+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Mar 20, 2022
Hi everyone,
I have a friend who applied her sister under hccp. They just got the refusal letter yesterday. The reason: not satisfied that her sister can perform the job. But she has a 2yrs of experience as nanny although part time in UK. She also finished Caregiving course. Does anyone has a same experience?
They are so confused now what proof they need for this requirement. And also has a feeling that it can be mistake. Is there a way to re-appeal? In the letter, all fees will be returned already.

Timeline:
Outside applicant, 1 dependent(single mom)
Application Sent: Nov 2019
Reuqested updated contract: July 2021
Sent follow up email via webform: feb 2022
Refusal letter: March 19 2022

My friend called CIC on March 16 to follow up as they never recieved an update from the webform they sent. And the officer told her that he can't found it so she needs to submit another one. But surprisingly, received a refusal letter March 19 wothout sending another webform. She has a guilt feeling now because she thought the follow-ups triggered the refusal.

Hopefully, someone can share some knowledge and opinions regarding this.

Thank you.
Oooh so sorry to hear,had she recieved medical request already?
I believe you can appeal by sending them a webform and explain the situation tell them you sent the documents requested and proof of ability to perform the job..Mistakes do happen and if you feel it's a mistake write them a letter and explain yourself,good luck .

Reactions: iamvelai

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have a friend who applied her sister under hccp. They just got the refusal letter yesterday. The reason: not satisfied that her sister can perform the job. But she has a 2yrs of experience as nanny although part time in UK. She also finished Caregiving course. Does anyone has a same experience?
They are so confused now what proof they need for this requirement. And also has a feeling that it can be mistake. Is there a way to re-appeal? In the letter, all fees will be returned already.

Timeline:

My friend called CIC on March 16 to follow up as they never recieved an update from the webform they sent. And the officer told her that he can't found it so she needs to submit another one. But surprisingly, received a refusal letter March 19 wothout sending another webform. She has a guilt feeling now because she thought the follow-ups triggered the refusal.

Thank you.
I’m sorry to hear this news. I was supposed to receive a refusal letter too, but instead they gave me a PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS letter, giving me a chance to correct my mistake.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/procedural-fairness.html

Here’s the link about Procedural Fairness.

elaiza_elaiza2002

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

Timeline:

Thank you.
Was she a student in U.K. doing a part time job as a nanny for two years?

What were her previous jobs or work experiences before working part time as a nanny for two years in U.K?

If the refusal was because the officer is not satisfied she can perform the job, I guess the applicant has a weak or lack of experience.

Finishing Caregiving course for 6 months plus ojt for several hours i guess is not enough work

Last edited:

iamvelai

Aug 28, 2015
I believe you can appeal by sending them a webform and explain the situation tell them you sent the documents requested and proof of ability to perform the job..Mistakes do happen and if you feel it's a mistake write them a letter and explain yourself,good luck .
No, she never recieved a medical request. Only updated contract from her sister and T4 were requested by the officer on july 2021 then now the refusal. We thought if they ask for updated contract, the applicant already passed the evaluation.

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
No, she never recieved a medical request. Only updated contract from her sister and T4 were requested by the officer on july 2021 then now the refusal. We thought if they ask for updated contract, the applicant already passed the evaluation.
Per officers’ guidelines, eligibility criteria( job offer, education and language proficiency) is the first they will assess. If an applicant pass the first stage of assessment then chance of approval is high since admissibility is not that complicated so long as you don’t have problem with police records and medical.

bhullar23

Mar 4, 2022
To be honest, it should be the employers who SHOULD raise their voice. No employers were complaining to the Canada’s government, so they thought they’re not having trouble.

Because just like a normal human being, why would I be bothered by someone’s application if you’re NOT HERE IN CANADA. Canada doesn’t care for someone who is not here yet, unless you’re in a warzone. If your employer is not complaining, then Canada is still all right. This is the reason why they don’t take this as priority. So no matter how outside Canada applicants complain, they are not bothered. Canada can still thrive even without nannies, as shown by employers’ silence.
My two cents…
STRONGLY AGREE

Reactions: roye

Indian84

Mar 19, 2022
Hi everyone,

Timeline:

Thank you.
So bad
STRONGLY AGREE
STRONGLY AGREE
Yes you are right

iamvelai

Aug 28, 2015
Was she a student in U.K. doing a part time job as a nanny for two years?

What were her previous jobs or work experiences before working part time as a nanny for two years in U.K?

If the refusal was because the officer is not satisfied she can perform the job, I guess the applicant has a weak or lack of experience.

Finishing Caregiving course for 6 months plus ojt for several hours i guess is not enough work
Yes she is a Caregiving student and doing a part time job as a nanny for 2 years if I am not mistaken. In the employment letter, it was stated there that she works, 2 afternoon/week for 2 years and occasional weekends and holiday to babysit 2 kids. Previous job is more on Office jobs.

We are just confused that those are weak proof.

iamvelai

Aug 28, 2015
She submitted another webform today to explain further. She also added that she is a single mom since her daughter is born(18yrs) and hopefully that will help.

iamvelai

Aug 28, 2015
Per officers’ guidelines, eligibility criteria( job offer, education and language proficiency) is the first they will assess. If an applicant pass the first stage of assessment then chance of approval is high since admissibility is not that complicated so long as you don’t have problem with police records and medical.
And proof of experience is also part of the first stage of eligibity criteria? We just really thought that the applicant passed after the officer asked for updated contract.

Mar 20, 2022
She submitted another webform today to explain further. She also added that she is a single mom since her daughter is born(18yrs) and hopefully that will help.
The website has stated paid or unpaid experience so it's really confusing that they still denied her because this seems like very reasonable experience and on top of that she has done caregiver course...am glad she sent a webform because this could be a mistake from their end.There is hope in God who can turn things around for her,hang in there it's going to be well.

Reactions: iamvelai and roye

iamvelai

Aug 28, 2015
The website has stated paid or unpaid experience so it's really confusing that they still denied her because this seems like very reasonable experience and on top of that she has done caregiver course...am glad she sent a webform because this could be a mistake from their end.There is hope in God who can turn things around for her,hang in there it's going to be well.
Thank you so much for this encouraging words. We are just so sad especially for the 18-year old daughter dependent who will benefit most if the applicant gets the approval.

Last edited:

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
And proof of experience is also part of the first stage of eligibity criteria? We just really thought that the applicant passed after the officer asked for updated contract.
Yes, it is. It also reflect on caregiver’s duties/years of experience stated in the job offer by the employer, I guess.
And I think the vo still follow the old pathway’s style on how to assess proof of ability to do the job which is atleast 1yr straight full time relevant job) or 6 months caregiver training in a school setting and other supporting docs like education (healthcare/nursing graduates)