+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

holding both open work visa and study permit

Kanan30

Aug 25, 2021
Hi, I would like to know about both open work visa and study permit.If I have open work visa, and If i want to get study permit, can I apply study permit while having open work visa?Do I have to apply study permit separately?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I would like to know about both open work visa and study permit.If I have open work visa, and If i want to get study permit, can I apply study permit while having open work visa?Do I have to apply study permit separately?
Usually it’s one of the other.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you have a open work permit? If not, how are you eligible for an open work permit?

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
I think you can apply for anything while holding work visa status. If you qualify for what you apply to, your status should change to it. I don't think you can hold two permits at the same time. I might be wrong, but in the US you would not be allowed to have two non-immigrant statuses simultaneously.

SHEFARD

Jan 9, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to fill form 5710 E from CIC although I downloaded the adobe the form doesn't work. It is really frustrating could someone please let me know where I can open the form or if there is alternative website that we can download form from?!
Thanks,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to fill form 5710 E from CIC although I downloaded the adobe the form doesn't work. It is really frustrating could someone please let me know where I can open the form or if there is alternative website that we can download form from?!
Thanks,
Sometimes I use a Mac which didn't work (for opening pdf files) but a PC work. So it's nice to have both systems.

Sraeji

May 8, 2021
I think you can apply for anything while holding work visa status. If you qualify for what you apply to, your status should change to it. I don't think you can hold two permits at the same time. I might be wrong, but in the US you would not be allowed to have two non-immigrant statuses simultaneously.
[/QUO
hello how did you handle this? I am at the same stage. IRCC told I can apply both at the same time since I am eligible but I am not sure if I can work full time