+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Im not familiar with the old program, only with HCCP Pilot because that’s what I applied for. For HCCP, we need 2 yrs experience for open work. Not sure with the old program though.

Edit:

I think i get what you mean, the open work permit (open employer?) for less than 24mos experience?
exactly! Open employer only, but the same job NOC. I’m still okay with that. I love being a nanny. But it’s difficult to transfer another employer as soon as possible (I waited 6 months to work as a nanny again because of that damn LMIA!). So I was UNEMPLOYED for 6 months here because my closed work permit says that I can only work with my previous employer ONLY.

Ny0722

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Yes, I understand that. That’s why I submitted TWO applications at the same time (old Live-In Caregiver Program with LMIA, and the new HCCP pilot). Under the old caregiver program, the open work permit can ONLY be given AFTER 2 years. That’s the reason why I also joined HCCP (yes, I paid for both), so that I can have the open work permit EVEN WITHOUT 2 years experience yet.

exactly! Open employer only, but the same job NOC. I’m still okay with that. I love being a nanny. But it’s difficult to transfer another employer as soon as possible (I waited 6 months to work as a nanny again because of that damn LMIA!). So I was UNEMPLOYED for 6 months here because my closed work permit says that I can only work with my previous employer ONLY.

yes, the occupation-restricted open work permit. That would be very helpful in case your current employer changes their minds because I understand it is difficult to find an employer who’s willing to do the LMIA. I hope you will finally finish your 2 years work experience with your current employer.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
yes, the occupation-restricted open work permit. That would be very helpful in case your current employer changes their minds because I understand it is difficult to find an employer who’s willing to do the LMIA. I hope you will finally finish your 2 years work experience with your current employer.
Thank you! I guess I’m gonna finish my contract with my current employer now (tho I don’t wanna stay more than 2 years with them, i have too many OT without pay). My cousin got her open work permit (ANY JOB) early this year, after more than 2 years of experience as a nanny. Under the old caregiver program, the open work permit is NO RESTRICTIONS at all.

Ny0722

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Thank you! I guess I’m gonna finish my contract with my current employer now (tho I don’t wanna stay more than 2 years with them, i have too many OT without pay). My cousin got her open work permit (ANY JOB) early this year, after more than 2 years of experience as a nanny. Under the old caregiver program, the open work permit is NO RESTRICTIONS at all.
That is so unfair, working OT without pay. I get why you want your open work permit now. I am also waiting for my owp, more than 2 yrs of experience now. I didn’t understand what you said earlier about the owp because I thought the occupation-restricted work permit is only for outside canada applicants.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
That is so unfair, working OT without pay. I get why you want your open work permit now. I am also waiting for my owp, more than 2 yrs of experience now. I didn’t understand what you said earlier about the owp because I thought the occupation-restricted work permit is only for outside canada applicants.
Hahaha! Thank you. I cannot complain or request to my employer for fear that they will terminate my service. So yes, I have to serve them until I have that open work permit. The first batch of HCCP who will be approved are all blessed. You will not experience what I went through (more than a year of being UNEMPLOYED because employers refused to do LMIA or they are taking advantage of you knowing that you cannot transfer another employer right away). And I met many nanny under the old caregiver program who were verbally abused (employer shouted at them) before. These employers know that you are “captive by your closed work permit”

Reactions: Fuli

Ny0722

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Hahaha! Thank you. I cannot complain or request to my employer for fear that they will terminate my service. So yes, I have to serve them until I have that open work permit. The first batch of HCCP who will be approved are all blessed. You will not experience what I went through (more than a year of being UNEMPLOYED because employers refused to do LMIA or they are taking advantage of you knowing that you cannot transfer another employer right away). And I met many nanny under the old caregiver program who were verbally abused (employer shouted at them) before. These employers know that you are “captive by your closed work permit”
Yes and I know they are taking advantage (your employers) because they are aware that you need to finish the 2 yrs work exp and left with no choice. That’s why closed work permit is not ideal. Really glad they changed it into occupation-restricted wp.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Yes and I know they are taking advantage (your employers) because they are aware that you need to finish the 2 yrs work exp and left with no choice. That’s why closed work permit is not ideal. Really glad they changed it into occupation-restricted wp.
I agree. You will get your good news soon!

Aman lail

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
I think they might have started processing it because till today they were saying my file is in queue to review...if now on same platform they are saying it’s background is checked then something may be hopeful

Reactions: Fuli and Jyotu

Aman lail

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
If they are already checking his/her background, maybe they started checking his application? He can try to link the application. Cause before I got my AOR, the only information I got from the automated machine is that the review hasn’t started yet
I have the same experience as earlier they were saying through automated response that my file is in queue to review

Try to link your application on your GCkey account.

Ny0722

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
I think they might have started processing it because till today they were saying my file is in queue to review...if now on same platform they are saying it’s background is checked then something may be hopeful
did you try to link it to your GCkey account?

Sam3832

Aug 25, 2021
Our employer didn’t match income requirements for 2020, application file 2019, recently update employer forms, wht should we do now ? Reasses tax or can we change employer with sufficient income if found? Plz suggest

intuitive

Jun 11, 2020
Our employer didn’t match income requirements for 2020, application file 2019, recently update employer forms, wht should we do now ? Reasses tax or can we change employer with sufficient income if found? Plz suggest
hi Sam, you may discuss with IRCC consultant about reassess tax file it will be faster for your application result as your file already progress for next step but if it failed then no choice but find new employer to replace it. are you inside or outside applicant please share timeline. best of luck!

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hi I am an employer and our 2020 income was low compared to previous years because I was on Mat leave for more than a year. A lot of canadians had lower income in 2020 because of the pandemic. When they asked for the updated Offer of Employment I left the optional Annual Income blank and I am waiting for the IRRC to send me an email asking for NOAs. I am not sure if they are going to request that bec we submitted 3 yrs NOA before. If IRRC requested our 2020, I plan to send our NOAs with our bank statement showing our savings in the bank as a proof that we can afford to hire a nanny for our 2 little kids. This was suggested by consultant agency that I called before I completed the updated Offer of Employment.

Reactions: suneIl and dyan29

Jyotu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Yes,i agree i also believe they have started your process.Good luck.Could u plz provide the number where you get answer via automated machine.