+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Police Certificate for non-Hkers

flyingColours

Jan 31, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am sponsoring my husband who’s Chinese, has never lived in Hong Kong for over 7 days, but has an ongoing company registered in Hong Kong. This morning we got a request for him to obtain police certificate from the Hong Kong police. We are kind of baffled at why this would be requested since he never lived there for even 7 days and hasn’t been there since summer 2018. We are not sure if this was requested by a mistake or due to the recent riot? We’ve sent hongkong office a web form inquiry, but in the meantime would like to post on the forum to see if anyone has experienced similar requests recently?

thank you!

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hi everyone,

I am sponsoring my husband who’s Chinese, has never lived in Hong Kong for over 7 days, but has an ongoing company registered in Hong Kong. This morning we got a request for him to obtain police certificate from the Hong Kong police. We are kind of baffled at why this would be requested since he never lived there for even 7 days and hasn’t been there since summer 2018. We are not sure if this was requested by a mistake or due to the recent riot? We’ve sent hongkong office a web form inquiry, but in the meantime would like to post on the forum to see if anyone has experienced similar requests recently?

thank you!
Are you are saying " has never lived in Hong Kong for over 7 days " or 7-years ?
Don't think the request is a mistake or has anything to do with the protests/riots. They are checking to see if there is any past history on file in HK.
Good luck with the web form inquiry.

flyingColours

Jan 31, 2019
Thanks! 7 days. He has a travel card and whenever he’s in Hong Kong it’s usually 3 days max for business or going to conventions.
We searched other mandarin-speaking forums. Looked like to be a standard practice honestly. There are other mainlanders (even complete foreigners) asked by CIC for police cert from HK too.

EssT

Jan 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Putting in the same query here that I have posted in another thread : I applied for my Hong Kong Police Certificate with HK Police in April. I got in touch with them yesterday and they told me that the certificate is ready, but hasn't been shipped out due to the HK Air Mail not working (due to covid-19). I asked the HKPF if I can send it via private courier, and they said I can arrange a DHL/Fedex pickup from the HK police HQ.
Have any of you guys had any experience in doing so - sending out the police certificate through courier? Is it the right thing to do? What phone number should I use to put in the Receiver's address (its a PO box address of the IRCC, so no phone number given). My deadline is 20 June, so I am kind of worried/desperate now.
I have already uploaded the receipt of my HK Police Certificate application alongwith an LOE on my IRCC account yesterday, explaining them that it is delayed. I filled in an webform also explaining the situation. Should I be concerned, or is there anything more that I can do?

Thanks in advance.
-Ess

flyingColours

Jan 31, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Putting in the same query here that I have posted in another thread : I applied for my Hong Kong Police Certificate with HK Police in April. I got in touch with them yesterday and they told me that the certificate is ready, but hasn't been shipped out due to the HK Air Mail not working (due to covid-19). I asked the HKPF if I can send it via private courier, and they said I can arrange a DHL/Fedex pickup from the HK police HQ.
Have any of you guys had any experience in doing so - sending out the police certificate through courier? Is it the right thing to do? What phone number should I use to put in the Receiver's address (its a PO box address of the IRCC, so no phone number given). My deadline is 20 June, so I am kind of worried/desperate now.
I have already uploaded the receipt of my HK Police Certificate application alongwith an LOE on my IRCC account yesterday, explaining them that it is delayed. I filled in an webform also explaining the situation. Should I be concerned, or is there anything more that I can do?

Thanks in advance.
-Ess
Is your visa office not in Hong Kong?

EssT

Jan 8, 2020
Is your visa office not in Hong Kong?
Nope, its not in HK. I am applying for an Express Entry PR, and the address given to me by the IRCC to send the HK Police Certificate was a PO Box in Sydney, NS.
This is the address:

ATTN: EE Registry
Case Processing Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada

flyingColours

Jan 31, 2019
Gotcha. I think if the HK police is ok with you hiring a courier, then totally you can do it. Is the phone number required by the courier company? I don’t think CIC phone number is that easily searched online. Usually the courier address should be fine