+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi!

Have you heard back from POLO?
No one replied my email yet, I tried calling the office and no one is answering the phone.
I remember when Polo Toronto asked me to pick up the verified employment contract, they asked me to pick by the end of the week (Thursday or Friday which was last week ) for they will be closed the whole week ( this week ). Maybe they are also having March Break?

Spectre23

Jan 1, 2022
Hi! Was just wondering what it means when the ircc hotline says that they are doing the background check and they dont need our medical or biometrics. However, We haven’t received any PAOR.

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
If I may asked what type visa did they issue?
I thought they were issuing Temporary Residence Visa with an Open Work Permit. I know lots of people who came to CA with an OWP and never went through OEC in the PHL.
She got a worker visa. She sent me a picture of the passport stamp and it says “ Worker “ With multiple entries and expiration after 3 years.

That’s what I also thought since she applied for PR through HCCP pathway but it is not.
Our representative mentioned that her work will be restricted as home child care provider but she can work with other employers if she wants to.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
No one replied my email yet, I tried calling the office and no one is answering the phone.
I remember when Polo Toronto asked me to pick up the verified employment contract, they asked me to pick by the end of the week (Thursday or Friday which was last week ) for they will be closed the whole week ( this week ). Maybe they are also having March Break?
I also tried calling POLO vancouver but the person who apparently knows about it was in another call everytime I phone them. Will try again tomorrow.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Please update us with the OEC issue. Because it’s too unfair to pay an agency who has nothing to do with the visa approval of an applicant. My cousin had to pay an agency last 2018 even if she already had a visa stamp (direct hired by my aunt. LMIA processing was done by my sister). That’s nonsense. We’re talking about 40k pesos FOR THE AGENCY alone, to pretend that they were the one who did everything.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
I called POLO Vancouver. They said everything is still up in the air whether OEC is needed or not but they advice to just get it anyway. So docs will have to be verified by POLO in Vancouver

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
I called POLO Vancouver. They said everything is still up in the air whether OEC is needed or not but they advice to just get it anyway. So docs will have to be verified by POLO in Vancouver
Thanks for the info. I don’t understand how and why did they put up that advisory then if they can’t just follow. Actually when I went there, they are all unaware on what to do with hccp program. At first they sent me wrong forms to fill in and asking me to provide LMIA or confirmation of nomination and I told them that I don’t have that. It’s like they were asking me documents of a caregiver. Then they said if I can’t provide an LMIA, they will still consult with POEA what’s the next plan coz I keep insisting that this program doesn’t need an LMIA. It was a longggg conversation, I even told them to call IRCC so they will be aware of it that I am telling the truth and they replied they can’t to that. I even asked our representative how could I provide those documents they’re asking and he said just to let them know that this program doesn’t need LMIA and since it is very new, they have little knowledge about it. They ( POLO) sent email to POEA to clarify what needs to be done. Then finally they asked me to make new employment contract they provided me with a form which is under skilled worker coz they were saying that the one that I sent them is incorrect it only says Offer Of Employment and it’s not an employment contract. Believe me, the excitement that I felt when my employee got her visa, it’s just suddenly disappeared after talking to them on that very first day visiting the office. I felt like I was so helpless and hopeless
While they are checking the documents that I gave them, they are so courteous and polite, they asked me to be seated and answer the surveys while waiting. I put a very satisfactory rating of all the questions but after hearing all the stuffs that I needed to do I grabbed back my survey and throw it in a bin. I was really pissed off. Ohh my Bad! Sorry just human.

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for the info. I don’t understand how and why did they put up that advisory then if they can’t just follow. Actually when I went there, they are all unaware on what to do with hccp program. At first they sent me wrong forms to fill in and asking me to provide LMIA and I told them that I don’t have that. It’s like they were asking me documents of a caregiver. Then they said if I can’t provide an LMIA, they will still consult with POEA what’s the next plan coz I keep insisting that this program doesn’t need an LMIA. It was a longggg conversation, i even told them to call IRCC so they will be aware of it that I am telling the truth and they replied they can’t to that. I even asked our representative They sent email to POEA to clarify what needs to be done

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Thanks for the info. I don’t understand how and why did they put up that advisory then if they can’t just follow. Actually when I went there, they are all unaware on what to do with hccp program. At first they sent me wrong forms to fill in and asking me to provide LMIA or confirmation of nomination and I told them that I don’t have that. It’s like they were asking me documents of a caregiver. Then they said if I can’t provide an LMIA, they will still consult with POEA what’s the next plan coz I keep insisting that this program doesn’t need an LMIA. It was a longggg conversation, I even told them to call IRCC so they will be aware of it that I am telling the truth and they replied they can’t to that. I even asked our representative how could I provide those documents they’re asking and he said just to let them know that this program doesn’t need LMIA and since it is very new, they have little knowledge about it. They ( POLO) sent email to POEA to clarify what needs to be done. Then finally they asked me to make new employment contract they provided me with a form which is under skilled worker coz they were saying that the one that I sent them is incorrect it only says Offer Of Employment and it’s not an employment contract. Believe me, the excitement that I felt when my employee got her visa, it’s just suddenly disappeared after talking to them on that very first day visiting the office. I felt like I was so helpless and hopeless
While they are checking the documents that I gave them, they are so courteous and polite, they asked me to be seated and answer the surveys while waiting. I put a very satisfactory rating of all the questions but after hearing all the stuffs that I needed to do I grabbed back my survey and throw it in a bin. I was really pissed off. Ohh my Bad! Sorry just human.
They don’t want to do research. They wanna rely on what’s on hand.

I’m thinking of ways to avoid all that nonsense. If I have to spend money for that, might as well think of something else that also involves money but not tolerating this nonsense. I already have some strategy, but I’m not 100% sure how to pull it off.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Omg!!! That's crazy! The person that I spoke with said the advisory was released too early. You're lucky since you're able to go to the office as for me, I live in Alberta and their office is in Vancouver. I think it would really be better to deal with them in person rather than back and forth with mailing and such if they're not sure with the documents needed. So how long is the processing of your POLO from Toronto?

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
They don’t want to do research. They wanna rely on what’s on hand.

I’m thinking of ways to avoid all that nonsense. If I have to spend money for that, might as well think of something else that also involves money but not tolerating this nonsense. I already have some strategy, but I’m not 100% sure how to pull it off.
Kindly share your strategy.. I'm looking for ways to avoid this OEC by hook or by crook.

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Omg!!! That's crazy! The person that I spoke with said the advisory was released too early. You're lucky since you're able to go to the office as for me, I live in Alberta and their office is in Vancouver. I think it would really be better to deal with them in person rather than back and forth with mailing and such if they're not sure with the documents needed. So how long is the processing of your POLO from Toronto?
Once I received the package from the agency in the PH, I brought all the original documents right away that was Monday( It was snowing hard and I finally reached the office 2mins before closing time) then I had the interview Wednesday, then they sent an email that it’s ready for pick up on Thursday. Usually it will take 2 days for the contract to be verified. You can mail it too and send them postpaid mail and they can send it back to you .