+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

Jun 1, 2020
Thanks for sharing information, I m September 2019 applicant (got AOR November 2019)under home support worker outside Canada. Can I get any update by june 2021?what the meaning of first stage decision? Thanks
We are also in the same timeline. Please share if you got any update.

elaiza_elaiza2002

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
If I'm not mistaken, this is for those who are applying for work permit. Those who have less than 24 months of caregiving work experience in Canada which would include both inside and outside applicants.

Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.
Hi Quami, i believe the 1,500 first stage decisions by June 30, 2021 refer to those who applied OUTSIDE Canada for HCCP & HSWP from 2019 to 2020. What you think?

And as per IRCC update, prioritization of these decisions will allow more caregiver WORK PERMITS to be issued for those who have valid job offers to work for families in Canada.

I hope and pray that on or before June 30, 2021, those who applied OUTSIDE Canada will receive Approvals...

Lets see in two months time...

By the way, did you receive any update with your application? Or receive atleast Temporary File No.?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/04/minister-mendicino-launches-plan-to-accelerate-caregiver-application-processing.html

Last edited:

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Hi Quami, i believe the 1,500 first stage decisions by June 30, 2021 refer to those who applied OUTSIDE Canada for HCCP & HSWP from 2019 to 2020. What you think?

And as per IRCC update, prioritization of these decisions will allow more caregiver WORK PERMITS to be issued for those who have valid job offers to work for families in Canada.

I hope and pray that on or before June 30, 2021, those who applied OUTSIDE Canada will receive Approvals...

Lets see in two months time...

By the way, did you receive any update with your application? Or receive atleast Temporary File No.?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/04/minister-mendicino-launches-plan-to-accelerate-caregiver-application-processing.html
I really hope this is just for outside. But I'm also thinking that it could be for those who are inside and applying under HCCP who have less than 24 months caregiving experience in Canada. From what I was told, there are some who are under student visa and switching to this pilot.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and that it's just for outside.

My applicant applied in July 2019 and got her AOR and BIL by end of Aug 2019.

Rimi18

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
I really hope this is just for outside. But I'm also thinking that it could be for those who are inside and applying under HCCP who have less than 24 months caregiving experience in Canada. From what I was told, there are some who are under student visa and switching to this pilot.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and that it's just for outside.

My applicant applied in July 2019 and got her AOR and BIL by end of Aug 2019.
Occupation-restricted open work permit: Making a decision
An applicant will be issued an occupation-restricted open work permit if they meet the following requirements (positive stage 1 decision):

elaiza_elaiza2002

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
An applicant will be issued an occupation-restricted open work permit if they meet the following requirements (positive stage 1 decision):

Rimi18, thank you for this post.

This is exactly what the IRCC is saying about "first stage decision" or "POSITIVE STAGE 1 DECISION" as per their official website...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/pathways-for-caregivers/child-care-provider-support-pilots/final-decision.html

Last edited:

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Rimi18, thank you for this post.

This is exactly what the IRCC is saying about "first stage decision" or "POSITIVE STAGE 1 DECISION" as per their official website in making final decision...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/pathways-for-caregivers/child-care-provider-support-pilots/final-decision.html
So

So this could be eithee inside or outside applicants?

elaiza_elaiza2002

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
So

So this could be eithee inside or outside applicants?
I believe this could be outside because of this;

On a positive stage 1 decision, the officer must

• put the permanent resident application on hold with a status of “In Progress – Accum. Experience” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS)
  • put the work permit application into process
  • issue an occupation-restricted open work permit and send a stage 1 approval letter to the principal applicant at the same time
Because we are on the first stage decision.

Those in Canada who have accumulated 24 months of work experience by Dec 2021 would i guess be included in the 6,000 CAP for PR processing.

Most of the applicants in Canada are those with existing work permit, or expired work permit or extension permit or those previously approved of permit or those who already accumulated the 24 months work experience. They are no longer on the first stage decision...

BUT those who accumulated 24 months of work experienced are candidate to this 6K cap of PR processing by Dec. 2021, i believe.

And i believe those applicants in Canada who would shift to this pilot or those with less than 24 months work experience INSIDE CANADA at this time would have to wait.

I believe the 1,500 first stage decisions for HCCP & HSWP are those OUTSIDE Canada or those who earlier applied in 2019 & 2020 when this pilot was launched.

And those Caregivers in Canada who applied when this pilot was launched was still under the old program and the reason why this "Interim pathway" exist for transition. They would have to wait until they completed the required months of experience. So i guess the 1,500 CAPS are for Outside Applicants :)

But then again, this is just my own understanding...

Thank you.

harkaran 2010

Aug 13, 2020

• put the permanent resident application on hold with a status of “In Progress – Accum. Experience” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS)
  • issue an occupation-restricted open work permit and send a stage 1 approval letter to the principal applicant at the same time

Those in Canada who have accumulated 24 months of work experience by Dec 2021 would i guess be included in the 6,000 CAP for PR processing.

Most of the applicants in Canada are those with existing work permit, or expired work permit or extension permit or those previously approved of permit or those who already accumulated the 24 months work experience. They are no longer on the first stage decision...

BUT those who accumulated 24 months of work experienced are candidate to this 6K cap of PR processing by Dec. 2021, i believe.

And i believe those applicants in Canada who would shift to this pilot or those with less than 24 months work experience INSIDE CANADA at this time would have to wait.

I believe the 1,500 first stage decisions for HCCP & HSWP are those OUTSIDE Canada or those who earlier applied in 2019 & 2020 when this pilot was launched.

And those Caregivers in Canada who applied when this pilot was launched was still under the old program and the reason why this "Interim pathway" exist for transition. They would have to wait until they completed the required months of experience. So i guess the 1,500 CAPS are for Outside Applicants :)

Thank you.
yes, you are right. if we analyze carefully when IRCC is taking abt 6k they r referring to inside nd when abt 1500 taking for outside who will get first stage decision by 30 June nd all applicant will get aor till end of May.

Reactions: Pomme

Canadaon21

Apr 18, 2021

Thank you.
Hi, I know we are all stressed about COVID but I’m applying inside canada and hopefully they proceed my application too. I applied September 2020. This have been stressful and I’ve been here for one year and a half without seen my family Where they are back home. and honestly I don’t want to wait longer :’(

Sd20

Oct 11, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone...
I'm new member here...

I'm applying Home Child Care Provider Pilot (NOC 4411) from outside Canada.
Currently:
- I have passed IELTS (CLB 5)
- My credential has been assessed (WES)
- Still trying to extend my passport (will expire in 6 months)
- I may get a job offer soon...
- I have translated most of my important documents into english
(Do I need to provide an affidavit for all these translations & witnessed by a public notary?)

I've been learning the HCCP process on www.canada.ca but still confuse of what to do next.
Can someone please help me of what do I need to do next?

I heard I have to fill out many forms (from the documents checklist- IMM5981)
- if I have completed them, where to submit all those forms?
- Can I submit them online including all the supporting documents?
- Do I need to submit those documents/application to Visa Application Centre (VAC)?
- Do i have to create a GCKey to sign in and submit those forms & supporting documents?

Please kindly advise & help/directions needed..

thank you kindly everyone...

SD20

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021

Thank you.
I have an existing work permit under the old caregiver program BUT WITHOUT EXPERIENCE. Long story why. So i applied for the new pilot just to have an open work permit. So they cannot give me the PR yet since I don’t have experience yet.
i guess, the 1500 are everyone who applied from 2019 as first come first serve.