+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Deep2020

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
I have a question in mind
They asked for $1000 RPRF but took $500 and it says Immigration Canada- Ottawa QC
Any ideas on this?

Pray1234

Feb 1, 2022
hello Waadaa!

have you received the hard copy of your restricted occupation open work permit thru mail?
Hi Wandaa! Thank you for the response. I am wondering why until now they have not sent me my work permit. It’s been almost a month since I received the passes eligibility letter and saying work permit is being issued. They will also send you a mail stating your work permit is in the mail?

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Hi Wandaa! Thank you for the response. I am wondering why until now they have not sent me my work permit. It’s been almost a month since I received the passes eligibility letter and saying work permit is being issued. They will also send you a mail stating your work permit is in the mail?
Based on my experience, a work permit can only be issued in the immigration UPON ARRIVAL to the airport (if outside applicant). If you have an existing work permit HERE in Canada, then they will mail it to you, because there’s no such thing as a soft copy work permit, only a hard copy.
They will give you a letter to claim the work permit in canada airport. So you have to print that email to show it to the airport. Because airport departure usually look for a work permit AND work visa. A work visa is DIFFERENT from a work permit, does it makes sense? So you have to point them to that sentence “work permit will be issued upon arrival”. The airport personnel DOESNT know about that (in my experience, they had to call their boss because they don’t believe in the letter that I showed them)

Pray1234

Feb 1, 2022
Based on my experience, a work permit can only be issued in the immigration UPON ARRIVAL to the airport (if outside applicant). If you have an existing work permit HERE in Canada, then they will mail it to you, because there’s no such thing as a soft copy work permit, only a hard copy.
They will give you a letter to claim the work permit in canada airport. So you have to print that email to show it to the airport. Because airport departure usually look for a work permit AND work visa. A work visa is DIFFERENT from a work permit, does it makes sense? So you have to point them to that sentence “work permit will be issued upon arrival”. The airport personnel DOESNT know about that (in my experience, they had to call their boss because they don’t believe in the letter that I showed them)
hi Wandaa!
I am inside Canada, so my understanding is they will send the work permit via mail. Is that correct?

Pray1234

Feb 1, 2022
Yes. That’s what they did on my second work permit. They mailed it to me here.
as your previous response you received the work permit in the mail 5 days after you got the eligibility passed letter correct? Did they gave you an instruction what to do next or you just waited for the work permit to come in the mail?

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
as your previous response you received the work permit in the mail 5 days after you got the eligibility passed letter correct? Did they gave you an instruction what to do next or you just waited for the work permit to come in the mail?
Yes, I received it by mail about one week later. No more instructions. But since we’re under HCCP, I think the instructions will be to accumulate 24 months experience and submit the proof upon completion for your PR.

Pray1234

Feb 1, 2022
Yes, I received it by mail about one week later. No more instructions. But since we’re under HCCP, I think the instructions will be to accumulate 24 months experience and submit the proof upon completion for your PR.
Okay thanks. I need to call IRCc then since they still haven’t sent my work permit. Thann you!

Reactions: ProudNanny