+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
When I spoke to IRRC agent she said if I urgently needed care provider for my kids then hire inside canada. She mentioned about economy in Canada will start to move as many people here are getting their second doses of covid and many people are looking for jobs now. I looked for a temporary caregiver just until our child care provider arrives here. I posted the job online and true enough I got so many applicants interested to the job so what will I tell to the media in this case?

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
When I spoke to IRRC agent she said if I urgently needed care provider for my kids then hire inside canada. She mentioned about economy in Canada will start to move as many people here are getting their second doses of covid and many people are looking for jobs now. I looked for a temporary caregiver just until our child care provider arrives here. I posted the job online and true enough I got so many applicants interested to the job so what will I tell to the media in this case?
True. You will get lots of applicants but are they qualified? Will you be comfortable leaving your kids with them?

If that's their reasoning, to hire from inside, then they never should have created this pilot in the first place where employers are stuck waiting for their applicants to arrive because it's not just practical.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
May I know how much (minimum or above minimum) is your offer? I know you’re an employer. Most of the employer here in Canada TAKE ADVANTAGE of giving a minimum wage to a Temporary Foreign Worker because they know that “we don’t have any choice but stay with you until we finished our contract”. I cannot even demand a higher salary than 14$. That’s a fact.
so I hope all of you can understand those applicants who completed their 24months. If they are impatient waiting. We cannot demand higher salary WITHOUT PR. No one in his right mind to accept a 14$ per hour salary IF they are permanent resident.
i know why you prefer to hire someone outside EVEN IF there are too many who wants to apply here. The minimum offer for someone who has PR is 18-20$. I tried to apply to few employers here, their offer changes based on your immigration status here.
and that’s a major UNFAIR.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Most of the employers here in this forum are hiring their relatives. Otherwise, you won’t bother yourself calling ircc. Caregiver program is the EASIEST WAY to get PR without spending too much money (i only spent less than 5k$), let’s face it. Maybe that’s why they prioritize those Express Entry applicants because they know that they will get more money from these applicants.

So I hope that all employers, regardless if with or without PR it should be the same wage. So that God can bless you.
i am here since 2018, but still earning 14.60$!!!!! Why??? Because no PR yet!

Reactions: Pomme

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
I
True. You will get lots of applicants but are they qualified? Will you be comfortable leaving your kids with them?

If that's their reasoning, to hire from inside, then they never should have created this pilot in the first place where employers are stuck waiting for their applicants to arrive because it's not just practical.
I agree that's my reason why I choose to hire my relative to come here to watch for my kids. I was tempted to hire caregiver so many times who is already here but we did not. Me any husband just decided to work alternate schedule since I came back to Work from my maternity leave while waiting for the arrival of our hccp.

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Most of the employers here in this forum are hiring their relatives. Otherwise, you won’t bother yourself calling ircc. Caregiver program is the EASIEST WAY to get PR without spending too much money (i only spent less than 5k$), let’s face it. Maybe that’s why they prioritize those Express Entry applicants because they know that they will get more money from these applicants.

So I hope that all employers, regardless if with or without PR it should be the same wage. So that God can bless you.
i am here since 2018, but still earning 14.60$!!!!! Why??? Because no PR yet!
I posted the job for $15 part time, I think because we live in a city center many were interested.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
I think what people need to ask the IRCC agents is wether there own staff is fully vaccinated or not ? Cos since the govt is pushing the general public for it in order to get their normal life back. How come the government isn’t making sure there own officers r done with this first so they can work with full capacity to clear the backlogs. It’s unacceptable that they will keep using covid 19 as an excuse to ignore/delay caregiver files while having full capacity for other streams.

Reactions: Pomme

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I posted the job for $15 part time, I think because we live in a city center many were interested.
Thanks for your reply. I guess they’re students who are willing to take it as a part time job. Because I won’t accept that job offer with salary of $15 if I have PR already. I live here in Vancouver, and most of the caregivers i know are already earning $20-25. And they always tell me “just be patient because we also started in that salary. You cannot demand yet if you’re still temporary here”.
canada knows that there are so many applicants INSIDE CANADA already, that’s why they don’t put priority on hccp. But please, make your salary offer higher than $15, and you will see more COMPETENT caregivers who would be willing to work for you.
but I guess, you won’t do that. Because most employers take advantage of temporary foreign worker who would bite any worm you will offer. I did it, but wait until I get my PR.

Geoche

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Thanks for your reply. I guess they’re students who are willing to take it as a part time job. Because I won’t accept that job offer with salary of $15 if I have PR already. I live here in Vancouver, and most of the caregivers i know are already earning $20-25. And they always tell me “just be patient because we also started in that salary. You cannot demand yet if you’re still temporary here”.
canada knows that there are so many applicants INSIDE CANADA already, that’s why they don’t put priority on hccp. But please, make your salary offer higher than $15, and you will see more COMPETENT caregivers who would be willing to work for you.
but I guess, you won’t do that. Because most employers take advantage of temporary foreign worker who would bite any worm you will offer. I did it, but wait until I get my PR.
I posted only $15 first to see if someone are interested and suprisingly many are interested and many of them were students in university. There was someone that I have chosen and we agreed for $18 because she has so many experience amazing background with kids but at the end I changed our mind. I don't know the person and it's hard for me to give my trust for her for my kids as I have 10mons old baby that time

Reactions: quami

roye

Jan 13, 2021

This broke my heart. I am a mother too, left my children, my daughter is so sick, I am holding on to my hopes and faith, the only thing I can do at this time while being away from them, work permits hasnt come yet, i feel like i am seriously ill now, but I couldnt afford to get to the hospital, not without an msp. I have to hang on, as my children depends on me. I have God, that is all I know now. Let His will be done for hardworking parents, daughter, sister, brother, husband like caregivers, we are. we are placed in a situation that is torturing every aspect of our lives. They know nothing about our stories, every penny we paid for this process, we deserve better than this. I cant believe how crazy the immigration process can be, not until this point. Too shady. Too much politics. As if nobody is listening to us. I hope the one responsible knows how to walk the talk. I feel so heartbroken losing time...especially for my children..

canada2000

Oct 6, 2010
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This broke my heart. I am a mother too, left my children, my daughter is so sick, I am holding on to my hopes and faith, the only thing I can do at this time while being away from them, work permits hasnt come yet, i feel like i am seriously ill now, but I couldnt afford to get to the hospital, not without an msp. I have to hang on, as my children depends on me. I have God, that is all I know now. Let His will be done for hardworking parents, daughter, sister, brother, husband like caregivers, we are. we are placed in a situation that is torturing every aspect of our lives. They know nothing about our stories, every penny we paid for this process, we deserve better than this. I cant believe how crazy the immigration process can be, not until this point. Too shady. Too much politics. As if nobody is listening to us. I hope the one responsible knows how to walk the talk. I feel so heartbroken losing time...especially for my children..
Sorry to hear your situation. Yes, they are ignoring us.

Fuli

Jan 31, 2021
Its soo frustrating for us . But i keep believing in God for nothing last forever. We shall one day all be happy

Reactions: Pomme and roye