+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Support Worker Pilot Program, In canada with 2 years application.

Swazzel

May 2, 2019
The application was sent to the office on April 1, 2020. Inland applicant.
Took one year to hear from them. Got an email on March 25, 2021, saying your application is received and in queue for review. This letter does not confirm your application is in process. Still waiting.

hbenu

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
I doubt about “being processed already”. I submitted my HCCP pilot application since Oct 2020, i only got an email of temporary file number. No one from 2019 applications got an OWP, based on all the thread that I read here.
and there’s a new update for PR, google “Canada newpathway for PR”. On may 6, there will be a special pathway for anyone who completed 1 year experience (caregiver is included). So maybe it will be easier for you. I assure you, even the interim program before delayed my friend, how much more this HCCP.
im sorry if I don’t understand your situation when you already have a two completed years.
I understand your point of view, but i did a lot of research before applying and with all the information gathered it only made sense that i apply both, bec PR applications standard processing time was 1 yr while OPW was 3 months. And i dont blame u if u think the interim program delayed ur friend, but according to people i have know and spoken too, some have received decisions on the interim program and others who have filled PR application (only) and didn’t receive any update yet since 2019. I personally think its hit and miss or there in something in our papers that are making the delays. By the way, someone i know says that IRCC Ottawa had mandated that all OWP and PR applications must be finalized before the new program starts. So im very hopeful and looking forward to receive my papers soon. And today, i received my temporary number too..so i do believe that they are processing papers submitted on jan 24-30,2021. Good luck to u all!!!

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
We are all still waiting . I submitted Dec 27 2019. They received Jan 2, 2020.
in June2020 they requested additional documentation and sent Aor. Nothing since then.
This whole process teaches us patience, thats for sure.
i am thinking of applying on May 6th, depending on how i feel after seeing what they announce for us on May 3rd.

Reactions: hbenu

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I understand your point of view, but i did a lot of research before applying and with all the information gathered it only made sense that i apply both, bec PR applications standard processing time was 1 yr while OPW was 3 months. And i dont blame u if u think the interim program delayed ur friend, but according to people i have know and spoken too, some have received decisions on the interim program and others who have filled PR application (only) and didn’t receive any update yet since 2019. I personally think its hit and miss or there in something in our papers that are making the delays. By the way, someone i know says that IRCC Ottawa had mandated that all OWP and PR applications must be finalized before the new program starts. So im very hopeful and looking forward to receive my papers soon. And today, i received my temporary number too..so i do believe that they are processing papers submitted on jan 24-30,2021. Good luck to u all!!!
I agree of the hit and miss. I’m also waiting for my open work permit under the HCCP pilot (inside Canada) since October 2020. I am single, so it’s not complicated for them to process my application. But all I got is a temporary number.
i wished that soon you can “boast” (to inspire us) your open work permit, coz as of now I DONT KNOW ANYONE who got an open work permit under the pilot.
I would be soooo happy to hear someone giving us a good news, even one person only, I’m not expecting it to be me (coz I’m working under the old caregiver program for few months now, I just need it as a back up plan just in case something bad happened again to my employer). I also read from the ircc website that they are currently processing January 2021 work permits. (I got my closed work permit last December 2020 within TWO DAYS ONLY. Coz nanny is an essential job). So let’s see. Because I know MANY FILIPINOS nanny who was delayed (their open work permit thru interim).
thanks for your reply.

Adan Shahid

Aug 26, 2021
Hi,

I got education evaluation as under

Canadian equivalency: Three years of hospital study and training
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential.

I have done Diploma in Nursing of 4 years from WES recognized university, Can I consider my equivalency as 1 year Post secondary education?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,

credential.

I have done Diploma in Nursing of 4 years from WES recognized university, Can I consider my equivalency as 1 year Post secondary education?
Yes

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank you for your response.. do u know any case where a person got approved under the same? Im stressed abt this..
The application says, 1 year education after Grade 12 is acceptable. So its in the procedure itself. You do not need an example.

Trumpet

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Thank you for your reply but I already have 24 months experience and education and my English test can I apply now with my open work permit with out LMIA or they need special kind of work permit
Did you get pr?
I am 2019 nov applicant, still waiting biometric letter.

Marydivya

Star Member
Jun 1, 2021
Hi,

credential.

try ICAS ....I got equallent to 3 year college diploma

venus.facultad

Jan 9, 2013
Thank you for your response.. do u know any case where a person got approved under the same? Im stressed abt this..
Yes there is one: please refer to timeline below (not mine)

HCCP Jan 2020 applicant
Outside CA (PH)
Ielts - 8.5
Jan 28, 2020- application rcvd by IRCC
Oct 2020 - permanent AOR
July 2021 - updated docs required fr me&fam
Sept 2021 - NOA and updated contract required fr employer
Family of 3 - accompanying
Common-law
ECA equivalency - Canadian secondary school (yes - college undergrad 4yrs) WES
Experience: 1yr as cg to a special needs child (24yo) here in PH then declared jobless nung pandemic since lahat lockdown (worked as a virtual asst these months)
Proof of experience: notarized COE and letter of recommendation from my patient’s mom, no letterhead, no sss contributions as cg (private individual client not under local agency

Biometrics and medical request: Dec 24, 2021
Medical Result (IOM): Jan 28, 2022
Final decision (passed): Feb 9, 2022

DIY, no proof of funds required
Officer KO

Olgacarucan

Jan 17, 2021
opening this new thread for application under Home Support Worker Pilot Program applied from inside canada with 2 years experience.
kindly share your timelines.
Myself applied on Aug 27th (application received) via paper.
still waiting.
anyone applied through this program.please kindly share.
What is your experience?
is psw accepted towards 2 years work experience for hswp permanent residence?

adomanim

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
I've been planning to apply for this program when it opens again next month but I was wondering whether being a stay at home mother and taking care of your children full time would qualify as work experience. I dont have any formal work experience in these two areas but have basically been doing it for as long as I can remember.

hbenu

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
I received my OWP on April 2022
And PR Approval on May 2022. Waiting for my PR card now