+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

took_them_forever

Apr 14, 2021
Please take time to read this

Caregiver pilot processing times
  • Applications (either for permanent residence only, or permanent residence and work permit applications) have a 12-month processing service target.
  • For applicants who were also issued a work permit under this process (because they did not have the 24-months work experience), a 6-month processing target applies to the final stage of the application once the caregiver submits proof they have met the 24-month Canadian occupational work experience requirement.
  • There have been delays in processing applications for the caregiver pilots associated with the pandemic, but processing has recently begun to resume.
  • Given unprecedented processing challenges in 2020, processing of new pilot applications effectively stopped in March 2020, and has only recently started to resume. Office closures and the prioritization of other lines of business affected IRCC’s ability to manage application intake to the legislative limit of 2,750 per pilot.
  • It is anticipated that Caregiver processing will fully resume in April 2021 and will ramp up over the summer; it is also anticipated that applications will be digitized to facilitate remote processing.
Not sure how would I react to this processing time line information. My application will be 2-years on September and after passing my medical June of last year nothing happened with it. You would think that they will prioritize 2019 applicants in order to lessen the backlog but all they did is issue AOR to pacify the applicants which just add up to their selfmade backlog.
My employer and I we keep on sending them follow ups but all we got is a standard answer. I know lots of people in this forum that are already in their 24 month or more and still they don’t have any further result.

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Not sure how would I react to this processing time line information. My application will be 2-years on September and after passing my medical June of last year nothing happened with it. You would think that they will prioritize 2019 applicants in order to lessen the backlog but all they did is issue AOR to pacify the applicants which just add up to their selfmade backlog.
My employer and I we keep on sending them follow ups but all we got is a standard answer. I know lots of people in this forum that are already in their 24 month or more and still they don’t have any further result.
I think 2019 applicants will get final decision this year as 2020 applications are to be processed separately under temporary public policy

cool_boy007

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Hi, April! I also got mine yesterday. Have you sent yours already via a webform link? I've tried opening but it seems like it's broken.
Can you please tell the difference between update letter and offer of employment. If you read the line on the pdf . So are they 2 different things letter and form . Canister outside applicants don’t submit any letter .!??

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Over the past year, we have come to appreciate the true meaning of the word “essential.” Essential workers have saved lives in our communities and have helped to ensure that Canadian families have continued to have access to necessities.

A glaring truth that’s hit home I think for many Canadians is that the jobs that we have perhaps traditionally called low-skilled are actually essential. From caring for our seniors to putting food on our tables, people have awoken to the reality that these supposedly low-skill jobs are actually anything but. From taking care of our seniors to putting food on our tables, these roles are vital and in the time of the pandemic, they are often lifesaving.

Our front-line workers—whether they are working in our hospitals, taking care of our elderly or helping to put food on our tables—are our guardian angels and saviours.

-A bit of MENDICINO’S speech last May..too good to be true if he can’t mandate his visa officers to speed up processing Inside and Outside applications

joe_cic

Apr 12, 2017
Folks,

I would advise you order your GCMS note. I did. Due date to complete Stage 1 eligibility assessment is stated clearly on the note. Sadly but still good news, some of the early 2020 applications may not be completed until early 2022.

Good luck!

mv1017

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Hello guys. I've received a request for updated copy of my nbi and police clearance. Together with the updated copy of IMM5669 and IMM5406.

My concern here is the IMM5669 was asking for job experience and I am currently working as laborer employee of the government. I am wondering if I should put it in the form where it is not related to nanny position.

Reactions: G P S

hopeful07

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
Hello guys. I've received a request for updated copy of my nbi and police clearance. Together with the updated copy of IMM5669 and IMM5406.

My concern here is the IMM5669 was asking for job experience and I am currently working as laborer employee of the government. I am wondering if I should put it in the form where it is not related to nanny position.
Yes, you must put every job experience you have even if it's not related. Being productive is a plus factor. They still look into it. Are you outside or inside applicant?

Reactions: Ok234 and mv1017

mv1017

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Yes, you must put every job experience you have even if it's not related. Being productive is a plus factor. They still look into it. Are you outside or inside applicant?
Hi I am outside applicant.

Okay. I'm only afraid that if they see its not related for nanny position might be a problem for my application.