+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

joe_cic

Apr 12, 2017
Thank you so much for this encouraging words. We are just so sad especially for the 18-year old daughter dependent who will benefit most if the applicant gets the approval.
Reason for the refusal seems a bit odd. I would advise you request a GCMS notes and take the next steps from there. Good luck!

@Jane20

Mar 22, 2022
Timeline

inside canada 1 dependent outside hccp
Jan 2020 application received
Aug 2020 AOR permanent and update J.O.
May 2021 PCC principal and spouse
June 2021 Biometrics spouse
March 2022 Medical request for spouse outside
Waiting for approval

Jayluv

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Timeline

inside canada 1 dependent outside hccp
Jan 2020 application received
Aug 2020 AOR permanent and update J.O.
May 2021 PCC principal and spouse
June 2021 Biometrics spouse
March 2022 Medical request for spouse outside
Waiting for approval
Congratulations

iamvelai

Aug 28, 2015
Just a question, if they asked for biometrics after AOR, does it mean the applicant passed the first stage?
December 2019 : file submitted
October 2020: AOR
March 2022v: Biometric

This time, its for my niece.

Thanks!

@Jane20

Mar 22, 2022
Not yet, first stage approval is usually passing all eligibility requirements including background check, medical and language exams and eca. Biometrics is just part of criminality check and security check once passed.

Last edited:

BV2011

Jun 25, 2011
Hi everyone,
I have a friend who applied her sister under hccp. They just got the refusal letter yesterday. The reason: not satisfied that her sister can perform the job. But she has a 2yrs of experience as nanny although part time in UK. She also finished Caregiving course. Does anyone has a same experience?
They are so confused now what proof they need for this requirement. And also has a feeling that it can be mistake. Is there a way to re-appeal? In the letter, all fees will be returned already.

Timeline:
Outside applicant, 1 dependent(single mom)
Application Sent: Nov 2019
Request updated contract: July 2021
Sent follow up email via webform: feb 2022
Refusal letter: March 19 2022

My friend called CIC on March 16 to follow up as they never recieved an update from the webform they sent. And the officer told her that he can't found it so she needs to submit another one. But surprisingly, received a refusal letter March 19 wothout sending another webform. She has a guilt feeling now because she thought the follow-ups triggered the refusal.

Hopefully, someone can share some knowledge and opinions regarding this.

Thank you.

Hi,

My sister submitted her application almost the same date as your friend. She also received a request to submit an updated documents on August 2021. Until now there's no update on her status. Should we wait or send a follow up?

Spectre23

Jan 1, 2022
Not yet, first stage approval is usually passing all eligibility requirements including background check, medical and language exams and eca. Biometrics is just part of criminality check and security check once passed.
Hi was wondering if you know know how long the eligibilty and background check takes?

@Jane20

Mar 22, 2022
Hi was wondering if you know know how long the eligibilty and background check takes?
Usually it takes 6 months this can be shorter or longer depending on type of applications.
As per IRCC the caregiver program was on hold for nearly 13 months from March 2020-Apr. 2021 the reason why this path supposed to be process for a year for first stage eligibility became 2-3yrs to be process.

• Sad
Reactions: Bellabeau24

Spectre23

Jan 1, 2022
Usually it takes 6 months this can be shorter or longer depending on type of applications.
As per IRCC the caregiver program was on hold for nearly 13 months from March 2020-Apr. 2021 the reason why this path supposed to be process for a year for first stage eligibility became 2-3yrs to be process.
[/QUOTE
So are you saying that when they say that they are already checking our eligibilty and background it would take more or less 6 months to get an approval or denial?

@Jane20

Mar 22, 2022
So are you saying that when they say that they are already checking our eligibilty and background it would take more or less 6 months to get an approval or denial?
Eligibility is different than background. Background are verifications the place you live your origin and your families. Eligibility is the final stage where they verify all the documents you have submitted like criminality(police check)security like bio, medicals and eca language and other req. Like proof of experience. Eligibility takes longer to be process as this is the last stage once you passed you will received the approval

Reactions: Spectre23

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Someone I know got her PR refusal due to ECA (incomplete nursing study, until 3rd year only). I dunno her timeline (we’re not friends, i just heard it from my cousin). She said that she asked an immigration consultant to help her make an appeal. She have more than 2 years experience here in Canada.

My point is, why ircc would take years to refuse someone? Is it so difficult to read the ECA evaluation? They should check the eligibility FIRST before they check the background (family history, police background, etc), it will save them time to check all the documents. Does it make sense? I mean, if they saw that IELTS and WES failed, then don’t read other forms like job offer, blah blah, move on to the next applicant. It’s cruel to make someone wait only to reject her. I prefer to be rejected as soon as possible so that I can do my plan B.

Mar 20, 2022
Someone I know got her PR refusal due to ECA (incomplete nursing study, until 3rd year only). I dunno her timeline (we’re not friends, i just heard it from my cousin). She said that she asked an immigration consultant to help her make an appeal. She have more than 2 years experience here in Canada.

My point is, why ircc would take years to refuse someone? Is it so difficult to read the ECA evaluation? They should check the eligibility FIRST before they check the background (family history, police background, etc), it will save them time to check all the documents. Does it make sense? I mean, if they saw that IELTS and WES failed, then don’t read other forms like job offer, blah blah, move on to the next applicant. It’s cruel to make someone wait only to reject her. I prefer to be rejected as soon as possible so that I can do my plan B.
It's really sad I totally feel her pain...and like you just said waiting for so long then being told no this is soo unfair and very depressing.

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019

That’s unfortunate but sorry to say it’s the applicant’s responsibility to learn first if she/he is eligible to apply in this pilot. If you do read the IRCC’s guide very carefully, everything you need to know is given step by step. They even provided the LISTS for the applicant to compare the OUTCOME of the ECA results. And you don’t need to ask professional to interpret the wordings. So in other words, apply at your own risk if you know nothing about the process and not careful to choose a reliable licensed agent.

IRCC website is just one click away✌