PCC looks like or what the content of HK PCC looks like. We don’t know if they print the days you have lived in HK. So, there is an ambiguity on weather you can go to HK and apply PCC.

3. I would suggest you raise a CSE. In the CSE you would be allowed to type in a maximum of 1000 characters. So, if you can’t explain your entire case within 1000 Characters, prepare a Letter of explanation and attach it in the attachment section of CSE. In summary page you can write briefly about you case and ask them to refer the attachment for full details in the LOE.

4. In the letter you explain in detail about your difficulty of getting finger prints form Ukraine police. (Note that HK Police accepts finger prints only from Police. No other government department). Ask CIC if they are ok if you go to HK and apply for PCC. In the letter you clearly mention that HK Police will take 4 weeks to issue the PCC so technically the PCC would be issued after you have last lived in HK. So, request them to accept your plan for going to Hong Kong and apply for PCC since you in no way can get finger print certificate from Ukraine Police.

5. CIC will take 10 working days to respond (a bad timing now since it is Christmas and new year time). So, raise it as soon as possible.

6. In meantime till CIC replies you, as a back-up option, see if you can plan a travel back to Peru and get fingerprint certificate ready.

Note that CIC officers are nice, and they understand problems with HK PCC. So, if you explain your problem clearly and request them, they will certainly consider it.

By the way Sorry for this long post. I certainly understand what you are going through because I myself was in this position and I had planned to do all the above thing should I not get finger print certificate from my local police. By god’s grace I got it, so I didn’t use them.

(Note that while raising CSE, you should correctly mention all the details they ask for like your UCI, Application number, mail ID and everything else they ask for. If you miss even any one of the fields, then they won’t respond to your CSE.)

Hope everything goes well for you. All the best.
I really appreciate the time you took to write your suggestions. I decided to raise the CSE and request for an extension, hopefully the officers will understand my situation. Unfortunately, traveling back to Peru is not an option because it is too expensive - flights to HK are more affordable from Kiev ( I had already made plans to return to Peru at the beginning of February)

Once again, thanks a lot for your input.

Crossedfingers

Jun 25, 2017
I really appreciate the time you took to write your suggestions. I decided to raise the CSE and request for an extension, hopefully the officers will understand my situation. Unfortunately, traveling back to Peru is not an option because it is too expensive - flights to HK are more affordable from Kiev ( I had already made plans to return to Peru at the beginning of February)

Once again, thanks a lot for your input.
You are most welcome. WIsh you all the best...

HarryQuake

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi All,

I applied for HK police certificate on Dec 8 2017 and have been told today that the police certificate has been sent on Dec 21. The police officer tells me it normally takes 2 - 3 weeks to arrive at Canada. Anyone in the same batch and see any change on CIC status? Thx

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hi All,

I applied for HK police certificate on Dec 8 2017 and have been told today that the police certificate has been sent on Dec 21. The police officer tells me it normally takes 2 - 3 weeks to arrive at Canada. Anyone in the same batch and see any change on CIC status? Thx
Hi, did you already upload your receipt on your online acct? We applied late nov and HKP said they were sent to canada 15/12. We saw last week that the background check was updated to IP2 "We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information." hoping for good news soon and wish you the same!

A question for those whp havr received PPR, how long were you in IP2 for?

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
Hi, did you already upload your receipt on your online acct? We applied late nov and HKP said they were sent to canada 15/12. We saw last week that the background check was updated to IP2 "We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information." hoping for good news soon and wish you the same!

Hey,
Congrats on your IP2 status! How long you remain in IP2 is dependent on the VO. I think yours is HKVO which is known to be fast... So PPR must be just around the corner! I was in IP2 for 26 days at NDVO. You'll most likely get it this month. All the best!

HarryQuake

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017

Yes I have already uploaded. Now my BG status should be in NA2. Then I may expect it changed to IP2. Does IP2 mean CIC already have received the HK PCC?

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016

Rather quick - two months max with HKVO for me.

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hey,
Congrats on your IP2 status! How long you remain in IP2 is dependent on the VO. I think yours is HKVO which is known to be fast... So PPR must be just around the corner! I was in IP2 for 26 days at NDVO. You'll most likely get it this month. All the best!
Awesome! Can't wait. Thanks for sharing your timeline with NDVO, they have been quite fast recently.