+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Support Worker Pilot Program, In canada with 2 years application.

hbenu

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
I did my inland application with 2 yrs experience on Jan26,2021. Waiting for updates. Im a little concerned bec my Police Clearance Certificate has expired, my picture is expired too...and T4 from 2019. So idk ‍What will happen but due to covid hoping everything would be accepted.

Jasper05

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Hello I’m under HCCP I’m planning to apply PR this May a month before my WP expires do I have to apply for OWP ?

Reactions: Sam Ghm

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
When you click the link with full experience you will get a checklist. Youll get the bridging permit i think

Sam Ghm

Feb 8, 2021
Hello I’m under HCCP I’m planning to apply PR this May a month before my WP expires do I have to apply for OWP ?
Hi. As per my understanding, you have to apply for both your permanent residency and extension for your work permit together if your work permit is about to be expired. This is in IRCC website, you can check for the confirmation. Then you will be in implied status which means that you can keep working. Cheers!

Jasper05

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Hi. As per my understanding, you have to apply for both your permanent residency and extension for your work permit together if your work permit is about to be expired. This is in IRCC website, you can check for the confirmation. Then you will be in implied status which means that you can keep working. Cheers!
Hi Sam, based on my knowledge once you applied Permanent Resident a month before your WP expires then you’ll be in implied status for 3 months or so..

Sam Ghm

Feb 8, 2021
Hi Sam, based on my knowledge once you applied Permanent Resident a month before your WP expires then you’ll be in implied status for 3 months or so..
That means we do not need to apply for extension of work permit together with pr application? Are you sure about this? By the way, are you an open work permit holder (spouse of student) or you had a caregiver visa? Thanks in advance.

hbenu

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
That means we do not need to apply for extension of work permit together with pr application? Are you sure about this? By the way, are you an open work permit holder (spouse of student) or you had a caregiver visa? Thanks in advance.
Ok, I applied for OWP together with my PR application bec im on LMIA ( though my WP does not expire till September 2022) and based on what i know right now, they are processing OWP applications submitted since jan 10-jan16,2021.. but the PR application is backlogged very badly, if im not mistaken they are processing applications submitted since may 24-30,2020. So im not expecting my PR to be processed anytime soon...but ill be on OWP in couple more months and I could move on to a better paid job.

Sam Ghm

Feb 8, 2021
Ok, I applied for OWP together with my PR application bec im on LMIA ( though my WP does not expire till September 2022) and based on what i know right now, they are processing OWP applications submitted since jan 10-jan16,2021.. but the PR application is backlogged very badly, if im not mistaken they are processing applications submitted since may 24-30,2020. So im not expecting my PR to be processed anytime soon...but ill be on OWP in couple more months and I could move on to a better paid job.

Jasper05

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
The reason why I didn’t apply for OWP is that I’m happy with my employer and I’m a single applicant that’s why I decided to apply my PR with complete 24 months. BTW I’m holding a Caregiver under HCCP my WP expires this coming June

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I did my inland application with 2 yrs experience on Jan26,2021. Waiting for updates. Im a little concerned bec my Police Clearance Certificate has expired, my picture is expired too...and T4 from 2019. So idk ‍What will happen but due to covid hoping everything would be accepted.
Hi! I don’t get it. Why did you apply for the HCCP pilot if by default you will get your PR due to 2 years experience? It might prolong your application because of the long queue under this program. That’s what happened to my friend who applied for interim, even if by default she will get her PR. It took her another year, instead of 6 months maximum. The old caregiver program is eligible for PR after 2 years experience.

hbenu

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi! I don’t get it. Why did you apply for the HCCP pilot if by default you will get your PR due to 2 years experience? It might prolong your application because of the long queue under this program. That’s what happened to my friend who applied for interim, even if by default she will get her PR. It took her another year, instead of 6 months maximum. The old caregiver program is eligible for PR after 2 years experience.
3 reasons: 1, i can sponsor my spouse thru OWP 2, Security, in case my patient passes away, i could easily change employer, 3, the OPW application will be processed sooner than PR application. The PR application will not take 6 months. At the moment they are processing papers submitted on May 2020..based on this information, i will not be receiving any updates till the end of th year. While on the other hand OPW ( work permits), application submitted since jan30,2021 r being processed already.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
3 reasons: 1, i can sponsor my spouse thru OWP 2, Security, in case my patient passes away, i could easily change employer, 3, the OPW application will be processed sooner than PR application. The PR application will not take 6 months. At the moment they are processing papers submitted on May 2020..based on this information, i will not be receiving any updates till the end of th year. While on the other hand OPW ( work permits), application submitted since jan30,2021 r being processed already.
I doubt about “being processed already”. I submitted my HCCP pilot application since Oct 2020, i only got an email of temporary file number. No one from 2019 applications got an OWP, based on all the thread that I read here.
and there’s a new update for PR, google “Canada newpathway for PR”. On may 6, there will be a special pathway for anyone who completed 1 year experience (caregiver is included). So maybe it will be easier for you. I assure you, even the interim program before delayed my friend, how much more this HCCP.
im sorry if I don’t understand your situation when you already have a two completed years.