+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiv positive

Rowlins

Jul 19, 2019
Order GCMS notes? Was that the only reason for refusal? Did you declare that overstay in your first application? Anything about a 5 year ban? You cannot correct the reason for refusal as you did overstay by 6 months. All you can do is declare your overstay. IRCC is concerned that you will not leave Canada after your studies, so you need to convince them that you will not. It is hard to be approved with such a long overstay.
That’s the only reason for refusal. There was nothing about 5 years ban. I declared the overstay and I thought it was legal to have an implied status after applying for the extension and stating the problem with the airline as reason for applying for the extension.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That’s the only reason for refusal. There was nothing about 5 years ban. I declared the overstay and I thought it was legal to have an implied status after applying for the extension and stating the problem with the airline as reason for applying for the extension.
But you say you overstayed for 6 months which means you were in Canada without status/illegally. IRCC would not consider the airline being at fault as legitimate for 6 months. So there was no other way to fly out of Canada in 2018? How long were you in Canada…provide timelines with when you overstayed and applied for extension? The only way to apply is with new information - no other airline could get you out of the country.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long were you originally given to visit Canada? Did you apply for an extension before that time was up? Was the extension approved? As long as there were flights going to Nigeria issues with an airline would not be a reason for such a significant overstay. You would have been expected to purchase a flight and deal with whatever issues you had from Nigeria.

Rowlins

Jul 19, 2019
But you say you overstayed for 6 months which means you were in Canada without status/illegally. IRCC would not consider the airline being at fault as legitimate for 6 months. So there was no other way to fly out of Canada in 2018? How long were you in Canada…provide timelines with when you overstayed and applied for extension? The only way to apply is with new information - no other airline could get you out of the country.
Maybe I did not explain it well enough. What I meant was that I stayed more than the initial 6 months that visitors are supposed to stay but before I completed that Initial 6 months in Canada I applied for extension because I knew there was no way I would make it out of Canada in time.

I will surely apply for the GCMS notes to know more about the reason for refusal.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before. How were they able to resolve it?

@canuck78 Nothing was written on my passport document, even the entry stamp was not clear enough. Only the day I entered was legible. No month, no year. I applied before the time was up. I had already left Canada before the approval came in so I left before the extension deadline.

Benjilo

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
@Naturgrl I just received a refusal letter and I could only deduce one reason for the refusal. They said in my last visit to Canada I did not comply with all conditions outlined in R183 of the IRPR or written in previous Canadian immigration document.

In 2018, I visited Canada and I overstayed the 6 months period for visitors because I had issues with the airline I was supposed to travel with. But before I overstayed I applied for extension and left before the extension expired.

How can a I correct the reason for refusal because I want to resubmit the application as soon as possible?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Really sorry to hear this it’s sudden my heart God knows best don’t give up. Get an immigration lawyer to help you with the reapplying which country did you apply from and when did they refuse you

Reactions: Rowlins

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Maybe I did not explain it well enough. What I meant was that I stayed more than the initial 6 months that visitors are supposed to stay but before I completed that Initial 6 months in Canada I applied for extension because I knew there was no way I would make it out of Canada in time.

I will surely apply for the GCMS notes to know more about the reason for refusal.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before. How were they able to resolve it?

@canuck78 Nothing was written on my passport document, even the entry stamp was not clear enough. Only the day I entered was legible. No month, no year. I applied before the time was up. I had already left Canada before the approval came in so I left before the extension deadline.
So what date did you land, and what date did you apply for extension. Dates are important because IRCC believes you overstayed and the only way to prove is to show dates of entry on passport, date you applied for extension and date you left.

Rowlins

Jul 19, 2019
I landed on November 2, 2018 and I submitted application to extend my stay on April 30, 2019. I left Canada on May 14, 2019. Extension was approved on June 7, 2019. Extension expiry July 7, 2019

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I landed on November 2, 2018 and I submitted application to extend my stay on April 30, 2019. I left Canada on May 14, 2019. Extension was approved on June 7, 2019. Extension expiry July 7, 2019
What did they entry stamp say? Was there a date for departure stamped on your passport because maybe there was.

Rowlins

Jul 19, 2019
What did they entry stamp say? Was there a date for departure stamped on your passport because maybe there was.
There was no date of departure on the passport. I just checked it again. Only entry stamp and the ink did not show clearly. Just the day is visible. Month and year are not visible

Last edited:

Fizhér

Star Member
Oct 26, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra
Med's Request
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
10-11-2023
Passport Req..
29-11-2023
Have you passed the medical? Has background and eligibility started? Do you live in country of citizenship? Many things can lead to a delay but there is a backlog and few are processed within stated times.
Have you try tracking it on the tracker
Did you do upfront medicals
Yes, I did upfront medicals

Rowlins

Jul 19, 2019
Yes. And explain your times in Canada, when you applied for extension and when you left. Show proof. I am thinking that your entry stamp which you cannot see clearly may be a date of departure less than 6 months.
Ok I will do. Thanks for the help

Stessi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2023
HIV, unless you fail the medical, is not an issue for visa approval. You can have HIV and show that you have it under control with medication, and showing cost of medication as you pay out of pocket. Getting approval depends on your funds, ties to Nigeria, justifying program costs with education and career advancement.
HIV, unless you fail the medical, is not an issue for visa approval. You can have HIV and show that you have it under control with medication, and showing cost of medication as you pay out of pocket. Getting approval depends on your funds, ties to Nigeria, justifying program costs with education and career advancement.
That you, and also am not handling the application process my agent is and I did not disclose my status to him, do I have to disclose as I have to do my medical next week