Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
Guys, the education says at least 1 year post secondary - is it necessary that it must be related to nursing or caregiver course? Or any course will do? - well I have an instinct that it should be related to health courses but I am hoping that any course will do :D. Also it states that paid/unpaid work experience will do - in this case, is taking care of your child consider as such to be qualified?

HopeTrust

Jul 12, 2019
01 Aug. 2019

I am from the Philippines. I took up a 6 month caregiver course and have a certificate. The requirement for taking a caregiver course here is just a post secondary course. In the new Home Child-Care Provider and Home Support Worker, it requires 1 year post secondary. Do you think I would qualify when my sister hire me ?

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
01 Aug. 2019

I am from the Philippines. I took up a 6 month caregiver course and have a certificate. The requirement for taking a caregiver course here is just a post secondary course. In the new Home Child-Care Provider and Home Support Worker, it requires 1 year post secondary. Do you think I would qualify when my sister hire me ?

6 months certificate is not required anymore.

If you have any other post secondary qualification, You are eligible.

Reactions: T365

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
I have incorporation registered (With business number). The purpose of the account is contract work done by me.

Can I use the same number as a business number to sponsor ? I heard payroll account business number is different.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
If you use your incorporation's business number, then the corporation is the employer, not you. The payroll number is not different except for the two letter designation at the end. RP stands for payroll, RC stands for corporation, RT stands for GST/HST etc.
You may use the corporation for contract work done by yourself, but your corporation is still the employer. If this is just for a caregiver, I would call the CRA and make a new business number, in your name, as a sole proprietor just for the caregiver. It just makes it easier for book keeping, because the business number is just for that use, and no other.
As well you may have a RP account in your corporation, that is for business use, not for a caregiver. The RP account done for the caregiver is for the caregiver ONLY, no other use
Some people mistakenly will use their corporations RP account, for a caregiver, this is incorrect, and can cause you A LOT of headaches moving forward if not done correctly
There are RP accounts for regular employees, however the Government puts caregivers into their own category, hence they get their own RP account

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
If you use your incorporation's business number, then the corporation is the employer, not you. The payroll number is not different except for the two letter designation at the end. RP stands for payroll, RC stands for corporation, RT stands for GST/HST etc.
You may use the corporation for contract work done by yourself, but your corporation is still the employer. If this is just for a caregiver, I would call the CRA and make a new business number, in your name, as a sole proprietor just for the caregiver. It just makes it easier for book keeping, because the business number is just for that use, and no other.
As well you may have a RP account in your corporation, that is for business use, not for a caregiver. The RP account done for the caregiver is for the caregiver ONLY, no other use
Some people mistakenly will use their corporations RP account, for a caregiver, this is incorrect, and can cause you A LOT of headaches moving forward if not done correctly
There are RP accounts for regular employees, however the Government puts caregivers into their own category, hence they get their own RP account
Prefect. I called CRA and it took 10 mins to setup everything. Free of cost.

Thanks for the help.

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
One more question if anybody can help.

While paying fees for applicant, Spouse and 2 kids. Let me know if below is correct.

Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490): 1,040
Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490): 1,040
Include a dependent child : 150 (per child)

Work Permit Applicant : 155
Work Permit Spouse : 100

Bio-metric (Family) : 170

Please confirm, if I am missing anything.

JCILM

Jul 30, 2019
Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490): 1,040 (applicant)
Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490): 1,040(spouse)

You can pay RPRF fees($ 490)later stage . IRCC recommended to pay now but it’s not required now,coz you are going to get your PR after 2 years . Once you submit the 24 month work experience.but it’s your call .

Open Workpermit fees 100
Total - :255

Work Permit Spouse : 155
Open Workpermit. : 100
Total :255

If you have school age kids then you have to pay study permit fees . Also you have to fill IMM-1294 study permit application form .

Please pay biometric fees under PR application payment.

You have to do 2 different transactions
One is for PR including Biometric.

Second transaction for work permit 255 for each total :510
Don’t pay biometric under Workpermit application.

Kaysee8686

Feb 25, 2019
Hi. Im from Nigerian and looking for a job as a child care giver. Will appreciate any help to actualizing thins. Thanks

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490): 1,040 (applicant)
Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490): 1,040(spouse)

You can pay RPRF fees($ 490)later stage . IRCC recommended to pay now but it’s not required now,coz you are going to get your PR after 2 years . Once you submit the 24 month work experience.but it’s your call .

Open Workpermit fees 100
Total - :255

Work Permit Spouse : 155
Open Workpermit. : 100
Total :255

If you have school age kids then you have to pay study permit fees . Also you have to fill IMM-1294 study permit application form .

Please pay biometric fees under PR application payment.

You have to do 2 different transactions
One is for PR including Biometric.

Second transaction for work permit 255 for each total :510
Don’t pay biometric under Workpermit application.

Thanks for detailed response.

Well IMM -1294 is not on the checklist ( IMM_5981 E). Is it required for 10 years old child too ?

Any other document would you recommend which is not there on Checklist ?

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
6 months certificate is not required anymore.

If you have any other post secondary qualification, You are eligible.
Hi @erkaler - sorry I wanted to clarify this.. you mean ANY field of study? My cousin is BS Management but I told her she has to undergo a caregiver course/or certificate so I can get her but if ANY field would do, then I think she is totally fine.

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi @erkaler - sorry I wanted to clarify this.. you mean ANY field of study? My cousin is BS Management but I told her she has to undergo a caregiver course/or certificate so I can get her but if ANY field would do, then I think she is totally fine.
Yes any field is ok. She does't need Caregiver course.

tracy722

Oct 21, 2013
I recently submitted our application this week.
Hi, are you the sponsor or the principal apllicant? If you are the sponsor, did you post a job offer first in Job sites like workbc or indeed.ca? If yoy are the principal applicant, did you take the 6 month caregiving course? Thank you so much! I am planning to get my cousin in tye Philippines as a caregiver.